Locked or unlockable? Please post your info

Search This thread

friartuckme

Dec 15, 2008
cheshire
Did anyone tried to flash EURO 10a, maybe not all .kdz have this string included???
I will try now to flash EURO 10h with UpTestEX_mod2_marwin - CS_EMERGENCY and will report in few minutes...
I noticed one thing: While I flash new kdz in the end it goes from iParam 95 (few times) and jumps to 100 and than 0 - reboot???
So EURO 10h is a no go, wont boot after flash...now 10a...

when i had 10H on my phone it said it was the euro open but with v20a its stating gbr

AW: Locked or unlockable? Please post your info

1: ASWSBK (response from ur url with my imei) but box says ADEUBK
2: 232 05, EUR-XXX
3: yes
4: SWS BLACK BLACK

well unlocking the bootloader first didnt work with adb reboot-bootloader and fastboot oem unlock. always blackscreen. but then i were booted to android and wanted to follow dexters tutorial to unlock and install recovery. so i just typed adb reboot-bootloader and the bootloader unlocked itself without typing fastboot oem unlock. don't know how I triggered it but fastboot oem unlock did not the unlock.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 2

gtdaniel

Jul 2, 2008
Targu-Jiu
1. - AGRCBK - V10h_00
2. - EUR-XXX - LG880AT-00-V20a-EUR-XXX-MAR-04-2013
3. - YES - Bootloader is unlocked
4. - GRK BLACK

I start from device with V10h, i make upgrade to v20a, i rooted by <Enter_The_Love> instructions, after i unlock bootloader by <Dexter_nlb> instructions and after that i install ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 + unsecure images for v20 by <Dexter_nlb> instructions.
All operation was ok, no error at all and now i have a device with JB v4.1.2., bootloader unlocked and custom recovery waiting for customs roms.
Many thanks to all implicates in FREEDOM our O4X.

future81

Jan 28, 2013
1. - AGRCBK - V10h_00
2. - EUR-XXX - LG880AT-00-V20a-EUR-XXX-MAR-04-2013
3. - YES - Bootloader is unlocked
4. - GRK BLACK

I start from device with V10h, i make upgrade to v20a, i rooted by <Enter_The_Love> instructions, after i unlock bootloader by <Dexter_nlb> instructions and after that i install ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 + unsecure images for v20 by <Dexter_nlb> instructions.
All operation was ok, no error at all and now i have a device with JB v4.1.2., bootloader unlocked and custom recovery waiting for customs roms.
Many thanks to all implicates in FREEDOM our O4X.

u didn't downgrade? and what v10h u had OTA GRC one? or EUR open with kdz update method

maybe others need to do 2 downgrades - with lg flash tool to 10h and if it didnt change to Eur-XXX use normal kdz update with version 10h (it might be problem of lg flashtool

Last edited:

gtdaniel

Jul 2, 2008
Targu-Jiu
u didn't downgrade? and what v10h u had OTA 234 GB one? or EUR open with kdz update method

maybe others need to do 2 downgrade - with lg flash tool to 10h and if it didnt change to Eur-XXX use normal kdz update with version 10h (it might be problem of lg flashtool

No, i didn't downgrade.
I have at start v10h stock - LGP880/AGRCBK/V10h_00/V10H_00.kdz

future81

Jan 28, 2013
1. ASWSWH
2. 232-10
3. no
4. SWS WHITE

1.AHASBK
2.p88020a-232-10
3.no
4.HAS Black Black

1: ASWSBK (response from ur url with my imei) but box says ADEUBK
2: 232 05, EUR-XXX
3: yes
4: SWS BLACK BLACK

well unlocking the bootloader first didnt work with adb reboot-bootloader and fastboot oem unlock. always blackscreen. but then i were booted to android and wanted to follow dexters tutorial to unlock and install recovery. so i just typed adb reboot-bootloader and the bootloader unlocked itself without typing fastboot oem unlock. don't know how I triggered it but fastboot oem unlock did not the unlock.

