***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

Altaman

Nov 10, 2012
Humm from the msgs in this thread, no wonder that the msgs in the other threads cause such a rucus... I mean geez "my phone fell into water and now my memory card does not work"....i mean come on you surely could not have rooted/rommed your phone by your self.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

LtZKilla

Dec 20, 2012
Since you carrier wont load I believe following this tutorial with help fix your problem but check the conditions. Im not allowed to post links apparently so I attached it. I'll also flash cleanrom 5.6 and find out if its a software thing and get back to you. But it seems to me like its a MEID issue. So check the conditions in the link and if they are true I'd go that way. If not re-flash, clean install would be my suggestion. Yeah I run Cynagenmod 10.1 and it even knows I'm on Verizon. And Scott's roms always have the carrier.

I reflashed and it still doesn't have the carrier. Here are some settings screenshots.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359581704151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359581704151.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359581720291.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359581720291.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 103

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
carrier problems

So I flashed the rom and I have verizon wireless under carrier information. So I think what happened is one of your carrier files got lost somewhere :/. The only way I know how to fix this is to go back to complete stock and then reroot/unlock bootloader/reinstall cleanrom. Note this will erase all of your data so back it up to your computer first if this is the route you decide to go.
I reflashed and it still doesn't have the carrier. Here are some settings screenshots.

FingersMcGee7

Sep 23, 2012
Phoenix
OK so I can't tell you exactly when it started happening since I don't really checc my voicemail unless I know its an important message but for some reason wen I try to call my Verizon voicemail all I get is a dial tone. If I call my number from my phone, all dial tone. I've been searching for 3weeks and can't find one ounce of information on this issue. Need immediate help please!! And I'm on illusions 1.1.25 rom which is 4.2 1 running the kt747 kernel if that matters. . thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

LtZKilla

Dec 20, 2012
So I flashed the rom and I have verizon wireless under carrier information. So I think what happened is one of your carrier files got lost somewhere :/. The only way I know how to fix this is to go back to complete stock and then reroot/unlock bootloader/reinstall cleanrom. Note this will erase all of your data so back it up to your computer first if this is the route you decide to go.

Ok. It doesn't bother me that much as long as i can still call and text and use data fine. Do the carrier files really affect anything besides that?

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
carrier files

Well that is the thing. It could effect your singnal or other things. However if your not experiencing any data drop out and such i would just say it lost the carrier identity. But since it seems to be acting normaly it appears to be fine. So if your not having a problem with any of this I would leave it the way it is.

Ok. It doesn't bother me that much as long as i can still call and text and use data fine. Do the carrier files really affect anything besides that?

jdub251

Jun 15, 2011
OK... I have my buddies att s3 and a black screen. And I have a black screen. He says he flashed a theme for Hus phone but doesn't remember which one. It seems to be hard bricked but the computer recognizes the phone and he said the charging light came on last night. I don't have a light or any response from phone. Just seeing if anyone has a solution before trying JTAG.

sent telepathically

hypertek

Oct 25, 2006
My phone won't turn on whatsoever, won't charge etc.. Happened when I plugged in a usb audio dac.. had the phone in fast charge mode so I think that killed it.. Any ideas? I ordered a motherboard off ebay last week but seems the person hasnt shipped it yet. Think verizon would cover it?

Cynema

Aug 1, 2012
Ok so this is a weird one. I was running an old PA rom for a while and today I wanted something new, mainly because my pc would not pick up my phone when plugged it. I wiped and flashed the Illusion rom, no backup, and that went fine but I didn't really like the rom.
I wiped and went to flash the LiquidSmooth rom, with no back up once again, and i couldn't find the zip anywhere. I went to an old CM10 back up from September and used Airdroid to load up the LiquidSmooth rom in a different folder. I wiped and went to flash that which did nothing when I clicked install, but the Gapps installed correctly.
I did another restore to the old CM10 and tried the Pure Google AOSP 4.2 with the 4.2 Gapps and now I cannot log into my google account, or boot into recovery. I was always using the power menu of past roms and the holding volume and power keys doesnt work. I really can't do anything right now, what should I do?

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
odin

ok well did you try odin? if you install the drivers for the phone and follow this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030 you should be set unless its actually hard bricked.

