[Q] Anyone else had to soft reset their device?

Search This thread

Pesetio

May 7, 2014
Did you manage to sort it out? No I'm using the standard charger provided but after charging it last night, the estimation of battery time in stamina mode has come down significantly. The estimation assumes stamina mode is not on but it is turned on in my notification bar. This time yesterday the estimate was at ~5 days.

Are you on a stock, as in not rooted?

The freezing happened to me when I was on stock, but since I rooted and running a custom ROM, I don't have this problem. I never had this problem when I was on stock either, only when I was on stock and used a magnetic charging cable. I think because I might have put the magnetic plug the wrong way around the first time (doesn't really fit though since the left and right plugs are different).

About the stamina mode, check your battery usage and see what is eating up all that battery.

If you're still on stock, maybe root and install custom ROM which might fix the issue.

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
Are you on a stock, as in not rooted?

The freezing happened to me when I was on stock, but since I rooted and running a custom ROM, I don't have this problem. I never had this problem when I was on stock either, only when I was on stock and used a magnetic charging cable. I think because I might have put the magnetic plug the wrong way around the first time (doesn't really fit though since the left and right plugs are different).

About the stamina mode, check your battery usage and see what is eating up all that battery.

If you're still on stock, maybe root and install custom ROM which might fix the issue.

Ohh I see! I was planning to buy the dock for it. Think it's worth it? As for root, no I'm bone stock at the moment but I don't want to root and flash anything simply because I don't want to lose any DRM keys. I am planning to use the phone as is until it is available everywhere (so about a month or so?) and has a bit more support in terms of development. I'm sure this is a software issue I can't see it being anything else but hopefully the .402 update sorts it out!

Pesetio

May 7, 2014
Ohh I see! I was planning to buy the dock for it. Think it's worth it? As for root, no I'm bone stock at the moment but I don't want to root and flash anything simply because I don't want to lose any DRM keys. I am planning to use the phone as is until it is available everywhere (so about a month or so?) and has a bit more support in terms of development. I'm sure this is a software issue I can't see it being anything else but hopefully the .402 update sorts it out!

Yeah, you should definitely get the dock, you can't put it in the wrong way :) Also the magnetic charger causing my problem could have just been pure coincidence.

I think the .402 update will fix your issues and the camera start up time is extremely quick.

Reactions: Devzz

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, you should definitely get the dock, you can't put it in the wrong way :) Also the magnetic charger causing my problem could have just been pure coincidence.

I think the .402 update will fix your issues and the camera start up time is extremely quick.

Thanks! I'll definitely be ordering it today then :) yeah I'm hopeful the update will fix it although knowing my luck probably not haha :p we'll see when it starts to roll out here :) thanks again for your help!

HOmERCIdAL

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks! I'll definitely be ordering it today then :) yeah I'm hopeful the update will fix it although knowing my luck probably not haha :p we'll see when it starts to roll out here :) thanks again for your help!

I have been having the exact same issue since yesterday. Working fine then won't awake from sleep. The only way to wake it is to press power and volume up until it vibrates 3 times then press power on.

Can't see how charging has anything to do with it and sounds merely like a coincidence.

The battery stats are alarming though. At 84% yesterday I had to restart it. On inspection of the battery stats it showed 84% but estimated the phone only had 6 hours left of charge. I have the screenshot saved and can upload it if people wish to see.

I'm am currently running stock three UK software with the bloatware un-installed.

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
I have been having the exact same issue since yesterday. Working fine then won't awake from sleep. The only way to wake it is to press power and volume up until it vibrates 3 times then press power on.

Can't see how charging has anything to do with it and sounds merely like a coincidence.

The battery stats are alarming though. At 84% yesterday I had to restart it. On inspection of the battery stats it showed 84% but estimated the phone only had 6 hours left of charge. I have the screenshot saved and can upload it if people wish to see.

I'm am currently running stock three UK software with the bloatware un-installed.

Thanks for posting, glad we are not the only ones with these issues. I think its a firmware issue and hope the 402 firmware fixes it but until then apparently there's not a whole lot we can do!

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
@shaf46

Hey Shaf, sorry to bother you mate. I just don't understand what is wrong with this phone! My estimated time on with stamina mode is down to 1 day a few hours again. It is a brand new phone I only got it yesterday. Is it the way I am charging it or is it just buggy software? I don't have any apps I don't need and even tap to wake is off. The battery works normally I guess although it is draining a bit fast (5% in 20 minutes while using it) but I don't understand what could be causing this to happen!

hey my friend, don't say that, you are not bothering me, im happy to hear about you :)
Listen brah , don't use this stamina mode thingy, use
install this : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en
And set your brightness to automatic then if its same calibrate it by charging it to 90% then discharge it to 40 % and charge it till 90 %
Then switch the device for 4-5 hours, and use it

"To get the most out of a lithium-ion battery, you should try to keep it north of 50 percent as much as possible. For the most part going from all the way full to all the way empty won't help; in fact, it'll do a little damage if you do it too often. That said, it's smart to do one full discharge about once a month for "calibration," but don't do it all the time. Running the whole gamut on a regular basis won't make your battery explode or anything, but it will shorten its lifespan."

