[HOWTO] Port N7100 ROMs to I317 and N7105

Search This thread

antiochasylum

Inactive Recognized Contributor
nice thanks antiochasylum! but what about the flashing of the modem or kernel in original n7100 rom? or updater script?

Didnt touch those, you will have to remove them yourself from the rom you flash. I edited omega already which I'm flashing as I type this. I have asked ::indie:: if I could port his rom, he told me NO, so it will have to be shared via PM.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

the modem and the kernel?

Leave your stock modem and kernel.

Reactions: SWBgHz

corzradio

Nov 20, 2007
The Rock"land" Cty
and with this ...

Didnt touch those, you will have to remove them yourself from the rom you flash. I edited omega already which I'm flashing as I type this. I have asked ::indie:: if I could port his rom, he told me NO, so it will have to be shared via PM.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

we can port 4.1.2 roms from the 7100??

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010

If you could share it with me via pm... I'd love you forever.

Sent from my JellyBean Galaxys3

antiochasylum

Success! :) - Contacts had a FC when I was doing the setup wizard, but everything appears to work fine. Awesome.

Remember to thank madmack guys!

Screenshot_2012-11-28-16-12-20.png

G

GuestK00336

For those who wish to port - here are the files i pulled from stock i317 - the folders are named their respective places.

Replace and flash away! I could make a script to do it for you, but I'm not going ot make it that easy lol.

Edit: I could just make this a flashable zip. Install your desired 7100 rom, then flash this...anyone interested?

haha I thought you weren't trying to make it "that easy"!

antiochasylum

Yes, I have had multiple force closes and a sim error here and there, but rebooted and now working fine.
By the way, RR is 50% uploaded.

Mine just says "unable to save center number" - tried the pdu format and normal...

well its uploaded for those who want to try it, if anyone has the message error please let me know, it might be something I'm doing.

goo.im/devs/antiochasylum/t0lteatt

Last edited:

jsho31

Aug 4, 2010
Plano, Texas
For those who wish to port - here are the files i pulled from stock i317 - the folders are named their respective places.

Replace and flash away! I could make a script to do it for you, but I'm not going ot make it that easy lol.

Edit: I could just make this a flashable zip. Install your desired 7100 rom, then flash this...anyone interested?

Yes!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
I got ARHD ( Android Revolution HD) working perfectly lte, data everything running great so far on my i317m note 2 and scored 6745 on quadrant with no cpu OC on perseus for some odd reason lol but this thing is flying now! Oh and this is with no factory reset or any wiping also, forgot but all went well still! had a bit of contacts fc but thats it seem to go away after clearing data and cache :D

Last edited:

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010

Making that zip would make my life complete Lol

Sent from my JellyBean Galaxys3

DarthPiggie

Jul 31, 2010
I spent the entire day yesterday trying to make Android Revolution HD work on my I317. At the end of the day, success ! and here is how:

Please do not experiment with this stuff if you're not familiar with partitions and the way things work. You do run the risk of bricking your device permanently if you don't know what you're doing. I'll write this so that developers can start porting their ROMs to the LTE variants.

The two devices are identical except for the modem (and rild files) and the GPS initialization at bootup.

1. You'll need to rewrite the updater-script in most CWM flashable ROMs to make sure.. again, MAKE SURE that you do not flash anything else except /system /data and the boot partition. Overwriting your modem partition with a modem from the N7100 phone or the bootloader partitions will blow up your phone. You've been warned ! The partition labels and numbers are identical so you won't have to change that.

2. Make sure you bundle a kernel (boot.img) from one of I317/N7105 (depending on which device you own). Obviously we're talking about TW kernels here so for example stock JB kernels or Perseus will do just fine. Do not flash boot.img kernels from the N7100 section.

