OpenSEMC is for AOSP based roms only, im happy you will work on it

Enviado desde mi LT26i usando Tapatalk 4
10th August 2013, 10:16 AM |#812  
Flag Keerbergen
Thanks Meter: 407

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakandu

@Arakmar I dont know if you still have this device, but can you make an advanced stock kernel for JB for Xperia S as awesome as this was?

Becaise CMW in every JB kernel is crashed, no SD mounting, always with the cache mount error and they are not optimized as this was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakmar

I thought DoomLord created an advanced stock JB kernel. Apparently not.

I'll try to do that in the coming weeks
Until the release, If you want to properly backup and restore, you can use any OpenSEMC kernel.
It contains my MMC fix which was included in Advanced Stock ICS kernel.

DooMLorD did create an advanced stock JB kernel, check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302393. The problem is that the recovery that comes with this kernel, or any recovery for stock JB right now, doesn't allow to mount USB and, well the other bugs Yakandu is talking about. I wouldn't call "as optimized" a bug, this kernel has always been just stock with a custom recovery and autoroot, which is pretty much what Doom's is as well, only the recovery is a bit buggy. So there's no optimisations as far as I know, the ICS kernel just wasn't as hacked together as the JB kernel.

So a better recovery would be very welcome, but an advanced stock JB kernel is already there.
10th August 2013, 10:20 AM |#813  
Flag Bilbao
Thanks Meter: 796

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1

DooMLorD did create an advanced stock JB kernel, check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302393. The problem is that the recovery that comes with this kernel, or any recovery for stock JB right now, doesn't allow to mount USB and, well the other bugs Yakandu is talking about. I wouldn't call "as optimized" a bug, this kernel has always been just stock with a custom recovery and autoroot, which is pretty much what Doom's is as well, only the recovery is a bit buggy. So there's no optimisations as far as I know, the ICS kernel just wasn't as hacked together as the JB kernel.

So a better recovery would be very welcome, but an advanced stock JB kernel is already there.

Yep, thats what i'm talking about, sorry i didnt explain myself very good XD

But arakmar did some enhancements in the kernel with the ICS one i thought :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)