Poor TF700 app support: Nexus 10 era

Search This thread

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
Just a quick update, the game is again available for us to download and enjoy and yes portrait mode is still broken but they are going to fix it.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Thats awesome for them to do that. Hopefully not too many will complain with it not working in potrait mode. I think most dev would rather not make it available than get negative feedback for an app that may not work 100%. And too bad Gameloft or EA wont do the same. So in the end though it was the developer that was able to put it back on the play store? So does it this go back to the dev or google?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
Thats awesome they did that. Hopefully not too many will complain with it not working in potrait mode. I think most dev would rather not make it available than get negative feedback for an app that may not work 100%. And too bad Gameloft or EA wont do the same. So in the end though it was the developer that was able to put it back on the play store? So does it this go back to the dev or google?

First I contacted Google play, explained the game was fine before latest update, they gave me a refund for all the tables i had purchased. She looked and saw our tablet was black listed. I then contacted Zen, a person by the name Mel contacted me almost immediately and appologized, said they would fix that, and sure as **** they did within 3 hours of first email.

Oh BTW, need for speed most wanted is now compatible with our infinitude and its. 99.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Oh BTW, need for speed most wanted is now compatible with our infinitude and its. 99.

Oh nice...i had to side load it previously since it wasnt available yet but it played somewhat in slow motion. Is it the same still?

Last edited:

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
Oh nice...i had to side load it previously since it wasnt available yet but it played somewhat in slow motion. Is it the same still?

No, it is actually running really smooth and fast. I play it on power save mode, every once in awhile I might get a small lag for a second, but otherwise it's running great. As far as the game itself, I find the physics to suck, car sticks to the road too well and taking down a cop is easy. From my understanding they made a tablet version ( I don't see 2 versions when searching the play store). I just wish EA would fix all their games to work, at least we have this one, it must not be selling to well and they are forced to make it compatible to all devices to get sales up.

Reactions: aznmode

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
No, it is actually running really smooth and fast. I play it on power save mode, every once in awhile I might get a small lag for a second, but otherwise it's running great. As far as the game itself, I find the physics to suck, car sticks to the road too well and taking down a cop is easy. From my understanding they made a tablet version ( I don't see 2 versions when searching the play store). I just wish EA would fix all their games to work, at least we have this one, it must not be selling to well and they are forced to make it compatible to all devices to get sales up.

Thanks. I was using one of the moded ones here but going to update to the one from the market.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

hiphoplegend

Nov 7, 2012
Updates?

So the Nexus 10 has been out for a while now, has there been any improvements over app compatibility? Is the Nexus 10 compatible with games that aren't compatible with the TF700?
Developers for games aren't doing a good enough job in my opinion, surely doing app rescaling isn't too difficult?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
So the Nexus 10 has been out for a while now, has there been any improvements over app compatibility? Is the Nexus 10 compatible with games that aren't compatible with the TF700?
Developers for games aren't doing a good enough job in my opinion, surely doing app rescaling isn't too difficult?

There are way more compatible gameloft games on n10. Probably all of them last I checked before I returned mine (bad light bleed). Glu games were all available and so were EA games. The n10 will be more future proof when it comes to gaming just like how the n7 is since it's googles babies.

These are games I had on my n10
Nova 3
Asphalt 7
Modern combat 3, and 4
Dark Knight
Zombie wood
Mass Effect 3
NBA jam (i think)
NFS most wanted

TF700 I'm afraid will just be left in the dust IMO. Just waiting for CES to see what new tablets are coming out. I really want a keyboard dock. My last resort if I dont like any of the new ones I'll go back to the n10.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I'm actually starting to wonder if device companies have to pay the big developers to make their device compatible.

Evidently the Google devices would work, because if EA and Ubi demand payment from Google, Google simply won't feature the app on the Play Store. But the others... It makes sense.

Seeing as how the N10's resolution is higher than the TF700's, and the game also works on a N7 which has a tegra 3. The files for the hardware and resolution are there, there's no reason for it not to work....

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I'm actually starting to wonder if device companies have to pay the big developers to make their device compatible.

Evidently the Google devices would work, because if EA and Ubi demand payment from Google, Google simply won't feature the app on the Play Store. But the others... It makes sense.

Seeing as how the N10's resolution is higher than the TF700's, and the game also works on a N7 which has a tegra 3. The files for the hardware and resolution are there, there's no reason for it not to work....

I think its laziness on the developer to follow Google's guidelines in making the app. I forget where I read it but if apps were developed correctly it should work on other devices as it will upscale or downscale depending on the screen resolution.

If you look at glu games majority of their games are available on all devices..even on ours.

Reactions: johnlgalt

hiphoplegend

Nov 7, 2012
So it seems that many months on app support is still just as poor as before. I have recently emailed EA to see why the simpsons tapped out wasn't working, but i have had no reply yet.
It really must be due to lazy developers. Is there anything we can do (aside from buying a different tablet)? It makes no sense that, for example, TF700 currently has 5 compatible games from EA and my galaxy s has 12. Obviously in the eyes of the developer old devices are better?

Thoughts?

Obviously in the eyes of the developer old devices are better?

Thoughts?

No, but most devs, and in particularly EA and Gameloft/Ubisoft, are too lazy to re-create their textures at a higher screen resolution. That is the only reason for the incompatibility: the TF700 has a screen res that's almost twice that of the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S.

hiphoplegend

Nov 7, 2012
No, but most devs, and in particularly EA and Gameloft/Ubisoft, are too lazy to re-create their textures at a higher screen resolution. That is the only reason for the incompatibility: the TF700 has a screen res that's almost twice that of the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S.

