How to get your Nexus 4 sync working with Fitbit

Search This thread

acappella_jg

Jul 26, 2011
for everyone that wants to sync their nexus 4 just edit the build.prop so the app sees the phone as the s4 google edition..

change the
ro.product.model=GT-I9505G
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Wow, works great, thanks!

Are there any negative consequences that arise from editing the build prop to show up as a different device?

Reactions: Ruprect

TekMate24

Jun 2, 2009
I've been using method this to sync with my Fitbit Flex and it's worked great, except my camera's autofocus has stopped working.
When I open the camera and push a spot to focus on, it just gives me a red focus symbol. CM's Focal, Camera 360 and Snapchat also won't focus. Has anybody else noticed this?

Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: Stock 4.3 rooted (JWR66Y)
Kernel: Stock

tasteofink

Jul 29, 2010
Works perfectly for me also running PA 3.99 on N4.

However, autofocus then stops working in the camera due to the edited build.prop :(

Last edited:
May 26, 2010
Auto focus is lost. I tried editing build. Prop every way the Fitbit flex works. J even installed the Google play edition camera apks and still no luck

jamina1

Nov 10, 2010
Kalamazoo
I just downloaded and installed on my Nexus 4 running 10.1.3 stable and it does not give me the ability to sync my device. Any ideas?

hunter3160

Nov 13, 2010
I've successfully patched application to masquerade Nexus 4 as GT-I9505G!! So now you can revert your original build.prop :cowboy:
PS Tested on CM10.2 nightly

tried that and the OP method it worked once and then it stopped working now all i get is tracker not found. im on android 4.3 stock rooted.

xdaschnapps

Mar 27, 2012
Errors exactly as promised by fitibit.com

I've successfully patched application to masquerade Nexus 4 as GT-I9505G!! So now you can revert your original build.prop :cowboy:

I get exactly the errors described by fitbit.com (under "android device compatibility"):
  • Device stops syncing after 24 hours
  • Battery drains quickly
Tested on a Nexus 4 with CM10.2 nightly (20130926).

So Unfortunately I have to go back to syncing with my PC. Actually even that is not working right now... :eek:

UPDATE:
PC syncing was definitely screwed up and the only solution was to leave the Fitbit Flex sitting around for another day until the battery ran out. On recharging the sync to USB-Dongle worked again (yay!)

After contacting FitBit Support about this they explained how to reset the Flex:
  1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable.
  2. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  3. Press the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  4. If you see lights on your Flex, let it charge for a few hours.

I confirm that turning off Background Sync prevented the problem happening again. It's been running for about four days now.

Summary
  • You can use this hack to enable bluetooth syncing between the Nexus 4 and your Fitbit Flex. :D
  • Turn off background-syncing! (Menu ->Devices -> tap on your Flex -> remove checkbox from "Background Syncing"))
  • If your sync stops working and the battery drains extra quickly then reset your Flex as described above

Last edited:

newtonfb

Feb 9, 2010
You need to turn background sync off and have it only sync when you open the app

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
sweet, thanks. i've already got 2 usb dongles (work and home), but this will be great when traveling.

any idea how future updates will be handled once Fitbit pushes them out? will those updates screw up this version and take functionality away?

psy

May 12, 2007
Melbourne

Thanks! Installed on my stock (non-rooted, running 4.3) Nexus 4. Did an initial sync without any issues. Have left background sync on, but will keep an eye on battery etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Damn - they completely changed Bluetooth support checking....
    However I spoofed it again :cool:
    PS It should be working on all other Bluetooth 4.0 with LE devices (not only Nexus 4)
    for everyone that wants to sync their nexus 4 just edit the build.prop so the app sees the phone as the s4 google edition..

change the
    Could you please patch the latest version, or else share the patch method?

Thanks a lot!
    I've all developer tools installed at work - so please wait till Monday...

change the

Wow, works great, thanks!

Are there any negative consequences that arise from editing the build prop to show up as a different device?