ATRIX 2 Bluetooth Gamepad?

Search This thread

Preggy

Reactions: Apex

RowanOak

Mar 18, 2012
Wiimotes use Bluetooth for the buttons and pad. The the "attitude" of the controller is reported that way too. The actual positioning is via infrared...though interestingly enough, the sensor is in the remote, and the LEDs are in the "sensor bar" and that is reported back by Bluetooth as well.

Oh, right. Do you need a dongle. Nope, shouldn't. Haven't tried it myself though.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Edit: Whoops, meant to make it clear that this is an "as far as I can remember" thing...its been a while since I looked at it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Apex
Wiimotes use Bluetooth for the buttons and pad. The the "attitude" of the controller is reported that way too. The actual positioning is via infrared...though interestingly enough, the sensor is in the remote, and the LEDs are in the "sensor bar" and that is reported back by Bluetooth as well.

Oh, right. Do you need a dongle. Nope, shouldn't. Haven't tried it myself though.

Edit: Whoops, meant to make it clear that this is an "as far as I can remember" thing...its been a while since I looked at it!

I may (if I get a chance) test this out tonight... I'll let y'all know! :cool:

Preggy

Yes, that's exactly how it works and you do NOT need any additional hardware. The app I linked to earlier has some simple and straightforward instructions that you can't miss, simply put the wiimote into "connect-mode" by pressing 1&2 simultaneously and then let the app search for it.

Yes, that's exactly how it works and you do NOT need any additional hardware. The app I linked to earlier has some simple and straightforward instructions that you can't miss, simply put the wiimote into "connect-mode" by pressing 1&2 simultaneously and then let the app search for it.

Schweet. I'm going to try it out tonight!

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ps3 dualshock works fine..
    There is an app called Wiimote Controller (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccpcreations.android.WiiUseAndroid&hl=en) that can be used to establish a connection to the Wiimote over bluetooth and add an Input Method that puts out the Wiimote button presses which can then be assinged in certain emulators... However this method might be problematic with games in general that don't have customisable controls...
    +1 on the ps3 contoller. Is the best

Noted. I've never used an xBox controller, but I am familiar with the PS3 game pads -plus, I think the layout and feel is way better... but that's just my opinion! :D
    Xbox controllers ARE NOT bluetooth. They are infrared.

Figures... GO MICROSOFT! lol :p