[Q] I9100 battery?

Search This thread

damon20r

Jan 16, 2010
Greenwood, AR
Anyone know if the I9100 battery will fit the I777? I see a lot of sellers listing the battery working for both the AT&T I777 and the International I9100.

damon20r

Jan 16, 2010
Greenwood, AR
The dimensions for the i777 Samsung battery are 59x46x5 mm. I searched and couldn't find dimensions anywhere for the i9100 oem battery. Anyone with i9100 mind measuring the battery dimensions? I hate to order a bunch of stuff only to find it doesn't fit. I don't 100% trust the descriptions on most of the ebay stuff.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Do the I9100 batteries have 3 or 4 contacts? If only 3, they probably won't work, or might damage the additional spring clip in the phone for the 4th contact. (which, if the I9100 batteries only have 3 contacts, means the 4th is for NFC.)

damon20r

Jan 16, 2010
Greenwood, AR
Thanks guys, I think I will go ahead and order some i9100 batteries then. There are a lot more options available than for the i777 stuff right now.

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
Note that anything that includes an alternative battery door won't work. The battery doors ARE different.

God damn it. I want that 2,000 mAh battery that Samsung makes.

Why do they have to make the battery crappy just to say it's thinner than the iPhone. :mad:

Last edited:

anilkuj

Jul 25, 2007
jersey city
does it give you more power? or it's just labeling? also, will the stock back cover still fit?

I don't see 2000mah on ebay, just 1900mah for anker battery.

Not sure i have been using it for just 3 days now , i see i get 2-3 hours more on the anker batteries , but need to use it longer to confirm that.

it fits well with the stock battery cover.

sorry you are right the one i got was 1900mah too.

Reactions: speedking261

speedking261

Oct 3, 2011
Not sure i have been using it for just 3 days now , i see i get 2-3 hours more on the anker batteries , but need to use it longer to confirm that.

Keep us updated :)
For < $10 a 2-3hr boost is definitely worth it

apexi350z

May 19, 2010
Houston

thanks for the reply. so from your experience, if you unplug it around 8am and then wait until 8pm at night, do you know how much battery you have left? (normal usage)

thanks!

Shammyh

Aug 18, 2007
Boston, MA
Anyone know if the I9100 battery will fit the I777? I see a lot of sellers listing the battery working for both the AT&T I777 and the International I9100.

It MAY or MAY NOT fit, but I can tell you that the NFC antenna in the SGH-I777 (ATT GalaxyS 2) is embedded into the battery. So even if the battery contacts do match, at the very least you'll lose the ability to do NFC. And further, if Samsung messed with the voltages or signalling on the pins (which they might have done in order to get the NFC antenna hooked into the mainboard), you could potentially fry your phone. Instantly, or maybe even over time...

Until further work is done to figure out exactly what goes on what pin, and how it compares to the i9100, I wouldn't use an i9100 battery if I were you...

ExKreations

Oct 5, 2011
I got this battery with a dock charger and it works fine but when I plug it in to anything (computer/usb or power/usb) it freezes the phone and makes it cycle the battery charging/phone off symbol while the battery(?) makes a very quiet clicky sound. Not good. So I started charging it on the dock (came with a spare battery charging slot) and carrying it as an extra. It works fine, just don't charge your precious AT&T Galaxy S2 with it.
I did the shot at this angle so you could see the contacts, I saw some mention of it. My bad on the upside-down hah.

Attachments

• 20111005_170852.jpg
    20111005_170852.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

anilkuj

Jul 25, 2007
jersey city
I got this battery with a dock charger and it works fine but when I plug it in to anything (computer/usb or power/usb) it freezes the phone and makes it cycle the battery charging/phone off symbol while the battery(?) makes a very quiet clicky sound. Not good. So I started charging it on the dock (came with a spare battery charging slot) and carrying it as an extra. It works fine, just don't charge your precious AT&T Galaxy S2 with it.
I did the shot at this angle so you could see the contacts, I saw some mention of it. My bad on the upside-down hah.

thats true , any battery except the original battery doesn't seem to work with USB connected to PC .

Nicktuso

Mar 12, 2011
Tampa, FL
The people who actually bought a bigger battery off ebay, could you please post who the seller was? I see a few batteries for sale but I have been screwed before so that would be awesome if you could post who the seller was that you bought from. I'd love to have two extra batteries on hand. Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me help you guys out here. I ordered 3 international gs2 batteries 2 months ago in preparation for this phone and they work just fine in the att version. the dimensions are exactly the same and everything has been just peachy. :)
    Note that anything that includes an alternative battery door won't work. The battery doors ARE different.
    does it give you more power? or it's just labeling? also, will the stock back cover still fit?

I don't see 2000mah on ebay, just 1900mah for anker battery.