FINALLY !!! Unlock Bootloader on Arc/Neo/Neo V after 12w14 !!!! EASY AS 1,2,3 :)

Search This thread

zadrozny91

Mar 17, 2012
If BL unlocked officially, warrenty is VOID, no more official updates and DRM is lost.
U lose DRM for ever if BL is unlocked by official method. TrackID app willnot work.. this is what i have in my knowledge.
I never minded in unlocking it.. since i dont use it.

If you know what you are doing, then no problem at all.. so i unlocked BL officially.(no option,, manufactured 12w14)

If unlocked by unofficial method, then u can relock it.. search in the forum to gain more knowledge..;)

I unlocked my Neo V via this method, then it turned out that something with my motherboard was wrong, so I relocked it using an ftf fie, when updated via SEUS, sent it over to SE service and got my Neo V replaced for a brand new phone for free as it was unable to be repaired, so I think all is fine when You unlock it using this method. It is just the same as the official one from website, just a few clicks less :)

V

Vatsal

Update ur OP but that we hav to flash ics kernel after unlockin then switch it on. Nd how to relock bl?

sent from my supercharged neo v running sonic powered by suave kernel.

Ghostfreak NB

Aug 11, 2012
Mumbai
Yes, indeed :) I myself, couldn't figure out the 'official' method, something was missing, but with this one it's much easier :)

I don't understand one thing!
I think this flashes a Gb kernel!
Which is why people get Sony Ericsson logo!

But how?I wanna know that!

And Gb kernels don't work with Ics Rom which people try upon! And then people get a SE logo and fear that they've bricked it!
;)
Better if you state
,to keep an Ics kernel or try it on GB fw directly !

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

Last edited:

zadrozny91

Mar 17, 2012
Update ur OP but that we hav to flash ics kernel after unlockin then switch it on. Nd how to relock bl?

OP Updated :)
If You want to relock Your bootloader flash an attached ftf via flashtool, then You can update via SEUS and Your phone is like a brand new, but without DRM files :)

I don't understand one thing!
I think this flashes a Gb kernel!
Which is why people get Sony Ericsson logo!

But how?I wanna know that!

And Gb kernels don't work with Ics Rom which people try upon! And then people get a SE logo and fear that they've bricked it!
;)
Better if you state
,to keep an Ics kernel or try it on GB fw directly !

Yes, it does flash the GB kernel which causes bootloops when flashed over ICS. Updated the OP, thanks for pointing this :)

Attachments

• Xperia_Relock_bootloader.rar
    63.8 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Ghostfreak NB

Ghostfreak NB

Aug 11, 2012
Mumbai
No issues!
Good work!
Care to tell what flashes a GB kernel !? And any way to make it flash an Ics kernel instead?

Last edited:

zadrozny91

Mar 17, 2012
No issues!
Good work!
Care to tell what flashes a GB kernel !? And any way to make it flash an Ics kernel instead?

Sorry Mate, but can't tell You that :( I found this program when I was looking for something that fixes 0% problem but noticed that it also unlocked the bootloader :) It's not my program, so can't make it flash any other kernel, I'm just sharing :)

djfran10

Sep 10, 2012
Santa Fe
Work in the phones whit:

Rooting status:
Bootloader unlock allowed: NO? is 12w20,I ask because I understand basic English, and the method for sony is saying YES.

Thanks!

V

Vatsal

I think yes coz it unlocks ur sim also.. Bt still confirm wid op

If I helped pls press thanks.

zadrozny91

Mar 17, 2012
Work in the phones whit:

Rooting status:
Bootloader unlock allowed: NO? is 12w20,I ask because I understand basic English, and the method for sony is saying YES.

Thanks!

If it says Bootloader unlock allowed=NO, then I think You can't unlock it. Still You can try, I don't think this program will do any harm to You, but still don't blame me if something goes wrong, do it on Your own responsibility :)

zadrozny91

Mar 17, 2012
I unlocked bl on ICS in 10 minutes, download the right stuff replaxlce in c driver, set in fastboot mode, type right commands in official way and BANG bootloader unlocked but not with this steps, just what i did earlier before in 2012:)

...:: P@nD€m!c Quote: Face Your Insanity !!

Somehow, the 'official' method didn't work with 12w14 or later, but with my method I managed to do so :) Maybe they do the same, but this one helped me, that's why I shared :)
Both do what they should do - unlocked the BL :)

Reactions: Aciong.Aksaya

neives

Oct 14, 2008
Esposende
Arc S

Hi there..

I own a Xperia Arc S (LT18i) on 12w19.
Whene i go to service menu it says: "Bootloader unlock allowed: NO"
Will this method work for my phone??

I'm on a CustomRom ICS based, if i use this method, will i get bootloops??

Last edited:
V

Vatsal

Bootloops.. Lol no... Read the above posts.. U ll gt ur answer..

Press thanks if I helped

sent from my superstable neo v running js 9 powered by suave kernel

neives

Oct 14, 2008
Esposende
Ok, thanks for the answer, but my phone says bootloader unlock allowed no, and on the other threads people say that i have to pay to unlock it, thst my Carrier locked it.. I don't want to brick my phone and on this thread i don't see anyone saying that unlock a lt18 loke mine...

Sorry, but i Just want to be sure..

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

neives

Oct 14, 2008
Esposende
Does your phones say "bootloader unlock allowed: no" on the service menu??

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    I wanted to share a great method to harmlessly unlock the bootloader on Neo and Neo V which works on every device (before and after 12w14). Simply follow this steps:
    EDIT: Use it over GB firmware, or flash ICS kernel after using this fix if You are on ICS and want to keep it, otherwise You will get bootloops!!!!
    1. download this program:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/xfkXTzdB/ZeroPercentFixTool.html
    2. Register Your IMEI number on this site:
    http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
    and let the code be sent to You by Sony Ericsson to your e-mail.
    3. Then open zeropercentfixtool.exe (remember to have all the drivers installed)
    4. Copy the code into the program, click fix it and connect the phoine in fastboot mode.
    5 After that it is better to desconnect the phone, and flash ICS kernel, than all should work perfectly
    Voilla, done :)
    You finally have unlocked the newer versions of xperia Neo/Neo V :)))
    PS. nevermind that the program says zero percent fix tool, it unlocks the bootloader as well. Tried on my Neo V 12w9 and 12w31 and it's working like a charm :)
    Hope You enjoy it ! :)

For discussion, thread in General section:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073488
    It's alive! :victory: Thanks dude.

you better use thanx button nest time instead saying it like spamming the thread ..:silly:
    Well,seems your method is pretty much easier for noobs!!!
    It involves less manual work! :p

I was getting the error due to absence of JDK/JRE which i have solved by installing JDK,

Now i am in another hurdle, as per the instruction mentioned in official way of SONY

Place the unzipped file in the usb_driver folder, located in the Android SDK > extras > google folder on your computer.

but in the SDK there is no such folder, tried to find such folder but zero result.

EDIT: Also the SDK manager is not working, Just showing command prompt for 1 mSec

Make such a folder and put the file there...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app