[App]WebCamera Plus 2.1.1

Search This thread

manhab

May 11, 2011
WebCamera Plus 2.1.1

2.1.2.jpg

Minimum requirements:

Windows XP/2000 PC ActiveSync or other data connection program.

features

Transforms your PDA or Smartphone to high-resolution web-camera.

- Use your PDA/Smartphone as microphone!
Even through Wi-Fi!

- FTP-Camera feature. Transmit pictures directly from device on your FTP server.

- You and your friend can see in any browser what picture transmit FTP-camera in real time from any place.

- Can work through any connection: USB ActiveSync, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS, 3G, LAN, WiMAX.

- Compatible with almost all modern Smartphones and PDAs (Windows Mobile 6.5 included!).

- Can be used as web-camera in many programs: Skype, MSN Messager, Yahoo Messager, ICQ, Virtual Dub and many others.

- Can capture device screen and transmit video to Desktop PC.

- WebCamera Plus support 19 languages.

- Bugs fixed

video

Download

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
it is worth to try, bause i am working with a lot of IPcam stuff for hospitals on child stations. Will report back here.

meltwater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
I was looking for something like this a while back, will give it a try as it should save taking a web-cam away on business.

Will try out and let you know. First thing, would prefer cab install option if possible I know there are client drivers needed for windows side too I guess).

Noticed that the video overlay for the camera does not go when the program is closed. So far I've not been able to connect, but this is probably due to my network config at the moment (so will retry later).

Last edited:

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
how do i connect this to my server? i have set the ip adress and it cannot connect

I think you connect via the webcam driver settings. i.e. VLC
Media -> Open Capture Device
Select Video device name - it should be in the list
Configure - Will open if the device is present and you should be able to press connect. You might see it pop up a message on your device when you do (too quick to read - i guess connecting etc).

Hopefully you'll get the images coming through (I get coloured striped display but that is probably due to the network I'm currently on has proxies etc).

Wevenhuis

Nov 10, 2009
Groningen
I tried to use it on my HTC HD2 running Artemis 58 with radio 2.15......
I cannot seem to connect it to my computer via WiFi. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

evilcuber

Aug 3, 2010
Toronto
I think you connect via the webcam driver settings. i.e. VLC
Media -> Open Capture Device
Select Video device name - it should be in the list
Configure - Will open if the device is present and you should be able to press connect. You might see it pop up a message on your device when you do (too quick to read - i guess connecting etc).

Hopefully you'll get the images coming through (I get coloured striped display but that is probably due to the network I'm currently on has proxies etc).

i get a coloured striped dispaly too. how can i get rid of this. also on my phone it cannont connect

mnaik

Jul 2, 2007
Tried it on HTC-HD2

Hi,

Have tried this on my HTC-HD2 and it say register to use free period is over.

Any other solution?

Cheers!

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
so it is now pay ware so far we can see. For this there is a special forum thread. Possible the admin can move it to there...

But there is the other solution from rc colonel - RC Camera (Link). I working with that a very long time.

Last edited:

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
so it is now pay ware so far we can see. For this there is a special forum thread. Possible the admin can move it to there...

But there is the other solution from rc colonel - RC Camera (Link). I working with that a very long time.
Will try the other solution, thanks for the tip! Hopefully that'll work without messing around too much.

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Will try the other solution, thanks for the tip! Hopefully that'll work without messing around too much.

I use it a very long time now for parents who's childs are in a hospital. We have installed some axis ptz cams (4x) in a hospital near my home city (~ 20 KM). We advise this to the parents for the mobile device or via a website on the PC. I have informed rccolonel some time ago to have a special version, but i think he is no longer online or busy with android. So i hope he will read this ;).

BTW:
in my free time i am working in a special community for this kind of stuff (paper, color pens, toys, hospital clowns, and...and...and...).

BTW 2:
follow this link and you can download the latest beta from rc camera

Last edited:

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
I use it a very long time now for parents who's childs are in a hospital. We have installed some axis ptz cams (4x) in a hospital near my home city (~ 20 KM). We advise this to the parents for the mobile device or via a website on the PC. I have informed rccolonel some time ago to have a special version, but i think he is no longer online or busy with android. So i hope he will read this ;).

BTW:
in my free time i am working in a special community for this kind of stuff (paper, color pens, toys, hospital clowns, and...and...and...).

BTW 2:
follow this link and you can download the latest beta from rc camera

rc-camera differs to this app since it's for using an ip-camera and the phone as a monitor, where this one attempts to use the phone's camera as the web-cam. I like the idea, but so far it doesn't work the way I've tried it (clearly it's not trivial thing to code).

BTW:
Well (to be slightly off topic here) I'll let you know if I get on with an Android app I have planned which will be suitable for children reading, might end up being of use. Can't get a better cause than that to be involved with!

marosteeha

Nov 17, 2010
cant seem to get it working

i installed the cab and that automatically installed it on my phone (omnia i900) when i open the app on my phone it displays the camera, but when i tap the "start" button it kinda freezes, the little rotating icon ippear and its like "thinking" but it never really conects, right now am using "mobiola web camera" and it does work but i dont like the output quality of it, the resolution and quality es too low, so i tought id try this put, but nope, nothing.

could i be doing something worong?... oh by the way, am using this on windows 7 x64.

Edit: aparently i got it working.

Last edited:

bismuth89

Mar 25, 2010
i installed the cab and that automatically installed it on my phone (omnia i900) when i open the app on my phone it displays the camera, but when i tap the "start" button it kinda freezes, the little rotating icon ippear and its like "thinking" but it never really conects, right now am using "mobiola web camera" and it does work but i dont like the output quality of it, the resolution and quality es too low, so i tought id try this put, but nope, nothing.

could i be doing something worong?... oh by the way, am using this on windows 7 x64.

Edit: aparently i got it working.
How did you get it working? Please let me know, I'm having a hard time with this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WebCamera Plus 2.1.1

2.1.2.jpg

Minimum requirements:

Windows XP/2000 PC ActiveSync or other data connection program.

features

Transforms your PDA or Smartphone to high-resolution web-camera.

- Use your PDA/Smartphone as microphone!
    Even through Wi-Fi!

- FTP-Camera feature. Transmit pictures directly from device on your FTP server.

- You and your friend can see in any browser what picture transmit FTP-camera in real time from any place.

- Can work through any connection: USB ActiveSync, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS, 3G, LAN, WiMAX.

- Compatible with almost all modern Smartphones and PDAs (Windows Mobile 6.5 included!).

- Can be used as web-camera in many programs: Skype, MSN Messager, Yahoo Messager, ICQ, Virtual Dub and many others.

- Can capture device screen and transmit video to Desktop PC.

- WebCamera Plus support 19 languages.

- Bugs fixed

video

Download