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
hey my friend, don't say that, you are not bothering me, im happy to hear about you :)
Listen brah , don't use this stamina mode thingy, use
install this : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en
And set your brightness to automatic then if its same calibrate it by charging it to 90% then discharge it to 40 % and charge it till 90 %
Then switch the device for 4-5 hours, and use it

"To get the most out of a lithium-ion battery, you should try to keep it north of 50 percent as much as possible. For the most part going from all the way full to all the way empty won't help; in fact, it'll do a little damage if you do it too often. That said, it's smart to do one full discharge about once a month for "calibration," but don't do it all the time. Running the whole gamut on a regular basis won't make your battery explode or anything, but it will shorten its lifespan."

Thanks man appreciate that! :) yeah I'll install it and calibrate it. Once I've charged it to 90% and then turned the phone off for 4 hours, can I then switch it in and use stamina mode as normal? Thing is I use my phone extremely heavily and need that extra battery where possible. Funny thing is that stamina mode actually works its the sensor which doesn't seem to detect that it is on.

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
Thanks man appreciate that! :) yeah I'll install it and calibrate it. Once I've charged it to 90% and then turned the phone off for 4 hours, can I then switch it in and use stamina mode as normal? Thing is I use my phone extremely heavily and need that extra battery where possible. Funny thing is that stamina mode actually works its the sensor which doesn't seem to detect that it is on.

No, man use it on normal mode, only on stamina mode when you are around 30-40 %
Sometimes light does affect the sensor but again use it, if its not good, we're sending back :) from now keep a log and record your problem with the phone

the helper

Mar 11, 2014
Similar problem

Hi I have had a similar problem. Phone will not start, just black screen when the start button is pressed. As the phone has been in my pocket, I think that it is an overheating problem. After a couple of minutes it cools down and then it starts as normal.

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
Hi I have had a similar problem. Phone will not start, just black screen when the start button is pressed. As the phone has been in my pocket, I think that it is an overheating problem. After a couple of minutes it cools down and then it starts as normal.

Hey, sorry didn't reply earlier! Hmm that sounds like a hardware problem. If you are in the UK, overheating is usually a valid reason for an exchange; especially if it causes reboots. Maybe try take it back to where you bought it from and get an exchange. I did so and got another Z2 but my second one had a battery problem as well.

fakelouis_

Account currently disabled
Dec 11, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I have a similar problem too, on both stock and custom ROM, .69 and .402. Sometimes it wouldn't wake from sleep and I had to hard reset it. Sometimes it just reboot itself. I wonder if they will exchange another phone with me if my bootloader is unlocked..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So this is probably the 3rd thread I've made for this device.

After returning my first Z2, I got this one a few (maybe 4 to 5) days ago and now I'm having issues with it. First time, the screen froze at my lock screen pattern entry; no response whatsoever but the LED light was blinking as I had a notification. I had to hold volume up + power button to soft reset. In the same day (today) I've just had to reset it again for the second time but this time, the power button would not wake the screen! No matter what I clicked, it would not work so I had to press volume up + power again till it vibrated 3 times and reset. I'll be going back to return the phone tomorrow and getting my third Z2! :( Anyone else having issues or anyone have any ideas as to why it's/what is happening?

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

EDIT: Are there any built in logs I can have a look at or anything of that sort to determine what went wrong?

hi mate , could you please give us your update on this thread ? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2757544
    Let us know about the batch and what problems you'hv been facing
    Thank you
    hi mate , could you please give us your update on this thread ? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2757544
    Let us know about the batch and what problems you'hv been facing
    Thank you

Hey Shaf, thanks for the suggestion. I've just posted there now so you can see all the issues I've had with this particular device so far. What do you think I should do - as in should I go in and see if they will exchange it or should I wait for the .69 firmware to roll out? :)
    Hey Shaf, thanks for the suggestion. I've just posted there now so you can see all the issues I've had with this particular device so far. What do you think I should do - as in should I go in and see if they will exchange it or should I wait for the .69 firmware to roll out? :)

i would wait for the firmware to come out but if you paid for it and under a warranty then go and change it :D and look out for the physical issues before receiving another one as one it is software issue its fine but like i say under warranty ? you paid for it ? then change it :D
    my friend, go to setting factory reset the phone as new , format your sd card as new or buy a new one
    then re set up the phone, don't install unnecessary apps or games
    i don't know yet but ill wait for officials ones :) im scared of bricking my phone :#

Yeah I'll factory reset if it happens again! Haha yeah I've not done anything to it simply because this is my first non-nexus phone since the Nexus S! Can't risk anything happening :) Thanks again for all your help Shaf, appreciate it! :highfive: