FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,608 Vote(s)
64.01%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.43%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,928

Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2013, 02:03 PM |#11  
Moderator Committee Lead - Illuminati Confirmed
Flag Nusquam et ubique
Thanks Meter: 12,495

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewshiny

stupid newbie question: Is there any way to run fastboot without connecting the phone to a computer?

Device: HTC One V [CDMA]
Network: Virgin Mobile US

Goal: I want to be able to relock and unlock (which on my device is

Code:
fastboot flash unlocktoken <txt file>
) my phone without having to connect to a computer.

Motivation: I've already managed to near-brick my HTC One V twice, both due to HTC's silly OTA radio update (details here), and the only way I was able to fix it in either case was to use Solution #2 from the linked thread (although I didn't try solution #1, there is absolutely no way to do #1 without Windows, never mind without a computer). Since I've proved perfectly capable of soft-bricking without the intervention of a computer—although I don't think that will happen anymore as long as I remember not to use my two Nandroid backups with the newer radio—I would really like to be able to unbrick it without a computer in case I have to do it when I don't have a computer handy.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately there is no way to use fastboot with out a computer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark manning Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 02:42 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ROM "TheUltimatum"
Hi all at XDA, I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

This is my first post, and for annoying, yet understandable, reasons I am forced to pose my question here. (feels a bit like putting a message in a bottle...)

I have just installed The Ultimatum ROM (with Metro UI & swapall kernal options) on my Galaxy ace. I guess as I live in France my language setting was automatically set to French. After setting it to my preffered English, I noticed that in the app draw the language for certain apps remained in French!!! I had the same issue with this rom's previous incarnation "WP-Remix" however, after an updade to the Launcher8 app through play store, the problem was solved.

Whats weird is this: in this rom the Launcher8 app is not recognized by Google Play as being the Launcher8 app, and therefore, will NOT update. Is it a heavily modded version of launcher8? or is there a settings problem somwhere perhaps? Would repairing permissions, or something like that help play find the app, if so, by what method? Recoverey or Titanium? This ROM seems to have some quirks unique to it alone, and I would not want to fcuk somthin' up!

I hope this finds the right eyes, Any help would... well........help.

PS: Yes I know its not a huge problem, and yes I do speak French, its just annoying is all...
30th April 2013, 03:05 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning

Unfortunately there is no way to use fastboot with out a computer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Ok, was worth a shot. Thanks!
Bruce Wayne
30th April 2013, 03:28 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matamorph

Hi all at XDA, I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

This is my first post, and for annoying, yet understandable, reasons I am forced to pose my question here. (feels a bit like putting a message in a bottle...)

I have just installed The Ultimatum ROM (with Metro UI & swapall kernal options) on my Galaxy ace. I guess as I live in France my language setting was automatically set to French. After setting it to my preffered English, I noticed that in the app draw the language for certain apps remained in French!!! I had the same issue with this rom's previous incarnation "WP-Remix" however, after an updade to the Launcher8 app through play store, the problem was solved.

Whats weird is this: in this rom the Launcher8 app is not recognized by Google Play as being the Launcher8 app, and therefore, will NOT update. Is it a heavily modded version of launcher8? or is there a settings problem somwhere perhaps? Would repairing permissions, or something like that help play find the app, if so, by what method? Recoverey or Titanium? This ROM seems to have some quirks unique to it alone, and I would not want to fcuk somthin' up!

I hope this finds the right eyes, Any help would... well........help.

PS: Yes I know its not a huge problem, and yes I do speak French, its just annoying is all...

You can simply download the updated copy of the launcher8.apk from some other site. after that use any root exploring app like root explorer/es file maneger,( I hope you have root privilages on the rom you are using.) Just replace the old apk from /System/App folder of with updated one and set its permissions as (rw-r-r). You can also try fix permissions option from cwm recovery. Also you can find more help in your device's question and answers section.

You will be allowed to post in developement sections after you complete 10 posts. Make them helpful/cintributory to xda.

And you are most welcome here if you have any problems again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewshiny

Ok, was worth a shot. Thanks!

I appreciate, but don't post such posts. Use the button right away whenever you want to say thanks to someone.

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 05:03 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne

Can you go back into recovery mode? I don't have that device, so it would difficult for me to understand your situation completely. If you done a nandroid backup earlier, try to restore it (it was suggested by the op/bruno in that thread).
If not then try asking for help from bruno himself or other people in that thread, they can answer you in better way, because they might have passed from your situations earlier.

Also welcome to xda

Hi,

I can't post to the original thread - I don't have permission. I didn't do a backup because it said to do that if you didn't want to loose data and the phone is new and has no data. I tried holding the volume button and on button (is that recovery mode) and nothing happens.

What I don't understand is why the 'scatter file' appeared to be incomplete for the ROM (V3.1MOD (27-12-2012) ) and why the downloading stopped after the red bar.. I don't think I did anything wrong. Is there a problem with the scatter file, if so, there may be a lot of people wrecking their phones with this rom??

Still need help!
30th April 2013, 05:28 PM |#16  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Hii, I have a htc touch pro 2.
My device doesn't seem to charge properly, when the phone is powered on and in use or not in use, the phone's battery stays the same.
When the device is turned off, it takes like 2 or 3 hours sometimes to charge it 30 % .
I tried a different usb cable, I got the same result.
Do you think the problem is in the battery or the charging port ?

P.S.: I have been using my battery for almost 2 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karim Kahale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Karim Kahale Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 05:36 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malappuram, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,928

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Kahale

Hii, I have a htc touch pro 2.
My device doesn't seem to charge properly, when the phone is powered on and in use or not in use, the phone's battery stays the same.
When the device is turned off, it takes like 2 or 3 hours sometimes to charge it 30 % .
I tried a different usb cable, I got the same result.
Do you think the problem is in the battery or the charging port ?

P.S.: I have been using my battery for almost 2 years.

Its probably ur battery. Try using a new one. And check ur battery after removing it to see if its swollen.

And do u charge using a USB connection or by using a wall charger? Charging via USB is usually slower.

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortalneo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift immortalneo Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 05:40 PM |#18  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

Its probably ur battery. Try using a new one. And check ur battery after removing it to see if its swollen.

And do u charge using a USB connection or by using a wall charger? Charging via USB is usually slower.

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

THANKS, I will buy a new one.
I actually tried both : charging via USB and using my wall charger.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karim Kahale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Karim Kahale Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 06:14 PM |#19  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Question why phone Brick????
why phone Brick????
Bruce Wayne
30th April 2013, 06:21 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafeh94

why phone Brick????

What do you mean?
If you are asking reasons, then there are many, like kernel issues, improper flashing of files etc. Try to explain your query.

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
30th April 2013, 06:29 PM |#21  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Is there any risk in flashing rom from XDA using an xperia flash tool???
I really care about my phone and I don't want to lose It
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)