I am proud to present:

cooltext843621385.png

Includes:
Tethering works like normal
Deodexed
Zip-aligned
Rooted
Init.d support
AOSP style data icons (4G=LTE, H/H+, 3G, G, E) No more placebo icons.
New base 4.1.2 , N7105XXDLK7 Massive thanks goes out to cmenard for his base ROM once again!
Stock insecure kernel with indit.d & bootanimation support thanks to scrosler
4 way rebooter once again thanks goes to cmenard
Multiview control with unlimited apps thanks to legendk95
Stock samsung keyboard with symbol support (still FC's with dpi changes)
Ink effect on lockscreen (multi-colored WOW!!!)
4.2 AOSP launcher
4.2 Gmail with pinch to zoom
4.2 keyboard with swype functionality
AOSP email, calculator, browser,
Resizable popup browser with invoker apk built in thanks to bmw-boy
Power button or volumer key shutter for stock cam thanks to jobnik (Volume button must be set to shutter mode for power button shutter otherwise use the volume to zoom, also power menu will pop up but the picture will be taken--------Its an issue with the MOD not within the ROM)
In call audio boost thanks to Doc Rambone **If volume is too loud for you then half volume works perfectly stable! Trust me youll be glad this is in place once you really need it!!**
Beats audio dsp manager

CHANGELOG
12/7:
Changelog 12/7/2012:
Added:
*AOSP 4.2 Clock
*AOSP 4.2 Emoji Keyboard
*AOSP 4.2 Camera with working photo sphere & video recording! & 4.2 Gallery ( I left the Sammy Snapper in also in case you want to use it)
*AOSP MMS app!!!!!! WORKING MMS capability!! MMS fix is below for 4.1.2 functionality. (MMS sends on CINGULAR apn like it did on older builds)
*Added CM file manager for out of the box file management
* I fixed some ui derps & cleaned up some things to give it a better experience

12/5:
*Ok now data works outta the gate on this one for AT&T non lte users (lte must add lte apn). Im not sure about other carriers but It comes preloaded with the Cingular WAP APN
*Allshare works for viewing pictures & transferring all supported files between local machine and device
*MMS fully operational
*Other data related things now work whereas they didnt before
I'm sure theres more but my kiddos are sick tonight so....
What doesn't work:
Browser bookmarks only show thumbnails & not list view. They still work though. Also search option is all symbols but still functions.

First things first! BIG credit goes to cmenard from the T-Mobile thread for all of his hard work on this base ROM. I received permission from cmenard himself prior to posting this guide.

Source ROM can be located @ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982322 Drop by there and pay your respects!!! Download link for our version is below.

This is a hodge-podge of all the TW apps ive found to be useful as well as the AOSP apps proven to be indispensable! Added with different tweaks and mods for usability and you have one of the smoothest and most stable ROMS to date!

APPROVED ADD-ON's
All of these have been tested by myself and are approved to be used on this ROM with no problems. Thanks for the following DPI mods goes to bala_gamer for his hard work and to projekt1 for testing these initially and finding them to be compatible for our build! Thanks goes to Adrynalyn for his work on the framework we needed.

Here is the MMS fix we've all been waiting for!!! This updates Touchwiz framework in order for it to natively support AOSP MMS sending so no more force closing when sending or receiving MMS messages. Same rules as before apply use the Cingular APN for your MMS needs. If it happens to hang on sending then hit edit and resend and itll send right away.
MMS FIX for AOSP

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34343676&postcount=2
Camera 240dpi 4.1.2
Keyboard 240dpi 4.1.2
Launcher Note2 (TW) 240dpi 4.1.2

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33167635&postcount=4
Multiview 240dpi 4.1.2 (this also add transparency to the Multi-View taskbar)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35096388&postcount=433
240dpi 4.1.2 Dialer apk (This is not CWM flashable!!! It must be pushed using a root explorer to the System-Apps folder and permissions set to RW-R-R & rebooted)

THEMES
The following themes are confirmed working on our device! All credit goes to the original Developers!

