[7.March.2012][ROM][P75xx] ♫♫ Overcome 10.1 Series v2.3.1 ♫♫

Search This thread

Medic97

Jul 9, 2010
Install Instructions
  • If you have some form of CWM on your device already, simply download the ROM, and install zip through CWM. Be sure to wipe data to ensure a clean install. DATA WIPE IS NECESSARY FOR V2.0.0!!
  • If you do NOT have CWM on your device already or you want to start completely fresh, I STRONGLY urge you to read the excellent guide that we have put together to get Overcome installed ;)

Do you mean wipe data/factory reset or wipe cache partition?

Thats exactly what it means

shmigao

Sep 3, 2009
I replaced the Calendar and it worked, but I didn't know which people would prefer as there is a stark difference lol...i figured i'd leave that one alone. The other apps pretty much look the same, but perform better :)

Contacts on the other hand wasn't having it at all, but admittedly I didn't spend too much time trying to finagel it in. Maybe in a future release if there is enough requests we'll switch to stock Calendar/Contacts :)

To be honest if you already changed all those apps to HC standard (thanks!!!) then do that with calendar too, then all are same format / standard and we have finally a ui the way HC was meant to be ....

:)

Cool?

Last edited:

Medic97

Jul 9, 2010
Ok, thanks for the explanation. My preference is definitely toward the stock app , since the week view layout is much more practical (including zooming in/out ability). You can see the difference here:
http://www1.pcmag.com/media/images/...-android-3-0-honeycomb-honeycomb-calendar.jpg

compared to:
http://static.skattertech.com/files/2011/08/galaxy-tab-touchwiz-calendar.jpg

Same deal with the month view:
http://zadroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hc18-800x500.png
compared to:
http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/3150/touchwiz_calendar.png

The stock app is just so much more usable!

+10 on this i would love to have this calendar.

VouSDru

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry to ask a basic question :p

Is there any different betweem doing a clean wipe before installing Overcome ROM and after installing the ROM ?

VouSDru

Sep 28, 2011
You don't do a clean wipe after flashing a ROM unless you're flashing a different ROM.

So how about if I am coming from Overcome v1.2.1 ? Do i still need to do a clean wipe as suggested ? I assume I need to .. but I was somehow forgot the timing of wiping the data .. is it after installing Overcome 2.0 or before it?

sputnik99

Aug 12, 2006
I didn't install yet but for other languages, you could try with more locale 2 from the market.

Anybody success?

zaphyr

Jun 23, 2008
I can't wait to get home and install this. I recently flashed 1.2.3 and love it to pieces, so I'm sure 2.0.0 will blow me away!

Thx! :D

D

Deleted member 4100142

Sorry for my noobish question, but with the limited locale languages, is that for keyboard languages as well?

zaphyr

Jun 23, 2008
Sorry for my noobish question, but with the limited locale languages, is that for keyboard languages as well?

Yes, but installing a third party keyboard should solve that. I'm using Thumb keyboard.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Q: with the recent release of the ISC sourcecode, this 3.2.2 update will become obsolete pretty soon...right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: You know the drill, I am not responsible if loading this rom makes your Tab melt, explode, disintegrate, or cause harm to anyone near it. (I am fairly certain none of that will happen though ;) )

Change log in second post.

Welcome to The Overcome Experience - 10.1 Edition :D. For those of you that don’t know me, let me introduce myself. I am AlterBridge86, the creator of The Overcome Experience. I started developing a ROM on the OG Galaxy Tab (P1000) about 9 months ago and have moved on to having my own brand of ROM’s, Kernels, and Recoverys. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P75xx) is the second device now to get a “Overcome Series” ROM, however it will most definitely not be the last.

My mission is simple. I aim to vastly improve the stock user experience on Samsung devices. I think that Samsung makes fantastic hardware, however fails to bring the same level of software quality to their devices. This is where I step in. I take the base rom, as provided by Samsung, and perform further optimization and modification to it. My mods aim not to completely customize the user interface, but rather add some very useful key functionality while retaining the “stock android” look.

ROM FEATURES
    • Please read the announcement post on the TOE website for a full rundown of the release! http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500
    • Based on P7500CELB1 / P7510UEKMP (Android 3.2)
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Fully Zipaligned
    • Rooted/Busybox installed
    • Stock kernel with modified initramfs
    • Themed with stock-ish Honeycomb look
    • Ads blocked
    • Updated Play Store to 3.4.6
    • Updated Maps to 6.3.0
    • Updated SamsungApps to 3.10.115
    • Updated Flash Player to 11.1.111.7
    • Updated Play Books to 2.3.5
    • Updated Play Music to 4.1.513
    • Updated Play Movies to 1.4.9
    • Launcher from P7310UELA3 (fast and full featured)
    • Modded Browser (UAString chooser in Advanced Options)
    • Bootanimation.zip support (cool boot animation included thanks to gammaRascal in the Iconia forums)
    • Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download)

Install Instructions
    • If you have some form of CWM on your device already, simply download the ROM, and install zip through CWM. Be sure to wipe data to ensure a clean install. **WIPE DATA IS RECOMMENDED FOR 2.2.0 INSTALL!**
    • However, if you wish to attempt a non-wipe install (ONLY for users already on Overcome), follow these instructions: Prior to rebooting into recovery for install, go into Manage Apps and clear data on launcher. Immediately reboot into recovery using the power menu - DO NOT go back ot the home screen first. Install zip without data wipe. After install completes, wipe cache. Reboot.
    • If you do NOT have CWM on your device already or you want to start completely fresh, I STRONGLY urge you to read the excellent guide that we have put together to get Overcome installed ;)

SCREENSHOTS

INSTALL GUIDE
    http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=5

DOWNLOADS
    http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=8
    MIRRORS
    None at this time...

