Want to Run Hero? READ THIS FIRST

Search This thread

allk

Jan 18, 2008
Help

I followed all of the instructions on this page and the JacHero2.5 thread but after adding the new spl and having my phone work properly I tried to intall the JacHero rom and via update.zip and after attempting my phone only shows the android boot screen then the htc screen and then keeps repeating them.

nephron

May 25, 2009
I followed all of the instructions on this page and the JacHero2.5 thread but after adding the new spl and having my phone work properly I tried to intall the JacHero rom and via update.zip and after attempting my phone only shows the android boot screen then the htc screen and then keeps repeating them.

did you partition your SD Card? Also make sure you WIPE and FLASH :D

If you did partition try using the "fix ext filesystem" in cyanogen's recovery

Edit: Added how to check what class your sd card is :D

Last edited:

VGPOP

Apr 23, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Q] Should i use swapper? What is a good setting to use

[A] Yes

Perfect Setting:
Swap Location: /system/sd/swapper.swp
Swap Space: 32mb
Swapinness: 10 or 60 which ever works better for you

Note: Swapper will kill your SDCard faster then normal

Your swap location is different. I've read somewhere else is that it should be:

/system/sd/swap.swp (you have swapper)

Last edited:

nephron

May 25, 2009
o my bad lol. Havent touched my swapper settings in a while ill fix that in a sec. Thanks for noticing!

nephron

May 25, 2009
lol ya it doesnt matter but w/e. I stopped using the hero roms and decided to wait till JacHero 3.0 to start flashing again. There are way too many updates and its kind of annoying to keep flashing and testing. :D

kornelis43

May 29, 2009
y whant hero

hello y am a dutch guy en want also hero on my t mobile g1 phone .y have already root my phone and have on my phone jfv1.51 crb 43 adp and jfv recovery image 1.43 .if its posible how do y do it en what must y have to do it? y also hve my sd card split in to partitions.

theanswer

Jul 13, 2009
big problem!

please help guys!! i have quite the problem

i installed the new radio, however after trying to install in the new SPL by entering the boot menu, it seems i cant enter it by pressing the home and power buttong. i'm not sure why, and i followed the directions exactly as posted, so any help would be much appreciated.:(:(:(

Z

zaqwsxzaqwsx

I hope not, but maybe you need to apply for membership here
It could be that the new spl is a killer, literally

purav

Jul 15, 2009
Hi guys,

I have followed the instructions under:

[Q] Do i NEED the new Radio and SPL?

[A] Yes, you MUST have the new Radio AND SPL

However now when i turn my phone on, i just get the G1 with t-mobile written underneath screen up. I cannot do anything from here such as getting to recovery mode etc.

HELP!!!!

purav

Jul 15, 2009
Hi guys,

However now when i turn my phone on, i just get the G1 with t-mobile written underneath screen up. I cannot do anything from here such as getting to recovery mode etc.

HELP!!!!

Anyone ????????

Godson1227

Feb 24, 2008
[QUOTE
2) Remove any widgets or apps that you done need through adb or terminal

Code:
adb rm /data/app_s/Stocks.apk

or in terminal :

Code:
su
rm /data/app_s/Stocks.apk

[/QUOTE]

I tried the commands for terminal but keep getting "no such file directory" error do I need to run apps2sd to do this I thought it was supposed 2 be done during install of rom. I did everything right rom is running just running slow and I want to delete sum of the stuff I never use like twitter google talk etc. can anyone help me out thanks.

Godson1227

Feb 24, 2008
[QUOTE
2) Remove any widgets or apps that you done need through adb or terminal

Code:
adb rm /data/app_s/Stocks.apk

or in terminal :

Code:
su
rm /data/app_s/Stocks.apk

I tried the commands for terminal but keep getting "no such file directory" error do I need to run apps2sd to do this I thought it was supposed 2 be done during install of rom. I did everything right rom is running just running slow and I want to delete sum of the stuff I never use like twitter google talk etc. can anyone help me out thanks.[/QUOTE]

Coopaman

Jul 9, 2009
Ok im trying to do the apps2sd part but its not doing it correctly. I followed the instructions here and on theunlockr but its not working..

Im running the hero rom currently is that the problem? should i reflash JF then do the apps2sd, then flash the hero rom?

phantasm714

Jul 3, 2008
PDX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What do you mean by "doing the apps2sd part"? the Hero roms automatically put your apps on the ext2/ext3 partition of your SD card. if your card is partitioned correctly (FAT32 partition 1st, ext2 or 3 partition 2nd) then you need do nothing else as far as 'apps2sd'.

Ok im trying to do the apps2sd part but its not doing it correctly. I followed the instructions here and on theunlockr but its not working..

Im running the hero rom currently is that the problem? should i reflash JF then do the apps2sd, then flash the hero rom?

purav

Jul 15, 2009
Hi guys,

HELP!!!!

:confused: