Titan II - issues I'm having

Search This thread

92GTA

Mar 26, 2005
Phone details are in my signature. I reset the phone right out of the box as I always do when new phones or after doing a software upgrade.

I've noticed that marketplace isn't notifying me of app updates available.

When I buy something, it keeps says I have to buy over and over again and never lets me download the app even though I get the email confirmation from MS.

The on-screen keyboard, at the password screen or even when I go to start a text, there is a full 1 second delay or more in the first letter/number I push, always. Is this a defect in the touch screen or software?

My old WP7 had none of these issues.

Anyone else?

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Phone details are in my signature. I reset the phone right out of the box as I always do when new phones or after doing a software upgrade.

When I buy something, it keeps says I have to buy over and over again and never lets me download the app even though I get the email confirmation from MS.

The on-screen keyboard, at the password screen or even when I go to start a text, there is a full 1 second delay or more in the first letter/number I push, always. Is this a defect in the touch screen or software?

Anyone else?

Take it back and get another one. At a store they should swap it right there and then. It could be software related like every phone at launch has issues or a serious hardware problem

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010

Anyone else?

Have you synced your device with the desktop Zune client yet? It might be worth a go before you finally swap it.

92GTA

Mar 26, 2005
Have you synced your device with the desktop Zune client yet? It might be worth a go before you finally swap it.

Yes so I could sync all my pics, video, etc.

I already have the device setup exactly how I want it, I'd hate to return it when there is no backup/restore option in Zune. Dang it.

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
If its a software issue we can rule out Factory Reset... and that Im aware of there hasn't been an RUU leak for 8112 for the titan2 so flashing it is impossible.

Was the issue present from the get go? Like the moment It was turned on before setting up anything?

92GTA

Mar 26, 2005
If its a software issue we can rule out Factory Reset... and that Im aware of there hasn't been an RUU leak for 8112 for the titan2 so flashing it is impossible.

Was the issue present from the get go? Like the moment It was turned on before setting up anything?

After turning on my phone out of the box, I went straight and did a hard reset. So I noticed everything after that. Marketplace not notifying of app updates and the touchscreen keyboard issue yes. I only tried buying that app after reinstalling all the other apps I had bought for my previous WP so I can't say about that issue.

I think I will just hang onto the handset until the Tango update is released and hope that resolves the issues.

UPDATE: Looks like marketplace is now notifying me of app updates correctly now and the app purchase I made has no gone through. I guess something was maybe going on with MS's side of things. I'll just deal with the keyboard/dial pad delay thing and hope Tango fixes it, it's only delayed on the first character I enter when I start typing anyway.

Last edited:

xs2k

Nov 12, 2008
UPDATE:I'll just deal with the keyboard/dial pad delay thing and hope Tango fixes it, it's only delayed on the first character I enter when I start typing anyway.

A temporary fix is just to turn off the "key press" sound. Once sound is off, there is no delay. Same issues with the Focus S and my Titan 2.

Reactions: 92GTA

92GTA

Mar 26, 2005
A temporary fix is just to turn off the "key press" sound. Once sound is off, there is no delay. Same issues with the Focus S and my Titan 2.

Thank you, that worked! I wonder why some windows phone have this issue and some don't? Perhaps the quality & latency of the nand flash? I have noticed this phone is a little slower than my Arrive was.

digdug88

May 11, 2011
I had the exact same keyboard / touch screen delay issue. Turning off the keybaord sound definitely seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks.
I had a Lumia 900 and trades it for the HTC Titan II because of the camera issues with the Lumia. The HTC is better in my opinion but the tap delay issue was a real pain and I did not experience it with the Lumia.

waltah!

May 29, 2009
I'll give it a shot, too as I have the delay. I also swapped out my Lumia for a Titan 2 and very much prefer it.

rymerace

Mar 7, 2011
I have exactly same issue on my titan II.
I used focus before titan II. But focus hadn't this issue.
I think it can be fixed but now I feel inconvenience a lot.

jazeelkk

Oct 15, 2010
Rabigh

Anyone else?
Re-flash the ROM with stock ROM. HTC they have serious problems in doing their initial setup. I had problems with my 2 HTC devices, and flashing helped me.

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC
i too had the keyboard issue, but have mostly gotten used to it, but it would be nice to have it fixed while keeping the keyboard sound.

another issue im having is more hardware related- when i press lightly, on the edges of the screen, there is a "glow" around the area i press like on a pc when you touch the screen. i can also feel the screen around the edges bending slightly, like the screen is loose. anybody else have this?

i have never had this on anything else with a touchscreen- ive had 2 iphones, a samsung gs2 skyrocket, and an asus transformer prime

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
i too had the keyboard issue, but have mostly gotten used to it, but it would be nice to have it fixed while keeping the keyboard sound.

another issue im having is more hardware related- when i press lightly, on the edges of the screen, there is a "glow" around the area i press like on a pc when you touch the screen. i can also feel the screen around the edges bending slightly, like the screen is loose. anybody else have this?

i have never had this on anything else with a touchscreen- ive had 2 iphones, a samsung gs2 skyrocket, and an asus transformer prime

That is probably because of the unibody design they've opted for. This issue is much similar to what annoyingly cheap hardware feeling I get when I press hard on "Windows" softkey. You can feel the spring and at times it makes that cracking sound too. But from what I've read around, as time passes on with these unibody designs, the back case get lose and so does the front chasis. Probably that "glow" you are referring to is due to lose screen chasis?

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC
That is probably because of the unibody design they've opted for. This issue is much similar to what annoyingly cheap hardware feeling I get when I press hard on "Windows" softkey. You can feel the spring and at times it makes that cracking sound too. But from what I've read around, as time passes on with these unibody designs, the back case get lose and so does the front chasis. Probably that "glow" you are referring to is due to lose screen chasis?
no one else has this? because the phone is brand new and did this out of the box

NIKOKAPS

Feb 12, 2009
I'm actually having this problem as well new right out of the box. But also its not only the keyboard sound but sound in games as well. When I play games its really glitchy as the game will pause for a split second when there is a long enough gap in sound.

I bought the phone new in box unopend off craigslist for my girlfriend so im not sure if I can get this warrantied. Additionally I tried flashing the stock rom like people have been suggesting but with no luck the issue is still present.

Its a shame that such a nice phone could have such a frustrating problem right out of the box. My first gen wp the HTC Arrive never had this issue. Yet I really haven't seen much online or a fix expect whatever has been said on this thread.

Can my girlfriend just simply activate the phone and take it to at&t and get it replaced without proof that she bought it at the store?

N!njaDuck

Jan 12, 2008
Omnipresent
I'm actually having this problem as well new right out of the box. But also its not only the keyboard sound but sound in games as well. When I play games its really glitchy as the game will pause for a split second when there is a long enough gap in sound.

I bought the phone new in box unopend off craigslist for my girlfriend so im not sure if I can get this warrantied. Additionally I tried flashing the stock rom like people have been suggesting but with no luck the issue is still present.

Its a shame that such a nice phone could have such a frustrating problem right out of the box. My first gen wp the HTC Arrive never had this issue. Yet I really haven't seen much online or a fix expect whatever has been said on this thread.

Can my girlfriend just simply activate the phone and take it to at&t and get it replaced without proof that she bought it at the store?

I found that if you turn off key press sounds and disable the sound enhance, the phone works much much better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:I'll just deal with the keyboard/dial pad delay thing and hope Tango fixes it, it's only delayed on the first character I enter when I start typing anyway.