2 phones from Switzerland difference 232-05 unlockable and 232-10 cant be unlocked?
the third from Austria AHASBK but same 232-10 and cant be unlocked, i think maybe GBR and Germany and some other countries must use other unleaked software on GBR Server not this one - if the leaked one came from Germany link

roesti91

Mar 8, 2012
2 phones from Switzerland difference 232-05 unlockable and 232-10 cant be unlocked?
the third from Austria AHASBK but same 232-10 and cant be unlocked, i think maybe GBR and Germany and some other countries must use other unleaked software on GBR Server not this one - if the leaked one came from Germany link

All you need to do is make a "TRUE" EUR-XXX out of the 232-000 (and 232-alike), BEFORE you can unlock. But that probably requires more than the EUR-XXX/NEU firmwares. Maybe its a setting which is not normally flashed, even in ermergency mode. Or one which cannot be changed by a flash at all. (like the IMEI) :crying:

LamerDuck

Feb 18, 2013
Mainz
here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38900793&postcount=225 this version seems unlockablenot sure he put eur 10h open 1st or not

no, does not work this way, i tried it.

but here someone explains how to change the IMEI.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38920820&postcount=268

so you could try
1. change IMEI
2. flash 20a
3. change IMEI back

ofc this will only work if its really related to the IMEI thats stored at the place, where this command changes it.
but its worth a try i guess

JustChris20

Apr 7, 2011
Xiaomi 11T Pro
AW: Locked or unlockable? Please post your info

sorry I have to tell you nope - I had Custo Nexus updated to v20 -> downgrade to v10h euro open for root -> update to v20 -> kept root -> unlocked bootloader and installed CWM!!!

(all stock firmwares which I had before where euro open)

1. CustoNexus 0.99
2. v20 eur-xxx
3. yes

I don't got that think with csmg.lgmobile.com and the IMEI and I also don't know the label (where do i find?) but my phone is unlocked! v20 eur-xxx

Please tell us exactly what flashtools and firmware (dlls) you use for upgrading to 20A, Downgrading to 10h [root] and again upgrading to 20A. I think this is the problem we use different flash methods. Thanks.

Last edited:

future81

Jan 28, 2013
no, does not work this way, i tried it.

but here someone explains how to change the IMEI.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38920820&postcount=268

so you could try
1. change IMEI
2. flash 20a
3. change IMEI back

ofc this will only work if its really related to the IMEI thats stored at the place, where this command changes it.
but its worth a try i guess

i know u tried downgrade but because only lg flash tool can be used to downgrade , i thought u might try use kdz update to EUR open 10h after downgrade- maybe lg flash tool don't make it in perfect way - and i think u might try factory reset while on 10h too b4 upgrading and then upgrade with kdz update

roesti91

Mar 8, 2012
i know u tried downgrade but because only lg flash tool can be used to downgrade , i thought u might try use kdz update to EUR open 10h after downgrade- maybe lg flash tool don't make it in perfect way - and i think u might try factory reset while on 10h too b4 upgrading and then upgrade with kdz update

How about 1. LGflash downgrade to 10a EUR-XXX 2. KDZ reflash to same 10a EUR-XXX 3. Check if you Factory version has changed from 232-000 to EUR-XXX in the hidden menu on 10a? If true, upgrade from there to 20a ...

Can one flash the firmware from Poland (v10a) which also will let you unlock? There is tons of other country firmwares which will allow for unlock, there are all different sizes, maybe one of them will also reset the "Factory Version" to their correct country code?

LamerDuck

Feb 18, 2013
Mainz
Please tell us exactly what flashtools and firmware (dlls) you use for upgrading to 20A, Downgrading to 10h [root] and again upgrading to 20A. I think this is the problem we use different flash methods. Thanks.

i used -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179126 (Rollback to 4.0.3) for downgrading
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2134192 (kdz updater) for upgrading

the firmware i used was the baidu-firmware, 631937294 bytes.

but as you can see in this thread, the flash method and firmware has no effect on the outcome.
it depends only on the installed firmware, and this relates to the IMEI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UPDATE]
    Finally: the Bootloader unlock exploit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2245836 (every version)
    1. Download and extract this attached zip-file for easy unlocking, if you are on 20a: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40011764&postcount=1
    2. activate USB debugging, connect phone to usb, doubleclick BL_unlock_edited.bat, wait and only press "enter" until everything is done.
    3. boot phone, dial 3845#*880# -> check bootloader unlock
    CONFIRMED WORKING!

and thanks for the effort everyone!
    (if you are stuck on the fastboot-step, you probably need to install the fastboot drivers. instructions for that are at the bottom of this post)

Old post:
    Well, at the moment it seems like only phones with the 20a firmware version EUR-XXX are able to get their bootloader unlocked.
    The problem: Some phones won't flash to EUR-XXX, it _seems_ IMEI (or provider/carrier) dependent, to which firmware your phone flashs.

Until now (March, 20th, 2013) there are serveral confirmed unlockings of a model from the "unlockable" list by people living in unlockable countries/using unlockable carriers, but this can be IMEI related, too.