[THEME] AOSP Theme For Stock Deodexed UVALJ1 (use the cmenard ROM 4.1.2 version)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1996769

[THEME][08-12][4.1.1 - 4.1.2] ☆ Theme Motomoto00 for Omega ROM ☆
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1940742

Standard Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any issues which may arise from flashing a ROM/Kernel or any combinations of Mods or programs not installed in this package. 3rd party software is not supported here unless the issue can be tied to the ROM

Instructions:
Here is my detailed method for flashing and configuring data to work. I should note right now that LTE does in fact work once you configure the APN as this ROM does not update the baseband for our phone.

1) Download the ROM from the link above and make a copy of your APN settings. I have included "ATT phone APN" settings but always safe to have a backup. As mentioned before Cingular non-LTE works outta box.
2) I kept all files on the root of my internal SD card because for some reason my CWM would not mount my external card.
3) Boot into CWM or TWRP ( Thanks to Sling & gisboro for verifying that TWRP works for this)
5) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!!
6) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
7) Wipe Cache Partition
8) Wipe Dalvik Cache
9) Locate where you placed the ROM.
10) Remember if you made a Nandroid backup. If not go do so now....last chance.
11) Flash the ROM
12) It will take a few minutes so be patient!!!!
13) I have packaged this ROM with the stock ATT Kernel so no more secondary Kernel flashing unless you decide to use a custom Kernel
14) I re-wiped cache partition, Dalvik cache & fixed permissions at this point.
15) Reboot, give it time to settle in. You WILL NOT Data takes a few minutes to lock on so wait for things to settle. LTE users will need to imput APN settings within settings-wireless and netoworks-more settings-mobile networksaccess point names
16) If the packaged APN settings do not work for your carrier then you MUST enter your corresponding APN at this time.
Name: ATT Phone
APN: Phone
MMSC: HTTP://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
*Note* Different carriers will have different APN settings so make sure you use the correct APN.
**Note** Dont have data? Did you derp a N7000 ROM by mistake? Try stock recovery once its up or a Modem flash for your designated carrier**

17) Save APN then click it, after a few seconds you will have Data/LTE access
18) Configure your device from tibu backups (I suggest only updating apps & not data), add google accounts etc. Enjoy your phone with multiview and all the bells and whistles outlined in the source thread!

Link to NOTEorious RC 1.5 updated: 12/7/2012

Main Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390214368362234139

Mirror: Please only use this link if the main link isnt working to save on my bandwidth!

http://www.mediafire.com/?7z9f9xm9znce55n
MD5 Checksum: 6295F4F1BB00CE25103DE0DD6634BF3B

Mirror 2: Thanks to Pterry30 for agreeing to host this for us! Next time you see him post please hit up his thanks button!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?vdjaa26vi2m6orj

Archived ROM
RC 1.1 - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390214368362234041

http://www.mediafire.com/?9m74apfhp3gzql8
MD5 Checksum: BEC4530200CC1447AED154C3839AE88A

Thanks to Blownco & th3g1z for making this happen! http://www.blownco.com/th3g1z/I317_Repack_T889_N7105ZHALJ4.zip?param=test

Screenshots:
2012-12-05-20-47-29.png

2012-12-07-16-27-51.png

2012-12-13-09-25-59-1.png

2012-12-07-16-31-36.png

Last edited:

Futant55

May 2, 2011
I committed a mortal sin. I drunk flashed this. I didnt install the a kernel afterwards. I also flashed the power menu reboot to recovery and itbworks great. I also used twrp as someone else said. I was just so excited to flash something and I needed teathering

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
Does everything work with this rom? I know when it came to flashing the tmobile version of GS2 onto the ATT skyrocket certain things were screwy such as screen orientation and home button not working, just want to know if I should expect the same problems here or does using the pegasus kernel help to not have these problems?

