How do I root Verizon Note II 4.4.2 ND7?

Search This thread

xelerated

Nov 1, 2010
unlock

Someone at Verizon told me to go to the Samsung guys at bestbuy to unlock it.
I'm going to try it, but if they can't or won't then I'm leaving Verizon and taking all 6 lines with me

Neo2020Marz

Jan 5, 2013
Root ND7

Guaranteed working! Follow my setup and it will work everytime
Ok guys I was finally able to get my ND7 i605 rooted and its perm.
1. Download Ghettoroot v.0.3.2 and extract to C:
2. Download Ghettoroot from here post 27 (http://xdaforums.com/note-2-verizon/general/root-adb-ghettoroot-v0-1-towelroot-port-t2864125/page3)
3. Extract 2nd ghettoroot downloaded to same folder as the first Ghettoroot folder
4. You should now have all folders and files at C:/ghettoroot
5. This is where most are getting no device or its not working
6. Plug in the phone and wait until it enters media mode (30sec)
7. Open INSTALL.cmd in ghettoroot folder, but DO NOT press anything else! (Leave CMD Window Open)
8. After you open INSTALL.cmd the phone will ask for PC Authorization, hit yes on phone
9. At this time open GhettoRoot.bat in the folder and run it. It should see the phone and BAM!! start rooting.

Seems that adb from one ghettoroot will not recognize phone, but run together solves this no device problem.

I take no credit for files or such. Post is my personal setup that works everytime.

note2junky

Dec 30, 2014
Do I need to download odin or anything else with this instructional u gave or just what is stated

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Neo2020Marz

Jan 5, 2013
No odin, just the 2 ghettoroot files, then extract them and follow writeup. This is for root only.

note2junky

Dec 30, 2014
Ok please stay handy lol I'm gonna do it now with what u provided

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I just unzipped and move everything into the c drive getting ready to debug phone and try it I'll let u no

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Ok I'm still not getting it everything is in the c drive but there is no ghettoroot.bat file to click

note2junky

Dec 30, 2014
Yes finally figured it out ..ty very much ...is there a list of what is safe to freeze Uninstaller via titanium pro or other program

Neo2020Marz

Jan 5, 2013
Yes finally figured it out ..ty very much ...is there a list of what is safe to freeze Uninstaller via titanium pro or other program

Yes search the forums for verizon note 2 list to freeze or uninstall the files that fail or FC. I personally uninstalled them. Hit thanks if this helps and glad you got it.

Reactions: note2junky

bondra1216

Jun 20, 2013
still no unlock?

is there really still no way to unlock this phone to run custom roms? LITERALLY the only reason i have this in my possession (i dont even have a sim card for it and dont plan to) is to experiment with custom roms... this doesn't make sense to me, with all the knowledge we have out here, that this hasn't been figured out, especially by now.

Rant:
If they want to keep an unlocked device off their networks then they should do that, and find ways to do that... but if i OWN a device, and have no intention of connecting it to the outside world, i should be able to do whatever the f*ck i want with it. period.

SoulyUndone

Jan 25, 2015
Help?

2. Download Ghettoroot from here post 27 (http://xdaforums.com/note-2-verizon/general/root-adb-ghettoroot-v0-1-towelroot-port-t2864125/page3)
3. Extract 2nd ghettoroot downloaded to same folder as the first Ghettoroot folder
7. Open INSTALL.cmd in ghettoroot folder, but DO NOT press anything else! (Leave CMD Window Open)
8. After you open INSTALL.cmd the phone will ask for PC Authorization, hit yes on phone
9. At this time open GhettoRoot.bat in the folder and run it. It should see the phone and BAM!! start rooting.

Seems that adb from one ghettoroot will not recognize phone, but run together solves this no device problem.

I take no credit for files or such. Post is my personal setup that works everytime.
Hello, i tried doing everything written and it recognized my phone and finishes everything to the reboot, but says something about being unable to find the supersu folder? Would you be willing to do a teamviewer with me so you can troubleshoot yourself?

Geohottroot not working for me on Note2 Verizon i605

I tried this and it said successful in the CMD window. But when I installed SuperSU from Chainfire on the playstore, I get a message that no binary installed.
Running ND7 4.4.2 Verizon. Any suggestions?

Jun 28, 2014
I sed the following method

I tried this and it said successful in the CMD window. But when I installed SuperSU from Chainfire on the playstore, I get a message that no binary installed.
Running ND7 4.4.2 Verizon. Any suggestions?