OK... I have my buddies att s3 and a black screen. And I have a black screen. He says he flashed a theme for Hus phone but doesn't remember which one. It seems to be hard bricked but the computer recognizes the phone and he said the charging light came on last night. I don't have a light or any response from phone. Just seeing if anyone has a solution before trying JTAG.

sent telepathically

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Call verizon they can resolve it. I had this happen called them they reset my voicemail and it was good to go

OK so I can't tell you exactly when it started happening since I don't really checc my voicemail unless I know its an important message but for some reason wen I try to call my Verizon voicemail all I get is a dial tone. If I call my number from my phone, all dial tone. I've been searching for 3weeks and can't find one ounce of information on this issue. Need immediate help please!! And I'm on illusions 1.1.25 rom which is 4.2 1 running the kt747 kernel if that matters. . thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

LtZKilla

Dec 20, 2012
Well that is the thing. It could effect your singnal or other things. However if your not experiencing any data drop out and such i would just say it lost the carrier identity. But since it seems to be acting normaly it appears to be fine. So if your not having a problem with any of this I would leave it the way it is.

Alright. I have not experienced any signal problems and the only problem i have had as far as data is that for some reason at the cafeteria in my school my phone suddenly decides I'm roaming. But other than that just fine. So I guess I'll leave it.

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
i am not encouraging decietful behavior, but verizon would cover it. Sound like a hardware problem to me ;) lol

My phone won't turn on whatsoever, won't charge etc.. Happened when I plugged in a usb audio dac.. had the phone in fast charge mode so I think that killed it.. Any ideas? I ordered a motherboard off ebay last week but seems the person hasnt shipped it yet. Think verizon would cover it?

CeeMillz

Aug 9, 2012
Brick
So today I went to show my father the issue I was having with my phone I flip the NFC switch under more settings... Magically worked and stuck, actually I waited 5 minutes and its still working. I did absolutely nothing but text today and send a few work emails. This is very strange.

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
nfc

still could be a semi faulty nfc chip. did you test if the nfc worked by doing andriod beam? or using a textile? because if it was actually working i would suggest following this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030 to go back to stock. I know you said you went back to stock but just to be sure use the files on this page.
***follow it exactly and be sure to complete the stock recovery wipe after number 9.
So today I went to show my father the issue I was having with my phone I flip the NFC switch under more settings... Magically worked and stuck, actually I waited 5 minutes and its still working. I did absolutely nothing but text today and send a few work emails. This is very strange.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lock/power button on my s3 has stopped working, and I need to restore to stock so I can bring it to Verizon for a replacement.

Anyone know of a way to get into download mode without using the power button?

Go into terminal emulator and type in:

su
    reboot download

Hit enter after each line.

Or you can use adb if you know how. Either way you must be rooted to do this.
    Trt flashing the rom with clean wipe.. Then install correct version of gapps

Thanks doesn't hurt....
    hi i hard bricked my phone about a month ago and got it fixed recently by JTAG Riff - Boot repair and it worked perfect. but then i rooted it and unlocked the bootloader and then i went it too recovery mode to install hyperdrive rom r14 using TWRP and everything runs smooth threw the installation but once its done i reboot and it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it and under neath is says "system software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". then after i go to download re-flash a stock firmware and re-root and restore to my last backup and have no problem. but what i want to know is, is there a why to fix this so i can flash custom roms again. if i could get help that would be great.

I would start the rooting / flashing process o er from Step 1. I had the same problem on day one and soft bricked it and was able to follow a thread that unscrewed it but I honestly don't remember what was entailed. I do know that what I did in the end was restart the root / flashing process. Wish I could be of more help but I know you'll be able to get it going again.
    nfc

Actually I just thought of something else to try. Have you gone in and force quit nfc and cleared the app data? That may resolve the problem. Nfc will be under all apps and it is named nfc service.

I have the stock battery and when I did call Verizon the first time they wanted me to contact Samsung first then get back to them so I figured i'd bring it here. It had worked before so I was wondering if maybe it fried somehow? Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, watch because I said that i'll drop it in 5 minutes and shatter my screen :eek: I guess I'll just try Samsung tomorrow and see what they have to say.
    No if you are back to stock ORIGINAL and still have that problem its Hardware.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2