[Q] Mom-friendly phone: Jiayu G2 or Thl T5?

Search This thread

andyr0ck

Oct 24, 2013
Hong Kong
So...I'm going to buy a new phone for my mom to drag her into the 21st century and am looking circa the $100 pricepoint (edit: actually, i think the G2 is about 125 at the moment but you get the idea). The likely candidates so far are the Jiayu G2 (512MB RAM) and the Thl T5. Being a very happy owner of a G3T, I have some rather positive brand associations with Jiayu but I've also heard good things about Thl.

I realise one (the G2) is an older model with an older CPU but am wondering if anyone has any experience of the (budget-focussed) T5 so far? And if so, have they also had some hands-on with the G2 to be able to make a comparison? What's the build quality of Thl gear like?

One major concern is that newer phones are all using JB which is more RAM-hungry and in a phone with only 512, I'd rather run an older Android version. This is for my mother, she's not going to be super fussed about new features, keeping application compatibility etc. I also feel she'd probably appreciate a 4inch screen opposed to the 4.7 of the T5 so am currently leaning towards the G2. What do you think..?

cheers in advance for any opinions!

Last edited: