FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dammit Apple Galaxy Nexus Injunction Granted

7,998 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,698
 
By gunnyman, Senior Member on 29th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2012, 02:34 PM |#101  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36

no they would loose millions in revenue

Not millions. Bilions may be. 5 - 6% of their annual revenue comes from Apple. So, yeah, it is a big deal for them to keep Apple as a customer. There was a recent incident when a rumor floated in the S. Korean stock market that Apple is dropping Samsung from supplying memory for next gen devices and the stock tumbled 6% within hours. So, as Joe Biden puts it "It is a BFD".

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1per 117

Even more reasons to hate apple... And now they're basically saying that the Google search engine was their idea... A patent for "being able to search multiple sources through a single interface (Apple's Siri)"
Really?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It certainly wasn't google's idea. Those who are old enough have used other crappy search engines that existed before google. And, google isn't a saint of a search engine either. They paid Yahoo $2.2 billion (in stocks) when they IPO'd to settle the claim they stole adwords IP from Idealabs (later acquired by Overture which itself was acquired by Yahoo which then had 4% stake in Google). Nobody pays $2.2 billion to settle a lawsuit just because they have money. Where there is a smoke, there is a fire.
 
 
1st July 2012, 02:34 PM |#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
I also read somewhere that Steve jobs stole the hardware and software designs off another small company and marketed it as there own because it wasn't patented or marketed very well, can't remember where it was exactly see if anyone can find this... maybe if this was brought to light it would change a lot of peoples minds

Sent from my GT-I9000 running remICS-UX using XDA premium
1st July 2012, 02:36 PM |#103  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calum96

I also read somewhere that Steve jobs stole the hardware and software designs off another small company and marketed it as there own because it wasn't patented or marketed very well, can't remember where it was exactly see if anyone can find this... maybe if this was brought to light it would change a lot of peoples minds

Sent from my GT-I9000 running remICS-UX using XDA premium

Never start a rumor that can't be googled.
1st July 2012, 02:37 PM |#104  
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 610
 
More
Soon somebody will go to destroy Steve Job's grave for what Apple has done.
The Following User Says Thank You to mingkee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mingkee Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 02:40 PM |#105  
GR36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calum96

I also read somewhere that Steve jobs stole the hardware and software designs off another small company and marketed it as there own because it wasn't patented or marketed very well,

that is apples back bone... the lisa, mac os ....can anyone say PARC

apple have been offered a licience on android handsets and have refused. which goes to show it not reveue driven..... must have another agenda (i wonder what that is)
The Following User Says Thank You to GR36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GR36 Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 02:51 PM |#106  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Agreed on paper its not that big of a difference, but when you're holding a 2 in one hand and a 3 in the other, the difference feels substantial. Battery life I suppose is decent when you compare it to other tablets, but again side by side with the 2 it's just not as good. Every review on the net comments about battery life not being as good. Now if I never owned an iPad 2 I would probably think the 3 is great but there are times I wish I never sold my iPad 2. Pound for pound I still think it's the best tablet available.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I briefly tried iPad 3 before settling for low priced iPad 2. I found no difference physically - may be because I work out too much ...In all seriousness, it wasn't a big difference. I think those who like to read may find iPad 3 a better alternative. The screen looks just gorgeous and reading on it is absolutely easy on eyes. Having said that, not into gaming - so, never tried anything except stupid angry birds. I call it stupid because I absolutely adore that game.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36

that is apples back bone... the lisa, mac os ....can anyone say PARC

apple have been offered a licience on android handsets and have refused. which goes to show it not reveue driven..... must have another agenda (i wonder what that is)

This is one rumor that never dies in Android forums. Apple paid a million dollars to just take a look at Xerox PARC inventions and replicate whatever they could. Yes, it was not technology transfer or whatever. But, it was not stolen. They paid Xerox to let them see their inventions with full intent of commercialization. It is similar to paying a royalty to an inventor but instead of % of sales - an upfront lump sum.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanzach

I hope Tim Cook trips on an extension cord and breaks his nose while revealing the next iPhone. Isn't it bad enough they are limiting their own customers? Now they're stepping on our toes more and more since Steve died. Cook is an ass.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

That is exactly why he uses 'MagSafe' connector for his Macs. )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john_tillman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift john_tillman Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 02:54 PM |#107  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 647
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_tillman

It certainly wasn't google's idea. Those who are old enough have used other crappy search engines that existed before google. And, google isn't a saint of a search engine either. They paid Yahoo $2.2 billion (in stocks) when they IPO'd to settle the claim they stole adwords IP from Idealabs (later acquired by Overture which itself was acquired by Yahoo which then had 4% stake in Google). Nobody pays $2.2 billion to settle a lawsuit just because they have money. Where there is a smoke, there is a fire.

