[ROOT] *UPDATED* RegawMOD Hero Rooter v3.0 | Updated - 04/03/12

Search This thread

eagles16

Mar 27, 2010
yeah i got it to work thanks,

i flashed the aosp rom, do you happen to know where i can pick up the gapps

ircsmith

Jan 7, 2010
i have 2.39.591.1 build version. I have down loaded RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.31.651.7_signed_release but this will not work with win 7. all I have access to is a Win7 machine right now. I do need to go to version 2.31.651.7 to get the one click for rooting my Hero correct? any work around to get 2.31 on my phone?

CTTKDKing

Awesome utility. We may be a little late to the game but last night I updated my little cousin's Sprint Hero to 2.1 for her and then rooted with this and flashed Hero Deck on it for her. I wish something like this was available the first time I rooted my Evo. Was the easiest root job I've ever done. Thanks for putting this together.

Reactions: regaw_leinad

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Awesome utility. We may be a little late to the game but last night I updated my little cousin's Sprint Hero to 2.1 for her and then rooted with this and flashed Hero Deck on it for her. I wish something like this was available the first time I rooted my Evo. Was the easiest root job I've ever done. Thanks for putting this together.

Thanks!

It still means a lot to me to hear something I made was useful to someone, no matter how long ago I made it :)

Reactions: waqasr

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Updated to version 2.0.0.1.

This should fix some problems!

This is a debug version as well, if you have any problems, post them along with the file "HeroRoot.log" this program creates on your desktop.

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
I am attempting to install the x86 version on a laptop running Windows XP Media Center 2005 32 bit and keep getting an error message. My laptop does have an AMD64 processor and the x64 version just states invalid win32 application. Any help would be great. I have never used this root method before.

Edit: Forgot to upload the Error Log, this is what it says:

Program Started
Form Load...
Checking For Drivers...
System - True
SystemX86 - True
Extracting Resources...
Starting AndroidController...
Disposing AndroidController...
Deleting Resources...
Form Closed...

Last edited:

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
There has always seemed to be a problem with windows XP. This rooter was built in VS2010 and was configured mainly for Windows 7. I'll look into it, I think I know where that problem came from

chiill

Sep 23, 2010
I'm trying to run the rooter on Win7-64bit with no luck. The app seems to hang right after the pop up warning not to unplug the phone. I then have to kill the process along with adb via taskmanager. Below is part of the log. The "Running Exploit..." line is written continuously until I kill the app.

Thanks for the app and help!

Program Started
Form Load...
Checking For Drivers...
System - True
SystemX86 - False
Extracting Resources...
Root Button Clicked...
Pushing Exploit...
Pushed Exploit...
Running Exploit...
Running Exploit...
Running Exploit...
Running Exploit...

touch_rules

Jun 26, 2008
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 and this is what I get:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length.

Log:

Program Started
Form Load...
Checking For Drivers...
System - True
SystemX86 - True
Extracting Resources...
Disposing AndroidController...
Deleting Resources...
Form Closed...

Thanks for your help.

ssconceptz

Oct 2, 2008
Texas
Ive heard this works for 2.32.651.2 and I just ran it and everything looks fine but I still have S-ON and the custom recovery didnt flash.

touch_rules

Jun 26, 2008
so how can I get s off then? unrevoked doesn't seem to work any more and I'm really having a hard time finding files. They all appear to have been removed from the servers. its quite frustrating. Can't find clockwork or amon ra recoveries. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    RegawMOD Hero Rooter provides easy rooting of the HTC CDMA Hero. Successful in rooting all builds up to 2.31.651.7
    If you have any problems while rooting, reboot your phone completely and try again.

What it does:
    • Gains root shell on Heroc using rageagainstthecage
    • Installs SuperUser and su binary
    • Flashes Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 recovery
    • Flashes my patched boot.img for 24/7 root in adb shell
    • Cleans up non-necessary files after run
    • Reboots to recovery and flashes S-OFF package by unrEVOked
    Usage:
    Unzip the .zip file to anywhere on your computer. Leave both "Hero Root.exe" and "AndroidLib.dll" in the folder together. Run the "Hero Root.exe" on your computer, then plug in your Hero. It will recognize that you plugged it in, and a big button the reads "ROOT ME" will appear. Press that button and watch as your phone is rooted in under 1 minute from start to finish.

Requirements:
    HTC Drivers installed (installed with HTC Sync)
    .NET 4.0 installed

Screenshots
    Screenshots

Changelog
    Version 3.0 | 04/03/12:

Download Latest Release
    Version 3.0 x86
    Version 3.0 x64

Download Info
    Version 3.0 x86 Zip MD5 - 32c4545a8f7aeccd571b8ba9f072b4f5
    Version 3.0 x64 Zip MD5 - dcff7e2cd0e59a896c6245dd8efe4dde

Source Code on GitHub
    RegawMOD Hero Rooter 3.0 is up! Go ahead and grab it while you can! Now has S-OFF integration!
    Updated first post. Now with screenshots! Ooooo, aaaaaahh!
    Hey guys,
    Sorry 'bout the long wait!! My contract on the sea was extended a few extra weeks... I'll be at my house tomorrow night, and will start on the new build of this. I'm surprised at how many downloads there have been! That's a good sign that people are getting a lot of use out of this. I will try hard to fix the Windows XP problem when I get back!
    Hey guys, I have a fully working new build of this rooter, built with my new .NET Android library I wrote, that now includes S-OFF. I am beta testing it with a few other selected testers that asked to test, then I will be posting it here.