SOURCES
    https://github.com/alterbridge86

REMOVED APPS DOWNLOAD - To install, simply place the apks in /system/app. These will NOT install like a normal APK.
    P7500 - Removed until i modify them to not include non-samsung apps
    P7510 - Removed until i modify them to not include non-samsung apps
    HideBar - http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/

The best is yet to come!
    KNOWN ISSUES
    • None!

Overcome 10.1 Series v2.3.1
    • eBook application returns!
    • Updated Books to Play Books 2.3.5
    • Updated Music to Play Music 4.1.513
    • Updated Videos to Play Movies 1.4.9
    • Updated Market to Play Store 3.4.6
    • Updated Flash Player to 11.1.111.7
    • Updated YouTube to 3.5.5
    • Removed HideBar (did not work reliably when preinstalled – please get from HideBar website if you wish to use this app)
    • Reverted to a modded stock browser (will fix most back button bugs as well as some user agent issues)

Overcome 10.1 Series v2.3.0
    • Rebased on P7500CELB1/P7510UEKMP
    • Updated Maps to 6.3.0
    • Updated Flash Player to 11.1.111.6
    • Updated Samsung Apps to 3.10.115
    • Launcher from P7310UELA3 used (equally as fast, if not faster than xoom launcher, while retaining tw functionality)
    • HideBar v0.12 included (installed in /data so can be removed by user if they so choose)
    • SwitchMe v1.2.2 included (installed in /data so can be removed by user if they so choose)
    • CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4 Included
    At long last, Android 3.2 has come to the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Version 2.0 of the Overcome 10.1 Series ROM marks the first release of the rom based on Android 3.2.

For the P7500, the base was graciously provided to us by brucewein and advocator, as well as the country of Israel. That said, this version unfortunately lacks a lot of locales. In it you will find English, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, and Korean – no more, no less. Hopefully sometime in the near future we get a release from Europe/Asia that will feature many more locales.

For the P7510, we have the now infamous UEKMM build, the “official” US release that was yanked. Despite the reports of it breaking wifi, I have had no issues of the sort and the rom works spectacularly.I suspect that Samsung’s issue is not related to the ROM itself, but the delivery mechanism and/or installation.

On to features in this release – well, the most obvious is Android 3.2 But there are a lot more niceties to be found. I am proud to tell you all that this rom now features the stock Launcher, Browser, Gmail, and Email apps found in Android 3.2.2 (from Xoom). ALL the 3.2.2 apps are phenomenal performers and make the experience on this device the smoothest I have ever seen it.

Along with those apps, I have brought an oft requested feature over from the stock HC experience – it’s animations. The screen animations are now 100% identical to stock Honeycomb and honestly provide a much cleaner, crisper experience. Most all other features have been carried over from previous ROM’s, with the exception of two (that I can think of).

First, for the P7500 folks, there is unfortunately NO extended power menu at this time. The smali code is COMPLETELY different than what it was in 3.1, and even the US version of 3.2 for that matter. I spent many hours trying to make it work with no success. I will of course continue to try to get it working for you all, but to be perfectly honest I think a Euro/Asian release may beat me to it. Secondly, also related to the power menu mod, for the P7510 folks the status bar hide functionality is not yet implemented. I didn’t get to spend a whole lot of time on it, so i’m sure it can be done, I just need to sit down and really dig into it. For the time being however, you WILL have extended power menu (reboot,recovery,download) but will just missing the status bar hide button.

With that said, I’m not going to hold you up any longer and I suggest you all head over to the downloads and enjoy!

EDIT: One more note - it seems the website and its downloads are sucking pretty hard...I apologize for that. Please use the multiupload links in the first post for downloading if you are unable to get through on the website downloads (or they're crawling)
    And the new version is live :)

Greatest news of course is for the P7500 folks as the rom is now based on a EURO rom which has all the traditional Euro locales :)

Another welcome change that I am glad to announce is the addition of TW app reversal patches for the Calendar, Launcher, and Email clients. These patches are CWM flashable zips that will replace those apps with the original TW ones.

I highly suggest a wipe with this install, unfortunately, otherwise you will likely end up in FC-hell (as a result of the system app changes).

Enjoy!
    Hey guys - new version is up finally :)

The site may still have the occasional glitch, but it is now up on the new host and is WAY faster. Downloads from the site should no longer be a problem either, but in the event they are the multiupload mirrors are in first post as per usual.

New this release is the addition of modem files - these are Odin flashable tars (also flashable with mobile Odin by chainfire). This will get the P7500 folks up to date with the latest modem. There are two, P7500XXKK2 and P7500XWKL1, latest and greatest is not always best, and I don't really have a way to test it, so just flash them and see how your coverage is. If its better/faster, great, if not, give the other one a shot. Either way they are both likely newer than what you have now (unless you've been flashing Odin tars as they got released between rom flashes).

Also this release features new base roms, P7500XWKL1 and P7510XWKL1, its been really solid in my use and i'm sure you will all like it :)

Enjoy and as always let me know whats broke! :D