Change yourself the size of RAMDisk and Pagepool in Himalaya ROM

Search This thread

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
So I cooked my ROM with 64MB RAMDisc... But it's not softreset persistent as in Master Shekar's ROMs.

Is there any WM61 ROM with persistent 64MB RamDisc ever cooked? Is that config even physically possible?

Browsed this holy forum for almost whole day but couldn't find an answer. Pretty pleasy, if you Shekar got a minute, write dow few words... :-(

It is definitely possible to have 64MB RAMDisk and persistant too. You seem to have commited some error while hex editing the nk.nba. You won't find any ROM with 64MB RAMDisk with WM6.1 on this forum but you can cook your own and release for others too..

cv65user

Jun 26, 2008
can anyone explain the whole ppoiint of this . whats pagepool+Program memory+RAMDisk used for ?

page pool is likle page file
prog mem is ram
and ram disk is for persistant storage or is it still volatlie ?

for eg, i only use my xda ii 2005 for tomtom6 and inbox syncs and occassional program cabs. therefore in my instance i would prefer a larger ratio of ram disk ? or not ? depending if its volatile or not

DR_HAMMER

Feb 22, 2008
Well my WM61 cooked ROM with 64MB RAM seems to work well. Excluding the RAM persistency. What makes the RAM be persistent? It's some kind of registry settings or what?

I'm also interesting for this function. I'm going to wait with reflashing, until this problem is fixed.

In my old original WinMobile 2003 edition rom from my provider Swisscom, there was a tool like a scrollbar, to give more program memory or ram memory, when I move the bar on left or right side. So I mustn't reflash my room every time to change the sizes.

cityshark

Jan 29, 2007
Prague
www.cityshark.cz
Well, since I did not found out how to make the rom persistent, I grabbed from some archive (I guess buzzs) cooked ROM with persistent parts and modified it.

I'm sure this will suit you fine as well.

So go ahead and wipe that oldschool sh*t WM2003 :) and get yourself the fresh new WM6 (seems to me faster then the WM5). As far as I tried these ROMs have similar handling when installing, modifing and so on...

DR_HAMMER

Feb 22, 2008
Well, since I did not found out how to make the rom persistent, I grabbed from some archive (I guess buzzs) cooked ROM with persistent parts and modified it.

I'm sure this will suit you fine as well.

So go ahead and wipe that oldschool sh*t WM2003 :) and get yourself the fresh new WM6 (seems to me faster then the WM5). As far as I tried these ROMs have similar handling when installing, modifing and so on...

Hmm my "RamDisk" will be deleted, when I shut down the device. I think it's a regedit entry, that will alow to make the "RamDisk" persistent.

But I still don't unterstand for what the three storages are:

-Storage
-Programms
-RamDisk

I need more Storage or RamDisk instead of Programms, because I can't say to example TomTom, that TomTom should be installed in Programms. Only Storage and RamDisk are choosable by me.

Yankee.106

May 30, 2006
Resize and WARNING

Hello, I want resize PagePool and RAMdisc, but i got: "WARNING: this does not look like a nbf header, possible you provided the wrong password" when I use: "xda2nbftool -x NK.nbf NK.nba 0×20040304". What I done wrong?

I need the smallest PagePool (default is 5MB), RAMdisc to 0MB and Internal Storage to 16MB (for Today Plugin). I have SD card, and iGO 8, I run from it. I need much more free RAM , up to 96MB or more ;)

francis_fds

Jan 26, 2007
Hello Shekhar,

I have a blueangel with windows mobile 6.1. Rom 20758(sundream). Is there anyways you could assist me with making such changes to my rom? i want a 0 pagepool and 0 ramdisk.

francis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have successfully flashed my i-mate by changing value in NK.nba into 32MB pagepool & 0MB RAMdisk according to your intructions; step1. Then after flashing I have modified in the Regedit to get 32MB RAMDisk. It shows 93.22MB RAM & 31.96 RAMDisk, may I right?
    After all these I'm interested about Contacts which show Sim-contacts, can u help me?
    Thnx to your advice, waiting for .........