[UNLOCKABLE LIST]
    So far:
    unlockable: (Model taken from URL+IMEI output, see 1.)
    ANEUWH
    ATHABK
    APOLBK
    ACWTBK
    ACWTWH
    ASTLWH
    ASWSBK
    ABALBK
    AGRCBK
    AAREBK
    ASEABK
    ASEAWH
    AITABK
    AHKGBK
    AFRABK
    ANLDBK
    ATCIBK
    APRTWH
    AHKGBK
    6BRABK
    ATURBK

not unlockable::
    ADEUWH (flashes to 262-000) (some people with ADEUBK on german carriers o2 and telekom were able to unlock, but maybe IMEI related)
    ADEUBK (flashes to 262-000)
    AHUNBK (flashes to 218-05) (one confirmed unlock of a phone to EUR-XXX registered in Croatia)
    AGBRBK (flashes to 234-000)
    ASWSWH (flashes to 232-10) (one confirmed unlocking by LGaljo, who lives in slovenia)
    AHASBK (flashes to 232-10)
    ATMDBK (flashes to 262-01)
    ACLPBK (flashes to 233-00)
    6VIVBK (flashes to 724-06)
    APRTBK (flashes to 268-01)

[PLEASE POST YOUR INFO]
    To confirm this and to gather info for the developers, please post this data about your phones:

1. Firmware version before flash:
    2. Firmware version after flash:
    3. unlocked:
    4. Label:
    5. Carrier:

you get the info to 1: go to URL http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=IMEI, klick on the link (copy&paste will not work because "..."), append your IMEI after the =. Firmware version is the string after "LGP880"
    you get the info to 2: system settings -> phone info -> software information -> software version
    you get the info to 3: dial 3845#*880# -> check bootloader unlock
    you get the info to 4: Its printed at the back of your phone's box
    you get the info to 5: your mobile service provider's name and country. something like orange, telekom, vodafone, etc.

I'll start with

1. ADEUWH
    2. 262-000
    3. no
    4. DEU WHITE WHITE
    5. Simyo/germany

:cowboy:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    [UPDATE] LG said, the official firmware (in this case for 262-000) will be unlockable: click
    In another mail LG support mentioned that unlocking is IMEI dependent: click

[LG SECURITY: denied]
    If you get "security error: denied" after adb reboot-bootloader, you have to install fastboot drivers when your phone has rebooted and the LG logo is showing.
    you should see a device "fastboot" with a yellow triangle in windows' hardware manager, this triangle needs a fix.
    How-To for fastboot drivers is here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40033213&postcount=32
    fastboot drivers are attached to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38953792&postcount=17
    BEWARE: MANY PEOPLE DO IT WRONG!
    -> You have to install the drivers with the option "search on my computer for drivers", if you dont do this, the old (not working) drivers will be installed over and over again!

Unlocking and rooting Legend
    1. Update to JB 4.1.2 (LG PC Suite): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2134192 [by postacik]
    2: Rooting 4.1.2 (easy method): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2180688 [by Enter_The_Love]
    3. Bootloader unlock exploit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2245415 by laufendersteppenwolf and Derjan23
    4. Downgrade to 4.0.3 (LG FlashTool): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179126 [by SnXo]
    also big thx to Skydev for finding root, dexter_nlb for sharing his knowledge, kholk for the first real mod, and many others
    adeubk unlock

Probably your battery get charged.

This could be, as the battery was not fully charged when i started...
    But then ADEUBK ist unlockable or not?

One question. Did you on previous attempts got red letters lge security...when you tried to unlock???

Yeah i got the red letter lge security warning many times before. But then suddenly it worked. Could have been because of full charged battery or newer adb version.

adb ist delivered via the Android SDK Tools. You can download it directly from Google over the SDK Manager.exe:
    Code:
    developer.android.com/sdk/
    Or maybe you just use the zip attached.

Can someone test with different adb versions?
    Code - Country / Provider
    ACZEBK - CZE / CZECH
    ADEUBK - DEU / GERMANY
    ADEUWH - DEU / GERMANY
    AESPBK - ESP / SPAIN
    AFRABK - FRA / FRA (FRANCE)
    AGBRBK - GBR / UNITED KINGDOM
    AGBRWH - GBR / UNITED KINGDOM
    AGRCBK - GRC / GREECE
    AGRCWH - GRC / GREECE
    AHASBK - HAS / HUTCHISON (AUSTRIA)
    AHASWH - HAS / HUTCHISON (AUSTRIA)