Reactions: mikegrdn78
C

cjsspape

Does everything work with this rom? I know when it came to flashing the tmobile version of GS2 onto the ATT skyrocket certain things were screwy such as screen orientation and home button not working, just want to know if I should expect the same problems here or does using the pegasus kernel help to not have these problems?
Ive tested everything with the ROM and its 100% operational on my end. Im currently working on tweaking the set-up where all you have to flash is the ROM and the Kernel & mobile info will all automatically be inserted so you cannot tell the difference between this and an ATT ROM. Now to find somewhere to upload the new ROM pack......

C

cjsspape

It appears some users are having difficult time getting into recovery having to Odin stock tar.
How are you guys fairing getting into TWRP recovery?
Im using the newest CWM that was posted and I havent had a problem yet. Ive gone into it about 20 times in the last hour testing this ROM out. I just turn off the phone completely and restart it pressing the button combo. Once the ROM is where Id like it im going to test the power menu but Ive seen from another user that it works!

Edit: New ATT friendly version uploading, still need to set APN but thats a WIP. Thanks to cmenard for helping me out with this!

Last edited:

Djazin

Sep 19, 2010
Freaking Awesome!!!! Just got me out of a soft brick, Luckly I made a system.img modem.img and efs.img before hand Will look into straping up a odin package to restore stock system Thanks for your Guide!!!!!

sling

Aug 7, 2007
Va Beach / Hatteras NC
This rom rocks Ive been giving it a work out.
Ok not a nit picker here but only minor flaw Ive found is that home button response is a tad slower then ATT stock......less then a second.
Other then that everything is dandy

Im going to full charge , put her to sleep and hope for great battery life in the morning.

Good night.

C

cjsspape

New download link in the OP, Changes to make the ROM more custom to our devices. READ THE OP BEFORE FLASHING!!!!!

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Princeton TX
Google Pixel Fold
First things first! All credit goes to cmenard from the T-Mobile thread for all of his hard work on this project. This is simply my method for getting this to work on my ATT I317. I received permission from cmenard himself prior to posting this guide.

CHANGELOG:
After discussing it with cmenard, I have incorporated some tweaks in order to make it a more fluid transition to This ROM. I have incorporated the following:
* Build.prop tweaks in order to have the ROM register for our device I317
* I have also packed our own stock Kernel into it for a more fluid flash and to take out now, unnecessary steps for the flashing.
* I am still working on incorporating the necessary apn settings for ATT LTE so for now you need to follow the guide to connect the device to data services.

Cmenard nor myself take any responsibility for any issues which may arise from flashing a ROM designed for a different carrier that just so happens to work for ours.

This is "port" from his original work found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982322 All thanks, donations and accolades should go solely to him! Download link for our version is below.

Here is my detailed method for flashing and configuring data to work with our versions of the Galaxy Note II. I should note right now that LTE does in fact work once you configure the APN as this ROM does not update the baseband for our phone.

1) Download the ROM from the link above and make a copy of your APN settings. I have included "ATT phone APN" settings but always safe to have a backup
2) I kept all files on the root of my internal SD card because for some reason my CWM would not mount my external card.
3) Boot into CWM or TWRP ( Thanks to Sling for verifying that TWRP works for this)
5) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!!
6) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
7) Wipe Cache Partition
8) Wipe Dalvik Cache
9) Locate where you placed the file "I317_Repack_T889_N7105ZHALJ4.zip"
10) Remember if you made a Nandroid backup. If not go do so now....last chance.
11) Flash the file I317_Repack_T889_N7105ZHALJ4.zip
12) It will take a few minutes so be patient!!!!
13) I have packaged this ROM with the stock ATT Kernel so no more secondary Kernel flashing unless you decide to use a custom Kernel
14) I re-wiped cache partition, Dalvik cache & fixed permissions at this point.
15) Reboot, give it time to settle in. You WILL NOT Have data at this point so you will need to imput your APN settings within settings-wireless and netoworks-more settings-mobile networksaccess point names
16) I have eliminated the old T-mobile APN setting to alleviate anyone from saying they are not getting the connectivity they want, YOU MUST press menu-add new APN & input the following APN settings:
Name: ATT Phone
APN: Phone
MMSC: HTTP://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
17) Save APN then click it, after a few seconds you will have Data/LTE access
18) Configure your device from tibu backups (I suggest only updating apps & not data), add google accounts etc. Enjoy your phone with multiview and all the bells and whistles outlined in the source thread!

