[SPL] ENG-SPL for the CDMA Hero

Search This thread

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009
Hey guys, thought i'd like to distribute something Toastcfh and i have had for quite some time. its an Eng Spl.

now you may be asking what that is. its pretty much the most awesome dev tool ever! it enables s-off in the bootloader so you can use fastboot and other crazy stuff. so it kinda makes dev'ing easier if trying to resolve a bootloop or kernel panic. I'll give a better explanation when i get back home tonight. so without further ado, here you all go

DOWNLOAD!!!
md5sum: a77a2dee8e903e8f1a18b28b5c5e0b40

All credit goes to Maejrep and Toastcfh for getting this for us

Flash this like you would a radio or a rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: anthony_s

secbrad

Mar 16, 2008
Hernando
What the heck, there's another post with someome trying to accomplish this same thing and Y'all have been sitting on this for no telling how long, that's awesome. I love that.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

urushiol

Mar 18, 2010
Humm im on 8242010 nightly, after flashing this sprintVVM fcs. Interesting. Perhaps an APK signing issue? I'll grab a logcat then resign the apk and see what happends.

urushiol

Mar 18, 2010
No idea why, but I rm'ed the apk from /system/app, and killed all traces of it in /cache, and /data/data. Then copied the apk manually using root explorer, set permissions and rebooted and now all is well. Probably just a fluke!

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009
*hears crickets chirping*

this board's lack of curiosity is so unnerving :-\

duffkitty

Mar 13, 2010
Pomona
Usually I flash whatever Darch posts but this... This scares me =P It's not like a rom or root or even a CDMA Radio where if I screw up I can RUU back to stock... Or can I -_^

Anyways, I'll probably flash this tomorrow ;) This doesn't effect Recovery or anything else correct? I am a mobile warrior so I do my nands and flashing without a PC =)

foolforfood

Dec 30, 2009
Greenville SC
What does this enable me to do with my phone? Like can I make a flashable zip without the signing? Or does this make it easier to customize stuff?

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
This allows you to flash an ***.img file to a specific partition on your phone without making a zip. You can also make a HERCIMG.zip (a zip with multiple images in it ie, system.img, data.img, boot.img, recovery.img) and flash that straight from hboot.

Again, if you don't know what you are doing you could SERIOUSLY f*** up your phone. This gives you all the power you need to flash the wrong thing and ruin your phone. But it is VERY useful if you know what you are doing.

foolforfood

Dec 30, 2009
Greenville SC
This allows you to flash an ***.img file to a specific partition on your phone without making a zip. You can also make a HERCIMG.zip (a zip with multiple images in it ie, system.img, data.img, boot.img, recovery.img) and flash that straight from hboot.

Again, if you don't know what you are doing you could SERIOUSLY f*** up your phone. This gives you all the power you need to flash the wrong thing and ruin your phone. But it is VERY useful if you know what you are doing.
Thank you sir, that makes sense. Mostly lol. Since that doesn't clear my confusion entirely, I suspect I'll not make much use of this haha.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, thought i'd like to distribute something Toastcfh and i have had for quite some time. its an Eng Spl.

now you may be asking what that is. its pretty much the most awesome dev tool ever! it enables s-off in the bootloader so you can use fastboot and other crazy stuff. so it kinda makes dev'ing easier if trying to resolve a bootloop or kernel panic. I'll give a better explanation when i get back home tonight. so without further ado, here you all go

DOWNLOAD!!!
    md5sum: a77a2dee8e903e8f1a18b28b5c5e0b40

All credit goes to Maejrep and Toastcfh for getting this for us

Flash this like you would a radio or a rom.
    Lol a I'm still a noob but give me a while
    Thanks man

Root-Hack-Mod-Always™
    Before anyone flames me, the search engine is down. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

I just flashed this and from hboot updated a radio. All went well.

I am wondering what the difference between this and regaw s-off method. Do I need to have both?

I steeped down in recoveries to flash this and it seems that most files are not up to the edify scripting. I guess I could run the converter but would just like to flash at will. There have been several post where people are talking about wiping (and apparently really wipes everything) somewhere in boot-loader, hboot, fastboot? Tried to find it but no luck.. If someone might breakdown the difference between the two methods or differences and where I might be able to wipe from the bootloader, I sure would appreciate it.

Regaw's method allows you to flash a HERCIMG.zip from hboot and this enables the use of the fastboot tool.

Power off your phone then while holding volume down press power to boot into the bootloader. Then press volume up and you will be in fastboot. Open cmd and Cd to where you have your fastboot tool and type "fastboot erase system -w" (w/out the quotes) and it will wipe everything. Then press volume down to take you back to hboot and press home to boot to recovery.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App