[REL] FroyoBeam: Gingerbread's screen on/off animation for Froyo | v001 | 27-05-11

Search This thread

doixanh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 23, 2011
News:

I managed to get the screen content into the texture. Everything seems good now :)

One bug left : animation works partially when screen timed out.

Reactions: HAKA and fifo171

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
Update

I found the reason why it was unable to play animation when timed out: CM6 dims the screen early before the animation starts. The animation is still played but at that time everything is too dark to see it.

I managed to prevent the screen from being dimmed. Everything seems good, but my modification caused a FC problem with brightness controller in Settings menu.

/edit: added a WIP clip at first post :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tojnas and fifo171

LeoMar75

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Apr 20, 2011
Pescara
Hi, good job you've got here!

As i am a developer (not an android developer) and i already know how to decompile/compile apk, modify things like xml, dex files, .9.png patch. Also i know the smali syntax and the object oriented programming. it would be much appreciated if you could give me some clues.

I really don't know where to start, and i have been looking everywhere for a while before to find you! My goal is to port the screen off animation in my LG Optimus 2x Froyo system.

Thanks in advance.

RaitR

Apr 25, 2011
/null
Good to know that someone is working em animations... would totally love em on my phone.
Keep up the good work and sorry for my pontless response :D just wanted to say tyvm.

miniterror

Feb 5, 2009
Will this work on any devies or only x8 when its ready?
And you also have the ambition to port the overscroll glow from gb?
Sorry if you consider this as wrong post

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

jellette

Sep 18, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't understand why you say you have to build the ROM yourself, does that mean you don't intend to release any source files?

If that is the case, like the OP already requested, can a mod close this thread and remove the [DEV] tag from the title?

This appears to be more of a "Coming Soon" thread.

Furthermore, I have yet to see you answer a single question that might take away your edge in being the first to accomplish the crt on Froyo - in this "dev" thread.

Last edited:

muzik_demon

Oct 21, 2010
I don't understand why you say you have to build the ROM yourself, does that mean you don't intend to release any source files?

If that is the case, like the OP already requested, can a mod close this thread and remove the [DEV] tag from the title?

Furthermore, I have yet to see you answer a single question that might take away your edge in being the first to accomplish the crt on Froyo - in this "dev" thread.

He already accomplished it as well as overscrolling glow
But he was unable to make to a package out of it that could be flashed in recovery therefore he shared his personal rom.
Check this thread - froyobread- in this forum
Ask him for sources there.
He should release the sources , he has for all other work.

Sent from my X8

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
Will this work on any devies or only x8 when its ready?
And you also have the ambition to port the overscroll glow from gb?
Sorry if you consider this as wrong post

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Yes and yes. It should work for any devices. EdgeGlow is in progress of testing. Kinda work, you can see the clip in my ROM's post.

Like the guy said above... will it work on my Samsung Galaxy S device with Froyo :)?

There is a high possibility for that, yes.

I have to build the ROM myself because I have to experiment with any source code modifications. And I had to do a lot of changes to the source. How can I test it without building one? Did you see that Google built 2.3.4 for Nexus first?

Releasing the source will be done when it's ready. I had to be sure that those code is acceptable for general use. You see that Google is still keeping Honeycomb closed source for development?

P.S. You should know that my GB animation's port is also being experimented in MiniCM6 1.0.1.

Last edited:

nobodyAtall

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2008
Malaysia, Cheras
Doixanh is doing some really hard code changes to make these modifications and he's correct not to release his sources until some bugs are squashed. Otherwise ppl will be complaining about this and that. For sure he'll make it work in the end and also share his code ;-)

Sent from my X10mini using XDA App

A

Aiduharan

U r making the x8 famous and that is great, congrats on being on xda news

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using XDA app.

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
U r making the x8 famous and that is great, congrats on being on xda news

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using XDA app.

Ah, that's why some devs complain about the source not being released.

It's a work-in-progress. Auto-brightness is not working. Screen off animation is not working with very low brightness settings. Users will accept that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Intro
    First of all, this is not a module :D

I'm trying to port Gingerbread's TV screen on/off animation to Froyo. Those f**ckin cool animations are the only reason for me to use GB!. I'm happy with Froyo, as everything works, and smoother feelings. :D

Progress
    - Screen on : Good.
    - Screen off : Good.
    - Animation when screen timed out : Good.

Release
    May 27th, FroyoBeam source is pushed to my github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features

Notice
    We (the X8 users) spent some time testing the animations in my FroyoBread, and it seems to be good. I modified CM6 source, so it may not compatible with some ROMs. If the compilation fails, check inside the published source and take the lines around "dx" to your ROM's source.

More notice
    0. This is a work-in-progress. I don't care that it's on xda-news or not. This is my attempt to satisfy my need (GB animations on Froyo). And I saw somebody saying it should be finished before being posted on xda-news. Did you fully read the news?
    This hasn’t been released yet, due to the developer wanting to make sure it works perfectly, and he has kindly asked that you do not ask when it will be released
    1. This mod should be compatible with most devices
    2. These animations cannot be packaged as an update.zip, because
    3. Lots of things are modified inside the CM6 source, not modding xml files and so on, and
    4. The "release" that I mentioned will be a source release, and is intended to be used by ROM builders.
    5. End-users will have to wait for their ROM builders to rebuild the ROM with patched source.
    6. My FroyoBread ROM is built with personal purpose, and for experimenting my source code modifications.

Enjoy, ROM builders and users :)
    Update:

At first I tried to make this as a lib to include into other ROMs, but it's impossible. I have to build a ROM myself. This development will be continued and updated in that post.

Mod, can you please close this thread. Thank you.
    A little update:

It seems that CM7 screen off animation inside libsurfaceflinger is called from PowerManagerService with a helper from JNI service in android server (com_android_server_PowerManagerService).

The call order is like this:
    - PowerManagerService calls off animation
    - PowerManagerService waits till the call finish
    - PowerManagerService fires a notification to lock the screen and turn off it.

I'm trying to mimic the calls like this...
    WTF guys? Don't spam this thread with something like "yeah I like that..."

Stop spamming until the topic doesn't contain [DEV]
    Source published to my github :) Check first post and enjoy :)