[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Umts_Everest

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
    Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
    Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
    Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
    Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
    RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
    Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
    UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
    Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
    Resize Navigation Bar
    Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
    Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    EOS Status Bar Toggles
    Status Bar Color
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
    Disable/Enable CRT Animation
    Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
    Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
    Performance Settings
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    Eos Control Center
    MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
    Code:
    Phone: for T9 dialer support
    MMS
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
    Code:
    libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
    and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Xoom comes with Custom EOS kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
    Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Gitweb for GPL compliance
    Fantastic! Then quit trolling my thread then!
    Allow me to shed some light on this old and tired issue. The old ui is just that, old. It no longer exists. Granted the framework is still there, Google has chosen to not implement it. I have clobbered my project with legacy code to support Xoom, which is no longer a Nexus device. Xoom is ancient. Some of you are mad because it's not as snappy as a N10. Eos 4 will be the final version for this device. That being said, I have started writing code to make the system bars smarter, and more accommodating for large screen devices.

Also, before you complain about something you think is broke, check the bug tracker and make sure it hasn't already been reported. If you report a bug that's already reported, I will laugh at you.

/end_rant
    Android 4.3 has lease and we hope the new nightlies build come with significant one and at least it the last build support from team EOS satisfaction.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes. Xoom will get 4.3. Access to resources is one of the reasons for the new project. I didn't have control of Eos servers and apparently those resources are now offline. Look for a thread in general section for test builds and discussion about the new project.
    attempted launcher fix round 1 here

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38840634&postcount=325

UPDATE: fixed. fresh builds going out now. Sorry about that guys.