Try this method, worked for me

- Download 2.2 and 3.2
- Place both folders in the root of C:
- Open a CMD window with 'run as admin'
- Type cd C:\ghettoroot-v0.3.2\tools\win\adb and run 'adb devices'
- Type cd ..\..\..
- Type install.cmd and let it run (you should be running 3.2)
- Let the phone reboot and leave install mode
- Run the cleanup and try again until it works
- Navigate to C:\ghettoroot-v0.3.2\tools\win\adb and run 'adb devices'
- Type cd C:\ghettoroot-v0.2.2\ghettoroot
- Type install.cmd
- Let the phone reboot
- Run cleanup again when phone leaves install and you're done with root
- Update SuperSU in the play store and reboot

Reactions: iqcomputers

fibertowner

Feb 19, 2015
Trouble Installing CWM/TWRP on Rooted Vz Note 2 SCH-i605 4.4.2

The title of this post summarizes my present challenge ... I have not been able to successfully install CWM or TWRP using any popular method. For example ODIN attempts fail each time, no matter what I try, e.g. swapping USB ports, reloading drivers, removing batteries, sim cards, SD card, changing cables, turning virus protection on/off, battery charge level (50 thru 100%) ... and various combinations of these approaches. ROM Mgr and other Flash apps don't get it done -- well, to be fair, they may be getting it done, but on reboot I receive an error message "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found...." blah, blah, blah. --SO, does anyone have any thoughts or approaches they might recommend? I'm really stumped. And to make it all the more vexing, I'm a novice or whatever is just before novice. I've enjoyed getting this far and have recovered from a few soft bricks along the way. The first time was worrisome, but now I don't worry so much. I've lucked out and found a lot of great guidance on forums, like this one and others. But so far, I haven't landed on the trick of getting past 'whatever roadblock(s)' are in place on this Note 2 SCH-i605 4.4.2 set-up. I'm stumped.

supreme83

Mar 2, 2011
Kansas City, MO
The title of this post summarizes my present challenge ... I have not been able to successfully install CWM or TWRP using any popular method. For example ODIN attempts fail each time, no matter what I try, e.g. swapping USB ports, reloading drivers, removing batteries, sim cards, SD card, changing cables, turning virus protection on/off, battery charge level (50 thru 100%) ... and various combinations of these approaches. ROM Mgr and other Flash apps don't get it done -- well, to be fair, they may be getting it done, but on reboot I receive an error message "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found...." blah, blah, blah. --SO, does anyone have any thoughts or approaches they might recommend? I'm really stumped. And to make it all the more vexing, I'm a novice or whatever is just before novice. I've enjoyed getting this far and have recovered from a few soft bricks along the way. The first time was worrisome, but now I don't worry so much. I've lucked out and found a lot of great guidance on forums, like this one and others. But so far, I haven't landed on the trick of getting past 'whatever roadblock(s)' are in place on this Note 2 SCH-i605 4.4.2 set-up. I'm stumped.

If you just read around or google it you would know that recovery (safestrap or any other) is not possible for the 4.4.2 update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool.... this the first thing I needed to know is if I kill it can I get it back. I can't afford a payment plan fone had to buy this one cash....

So how did you do it? What tools / (LINKS?) method and firmware did you use? Anything with Links to the destructions you followed would help

I gotta know how to ReViVe it before I kill it :laugh:

THANKS
    VW

My brick was soft, meaning I attempted to boot my phone and was met with the "Software has been found on your phone that is not authorized by Verizon..." etc. My phone would not boot, but I was still able to access the download mode. So I obtained the fully stock ROM from stockroms. I used Odin v3.07 odindownload.com to flash the stock ROM and returned my device to stock. Beautiful thing is that I retained all my data, apps, text messages, etc. It was like I never bricked it. I can't say you will have the same results, but hopefully you won't have to worry about it.

I have some download links here to help. I have to manually type these and switch between this window and a screenshot from my phone, but I want people to have the same luck as me without having to search for hours like I did.

Stock 4.4.2 firmware for SCH-I605
    http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote2/SCH-I605/official/I605VRUFND7_I605VZWFND7_VZW.zip

Ghettoroot download link one
    http://www.mediafire.com/?s58bgpzo03idh9e

Ghettoroot download link two
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2922670

Odin download I received
    http://download.chainfire.eu/313/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t0ltevzw-t0ltevzw-schi605.zip

Follow the instructions in this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59070170&postcount=426

I hope this helps you!

Sent from my SCH-i605 through space and time

Brought forth to your face by the XDA Developer app

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

I forgot to mention, the reason I soft bricked my phone was because of an attempt to install twrp recovery using the app. That set off the security on my locked bootloader, and made it so I couldn't boot my phone without the Verizon warning. Dont do what I did, the bootloader isn't unlocked for 4.4.2 yet, so don't try to flash any recovery unless you use the safestrap method.

Sent from my SCH-i605 through space and time

Brought forth to your face by the XDA Developer app
    There is root now... At least, it works for me. I modified [source code based on] towelroot, fixed a few things for our phone, and called it GhettoRoot. No one has tested it except me.

Feel free to try it, usual warnings apply... Check my thread in the General forum. I can't link anything or post in the development forums.
    Root ND7

Ive been sitting in mj9 with root being apparent is the update worthwhile?

YES, most definitely, IMO, I don't have to upgrade to the note 4 ASAP now.