Notes: Once again all credit goes to cmenard. Your model number within "about phone" will now reflect our actual device so aside from the source it will be just like it was made for us!. All features and options are operational. Once again cmenard & myself are not responsible for anything that may result from flashing this to your device! I will try and assist with any questions about flashing but any technical questions should be directed towards the original Dev. Remember this may be unsupported as it is a ROM built for another carrier which just happens to work on our device!

Link to ATT/T-mobile repack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fe0rs55xeghlc7h/I317_Repack_T889_N7105ZHALJ4.zip

Screenshots:

Quadrant (because some people are into that)
Screenshots_2012-11-11-00-33-23.png

About Phone
Screenshots_2012-11-11-00-35-48.png

Home screen
Screenshots_2012-11-11-00-34-14.png

Multi-View
Screenshots_2012-11-11-00-35-24.png

Thank you so much for this!! I have it working flawlessly on my AT&T Galaxy Note II. This is just awesome!! :D

C

cjsspape

Im glad everyone likes it so far!!! The real guy you should be thanking is cmenard though in the OP. Its his work! I'm just trying to polish it for us ATT'ers till the real Dev work starts!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That was Network Signal Info on the Play Store HERE

Yes it does...you have to go in to the edit menu to find the apps you have added. Then drag them to the multiview bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    @cjsspappe:

This ROM has been my daily driver since Nov 9, when I received, rooted and flashed this on the at&t Note II.

This is a great experience for which I am greatly thankful. I have temporarily tried other ROMs, only to return to this one swiftly.

There is one thing only that the stock ROM and Jedi among others have that this 7105 port does not - a more functional Samsung Keyboard:

2fJOO.png

Would it be possible to somehow add that? I know that there are other alternate keyboards that have the tap and hold option, but none other can be used together with the S-Pen and stroke recognition. I have tried restoring from TWRP nandroid the Samsung keyboard of the stock backup, but it ends looking the same, without the extra tap and hold functionality. I've also tried the files posted within this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1973848 but all my efforts have been unsuccessful so far.

This would be the only thing missing from the most rounded and functional ROM to date IMO.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reading and for any insight.

Its in the CSC features.xml. it enables the symbols to show on the Samsungime.apk. hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Hey guys. Could ya list the specific apks your using for the DPI changes. I know a lot of them don't work and don't want other users flashing something that's gonna cause problems. If ya can provide file names and links to the specific threads I will add them to the OP under an approved add on list similar to what I used to have. Thanks!!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

I used the following from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34343676&postcount=2

Camera 240dpi 4.1.2
    Keyboard 240dpi 4.1.2
    Launcher (TW) 240dpi 4.1.2

Multiview 240dpi 4.1.2 from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33167635&postcount=4

Finally found a working 240dpi 4.1.2 Dialer apk from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35096388&postcount=433

Everything else is working fine.

I take no credit for any of these just posting them for whoever wants them.
    Could you make is so they are all blue instead of the green? :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note!

I know Cmenard asked me to test. I asked him but he's also working on aokp with Whitehawx for the t899 :) ---->Btw a Little tip, don't know of you know. When the multi bar is showing, long press on the tab you can move the tab to any side of the screen. Also you can slide the tab to to bottom to suit you

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app