Exactly, they are lazy.
I havent received a reply from EA in regards to this game, despite me emailing them 4 times now. It looks as if it's hopeless now?

Exactly, they are lazy.
I havent received a reply from EA in regards to this game, despite me emailing them 4 times now. It looks as if it's hopeless now?

Give it a year. The new SGS4 is going to have a 1920x1080 screen, and I imagine the Galaxy Tab 3 is expected to sport a resolution bigger than ours (2560x1600). Once Samsung's main line starts asking for apps to have that resolution, EA will have no choice.

vashtriplesix

Feb 13, 2013
tucson
irritated

I am very very irritated with Gameloft considering I paid for wildblood and had high hopes for it and a few other games especially since I got the tf700t with its o so great super IPS screen. whole lot of good its doing me now that I can't play at least five games I ether loved or was hoping to love lol, I.e wild blood, Simpsons, asphalt 8 and that mmorpg chaos something and one more can't remember that one to angry lol, no but seriously can someone help me to maybe get some of these games on my tablet. how about this side loading games exactly how do I go about doing this. I have rooted two tabs and a phone so I'm not completely incompetent lol, but I have limited time on a comp so I have to do it quickly and efficiently I'd really love to get the games listed above onto my tf700t someone please help? Owe yes and maybe its just because of my tf but is mass effect an actual playable game on the market like full game status because if so I want it lol just have not seen it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I side loaded most of my gameloft games that's not available on the market and they work fine. Some games however will have smaller menu screens or smaller on screen buttons. An example is wild blood. Come to think of it's that the only one I recall right now. EA games however, you get a server error when games open. With the exception of NFS Most Wanted. It can open but plays slow. Like playing in slow motion. Theres a mod to make it faster though. Glu games are all available. Most other apps are too.

On nexus 10 almost all the games for gameloft, EA are available from the market and all work without issues. Once exception is wild blood is not available but can be side loaded but buttons are even smaller and menus are blank. So really not playable. Most other apps are available too.

It maybe a matter of not being able to test their apps so they dont make it in the compatibility list? But it does suck that tf700 out of the box is not supported by most. Seems like its the misfit of all the devices due to its unique screen resolution.
    When you launch the game it needs to download additional files, when you click to do so you get error 5002, I called EA about it and they never called back, just look at the reviews for the game filter to tf700 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

That's a resolution-not-found error.

Basically, it means the installer can't find the files related to the device's resolution. (Evidently, as they don't exist.) You can call them until hell freezes over, it's not going to be resolved.

There's only one way around that, and that is to download and install the SDdata manually. There's plenty of sites that offer them. I don't think it counts as illegal to manually download the data if you already paid for the .apk in the playstore.
    I wouldnt necessarily blame google though. They have set of guidelines that if followed, apps should upscale correctly to fit larger resolution screen. Devs are just lazy and unfortunately some of them don't support tf700.

I do blame google, they allow the apps on the market without trying to hold the devs accountable to following the rules. why have guidelines if they aren't going to be enforced in any fashion. Sure, our devices were the first to hit the 1080p resolution in the Android market, but **** none of the big players are interested in supporting it. Even if they say they support it they really don't. As an example, you can buy need for speed for the infinity, it says it's compatible in the market, you can download the base files, but your f'd trying to download the additional files needed to play. ow whos fault is that? Google for allowing it to happen or EA for even allowing the base file to be downloaded? In this case, it's both parties, but when it comes to overall compatibility it's on googles shoulders for not enforcing some sort penalty.

It really doesn't matter what I think, they got my money and I'll make sure I don't fall in the shame on me catagory.

Oh and the Zen pinball not compatible issue, they turned it back on for the tf700 after I had a nice conversation with them about it not working. I will cut and paste my emails and their responses. BTW it all happened in a 30-45 minute window.

This is how devs should respond to issues with their apps.

This is me emailing them about the problem with Zen Pinball after the latest update.

"Hi,

I am a little more than frustrated with your company right now. I had this game running perfectly fine before the latest update, which broke portrait mode, so I figured I would un-install it then re-install it to see if that would fix the issue. Low and behold my device is NOW INCOMPATIBLE, which is a crock of you know what, it worked great before this last update. My device is a tegra 3 device, this game is marketed as a tegra 3 game with enhanced visuals, my daughters FUHU NABI 2 is compatible, a friggin kids tablet is compatible but my $600 Infinity isn't? Pleae send me the old apk so I can play one of my favorite games again.

Thank You".

Their response,

"Hi Cris,

Thank you for your email. We are aware of the issue with portrait mode, and will be issuing a fix shortly.

I am not sure why your device is now listed as incompatible, but I will look into this right away.

These updates are tricky, there always seems to be issues that we could not test for, or weird settings that we need to look at in the Google Store."

My response back,

"I appreciate your timely response to this problem, I contacted google play and they looked on the blacklist and the infinity is listed on that, just an FYI. Once this issue is resolved can you please email me and let me know because it really was my favorite game on the market.

Thank You."

And their response,

"We are turning the device back on momentarily. Portrait mode will not work yet, but should work soon as well. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Talk about easy, I mean they gave personal responses, not canned, looked into the problem and made available again in less then an hour. This is great customer service and in turn make me want to buy more of their games.

Edit:

More information from Zen Studios

Hi Cris,

The device was turned on about an hour ago, but could take up to an hour longer to reinstate. Please let me know if things continue to not work for you a few hours from now.

I think its laziness on the developer to follow Google's guidelines in making the app. I forget where I read it but if apps were developed correctly it should work on other devices as it will upscale or downscale depending on the screen resolution.

If you look at glu games majority of their games are available on all devices..even on ours.