Oh, so how could it be an apple's idea then?
So basically you agree with us, apple does not deserve that siri patent at all.

Even the other alleged violations look like pretty ridiculous, here is an example:

http://www.androidcentral.com/apple-...ey-invented-it
The Following User Says Thank You to xdaid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2012, 02:59 PM |#108  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaid

Oh, so how could it be an apple's idea then?
So basically you agree with us, apple does not deserve that siri patent at all.

Even the other alleged violations look like pretty ridiculous, here is an example:

http://www.androidcentral.com/apple-...ey-invented-it

Yeah, and no one knows whose idea it was. But, that is the pity in our patent system. It is just like land grab in wild west in 18th century. Whoever laid the claim first, the patent becomes their. No wonder patent trolling is a $20 billion industry.
1st July 2012, 03:22 PM |#109  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_tillman

I briefly tried iPad 3 before settling for low priced iPad 2. I found no difference physically - may be because I work out too much ...In all seriousness, it wasn't a big difference. I think those who like to read may find iPad 3 a better alternative. The screen looks just gorgeous and reading on it is absolutely easy on eyes. Having said that, not into gaming - so, never tried anything except stupid angry birds. I call it stupid because I absolutely adore that game.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------


This is one rumor that never dies in Android forums. Apple paid a million dollars to just take a look at Xerox PARC inventions and replicate whatever they could. Yes, it was not technology transfer or whatever. But, it was not stolen. They paid Xerox to let them see their inventions with full intent of commercialization. It is similar to paying a royalty to an inventor but instead of % of sales - an upfront lump sum.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------


That is exactly why he uses 'MagSafe' connector for his Macs. )

Yes PARC I think that was it do you know of a link where we could read more about this? A reliable one?

Sent from my GT-I9000 running remICS-UX using XDA premium
1st July 2012, 03:55 PM |#110  
Senior Member
Flag Pontypridd
Thanks Meter: 248
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_tillman

I briefly tried iPad 3 before settling for low priced iPad 2. I found no difference physically - may be because I work out too much ...In all seriousness, it wasn't a big difference. I think those who like to read may find iPad 3 a better alternative. The screen looks just gorgeous and reading on it is absolutely easy on eyes. Having said that, not into gaming - so, never tried anything except stupid angry birds. I call it stupid because I absolutely adore that game.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------


This is one rumor that never dies in Android forums. Apple paid a million dollars to just take a look at Xerox PARC inventions and replicate whatever they could. Yes, it was not technology transfer or whatever. But, it was not stolen. They paid Xerox to let them see their inventions with full intent of commercialization. It is similar to paying a royalty to an inventor but instead of % of sales - an upfront lump sum.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------


That is exactly why he uses 'MagSafe' connector for his Macs. )

I'm afraid you're wrong. He did not pay Xerox, Xerox paid him the million for shares in his company.

http://m.newyorker.com/reporting/201..._fact_gladwell

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editi...bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk 2
1st July 2012, 04:18 PM |#111  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 647
 
More
Nothing was stolen from Xerox but all was copied from PARC.

Even if apple paid (or get paid) for the tour in the Xerox research labs in fact they shamelessly copied ALL that they saw and this was actually not intended to be.

Pretty curious how a company whose fortune is based off a copy now try to sue any other company for ideas that their selves (apple) copied from others (about the latest lawsuit, no original ideas in those four patents).

Next scenario will be apple suing each other for using wonderful innovations, taken from android, that iOS6 brought to us...

I'm NOT an apple hater but definitely i don't like how they behave nowadays.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdaid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes