[ ROM / 7-4 ] Calkulin's EViO 3 v1.0 [ 4.24 l Gingerbread l Undervolted l Tweaked ]

Search This thread

BlazinThat

Jul 17, 2011
Rocky Mountain High
Alright i know that theres not gunna be any updates but i still need help anyways if possible. Ive been on asop roms forever now and my little brother got me thinking about sense again so i tried this rom. I flash it up and get it running but whenever i reboot or shut of the phone i get stuck on the splash screen and nothing happens. I thought it was cause of amon ra so i flashed backed to my decks and then flashed clockwork mod and then tried everything all over. I still cant get past a restart or power down.

Oh both recovery's i wiped everything multiple times then tried everything over, i survived one powerdown and now i just lost everything. Im a new dad so i dont have alot of time to keep looking for answers, any help?

MrWhite1127

Jul 15, 2011
Sherwood, AR
Alright i know that theres not gunna be any updates but i still need help anyways if possible. Ive been on asop roms forever now and my little brother got me thinking about sense again so i tried this rom. I flash it up and get it running but whenever i reboot or shut of the phone i get stuck on the splash screen and nothing happens. I thought it was cause of amon ra so i flashed backed to my decks and then flashed clockwork mod and then tried everything all over. I still cant get past a restart or power down.

Oh both recovery's i wiped everything multiple times then tried everything over, i survived one powerdown and now i just lost everything. Im a new dad so i dont have alot of time to keep looking for answers, any help?

Try wiping everything again. Then immediately after flashing the Rom flash a different kernel. That should break the undervolt. It sounds like the undervolt doesn't like your device

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida

Also on the zip file you downloaded check the system/etc/init.d/ folder for undervolting files and delete them

Reactions: BlazinThat

BlazinThat

Jul 17, 2011
Rocky Mountain High
I finally got it. After I got stuck on splash screen I booted into recovery and wiped cache and delvic cache and rebooted and more its money

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

ginjeet

Jul 28, 2010
So. Cal.
I'm using the EVO Classic, alot like calk's roms based off stock but highly modified works great i have outstanding performance over any of the 2.1+ roms i've tried out.

It's an outstanding ROM. Pretty sleek.

Just personally trying to find a kernel match. Everything I've used with it sucks my battery dry exceedingly well.

(no need to flame, or suggest, I'm cool with voltages, speeds, and toggling radios)

The themers (cough cough ^^ EViL) working on Tommy's classic are doing great work with it.

Now.. If I could just find that one compatible kernel.. lol

Tazmandeux

Sep 5, 2010
HTC U11
CIQ on EVIO 2 and 3?

With the advent of the class action lawsuit regarding CIQ, was/is CIQ operative on Calk's EVIO 2 and 3? Not to implicate Calk, but to see if HTC or Sprint would have the ability to get data from CIQ from our Calk'd Evos.

Thanks

pinkmini

Dec 22, 2010
Whittier, CA
Hello

Just rooted my daughters evo and after installing this rom i got the uid error. I also noticed shes only getting evdo when she always had 3g before. (she lives in a non 4g area) i booted to recovery wiped all data again and rebooted. the uid error is gone but the evdo is still there. i even tried turning on 4g just to see if that would fix it but its still on evdo. I could use a bit of help fixing. thanks!

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
Hello

Just rooted my daughters evo and after installing this rom i got the uid error. I also noticed shes only getting evdo when she always had 3g before. (she lives in a non 4g area) i booted to recovery wiped all data again and rebooted. the uid error is gone but the evdo is still there. i even tried turning on 4g just to see if that would fix it but its still on evdo. I could use a bit of help fixing. thanks!

Evdo is 3g it just shows that instead

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

iggogg

May 4, 2010

retali8

Jul 4, 2008
Anyone know how to fix voicemail notifications in the latest version of this ROM? The beta 2 version worked fine for me but ever since I upgraded to this version it no longer works with Boost mobile. :| Cleared caches and everything. I just needed the tun kernel module and this version has it already. Maybe if I can't use this version someone can provide the module for kernel 2.6.35.10-gaa602b7. :)

Nevermind I fixed it.

http://hotfile.com/dl/133272638/111e079/Evo_On_Boost_Voicemail_Fix.zip.html

DJwa163

Dec 26, 2008
Nowheredam
www.ipmart-forum.com
So, I flashed this rom, and as soon as it booted up it gave me a message that uids on the system are inconsistent. Wipe Data partition or device will be unstable.

Not sure what this is referring to...just wipe data/dalvic,cache?

I did that before flashing, maybe I'll do that again and see what gives, just wanted to check before I do something I shouldn't be doing.

Thanks

Probably the cleanest solution HERE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EViO 3 Series

97264818.png
    65447389.png
    launchers.png

Based on rooted 2.3.3 / GRI40 - 4.24.651.1

ROM includes:
    HTC 2.6.35.10-gc0a661b #1 kernel
    Most HTC apps
    EStrongs File Explorer
    Facebook
    HTC_IME mod
    Quickboot
    Wireless Tether
    Busybox
    and a couple more
    (Removed apps are in the sdcard/Removed_Apps folder)

MODs included:
    Tweaked system(Very FAST)
    Kernel is undervolted & includes Tun module, Conservative and Powersave governors
    Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot!
    Moved dalvik-cache to cache partition
    Reduced auto-brightness range for better battery life
    Disabled search button(Enable zip attached)
    Removed haptic feedback from dialer & stock Android lockscreen(if you decide to use it)
    Notification bar will display TRUE network speeds(2G(1x) when used), instead of always 3G(EVDO)
    Battery % on battery meter(ported from Smooth Icons)
    Removed USB Debug notification
    Removed purple hue from most of Sense
    Colored notification icons
    Rosie app launcher displays 5x5 icons & swapped right button to launch the browser(ported from JsChiSurf's Rosie mods)
    Upped MMS size limit to 5MB(Default is 2MB still)
    Modded Flash Player so Hulu works
    Annoying ads in programs are blocked

System has also been de-odex'd, apk's have been optimized & aligned

v1.0
    Initial Release

Important Notes - Due to how this ROM is setup, a wipe is recommended BEFORE flashing

You must be rooted to flash this ROM, so go here to learn how to

Be sure to do a backup before flashing and read the change log

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0) - Mirror

Previous ROM versions

Latest Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot

Splash - MUST be NAND unlocked(S-OFF) to flash

splash1.png
    Here's a early release of the official version of EViO 3 based on 4.24. Has almost all the "extras" EViO 2 had minus the 4 in 1 reboot menu and the power notification widget(still haven't had a lot of time to port those but I'll get it done soon).

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0)
    Sorry for the delay in posting the official release but it's finally up now...
    I approve this statement
    Calkulin is one of the most respected and talented developers around here. I trust his judgment on when an update is appropriate. Patience, young grasshopper, is a virtue.