3. You'll need to add and remove a bunch of userland library files from your device. I won't attach these files here but you can grab them from any I317/N7105 ROM:

Files to ADD/REPLACE (Yes, every single one counts as they're dynamically linked). The stuff in /system/bin are started by the initramfs in the kernel so add them all in as well:

Code:
./system
./system/bin
./system/bin/qcks
./system/bin/sec-ril
./system/bin/qmuxd
./system/bin/efsks
./system/bin/diag_uart_log
./system/bin/netmgrd
./system/bin/gsiff_daemon
./system/bin/ks
./system/bin/rild
./system/bin/qmiproxy
./system/bin/secstarter
./system/etc
./system/etc/gps.conf
./system/lib
./system/lib/hw
./system/lib/hw/audio.primary.smdk4x12.so
./system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
./system/lib/hw/audio_policy.smdk4x12.so
./system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
./system/lib/libnetmgr.so
./system/lib/libaudio-ril.so
./system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so
./system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
./system/lib/libqdp.so
./system/lib/libdsutils.so
./system/lib/libqmiservices.so
./system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so
./system/lib/libloc_adapter.so
./system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so
./system/lib/libqdi.so
./system/lib/libqmi.so
./system/lib/libcsd-client.so
./system/lib/libloc_eng.so
./system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so
./system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so
./system/lib/libqmi_cci.so
./system/lib/libssaudio-client.so
./system/lib/libidl.so
./system/lib/libril.so
./system/lib/libqmi_csi.so
./system/lib/libdiag.so
./system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so
./system/lib/libgps.utils.so
./system/lib/libgps.so
To remove !!! Moi importante !
Code:
./system/lib/hw/gps.exynos4.so
If you don't remove that GPS exynos4 file, HAL will load it and never the gps.default.so file so your gps won't work. Took me three friggin hours to figure out.

4. Lastly, you'll need to change build.prop so that it loads our RILD files instead of the N7100's:
Code:
replace
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
with
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

5. ???

6. Profit.

When I get sometime, I'll try to port CM10 from the N7100 tree.

If you have time I wouls like to collaborate on porting CM10. I have been working non stop on trying to port but I have been having some build issues.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

nuwayman

Aug 21, 2006
portland, OR
To all who is working on this to help my flashing addiction. You guys complete me. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

madmack

If you have time I wouls like to collaborate on porting CM10. I have been working non stop on trying to port but I have been having some build issues.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

well, here is my progress so far:

thing boots. wifi works. gps and rild broken (surprise surprise).

i built the entire cm10 system on my machine (took forever!), and I also built a custom aosp kernel using n7100's defconfig with some mods to enable QC_MODEM which also disables the modem bits that ship with N7100. Thing compiled correctly and i loaded it on the phone just fine.

I think I may have to change some initramfs stuff to get rild to start talking. thing is, not a single rild error in logcat or kmsg .. :(

I'm done with my attempt for today.

Reactions: rekrapg and turilo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I spent the entire day yesterday trying to make Android Revolution HD work on my I317. At the end of the day, success ! and here is how:

Please do not experiment with this stuff if you're not familiar with partitions and the way things work. You do run the risk of bricking your device permanently if you don't know what you're doing. I'll write this so that developers can start porting their ROMs to the LTE variants.

The two devices are identical except for the modem (and rild files) and the GPS initialization at bootup.

1. You'll need to rewrite the updater-script in most CWM flashable ROMs to make sure.. again, MAKE SURE that you do not flash anything else except /system /data and the boot partition. Overwriting your modem partition with a modem from the N7100 phone or the bootloader partitions will blow up your phone. You've been warned ! The partition labels and numbers are identical so you won't have to change that.

2. Make sure you bundle a kernel (boot.img) from one of I317/N7105 (depending on which device you own). Obviously we're talking about TW kernels here so for example stock JB kernels or Perseus will do just fine. Do not flash boot.img kernels from the N7100 section.

3. You'll need to add and remove a bunch of userland library files from your device. I won't attach these files here but you can grab them from any I317/N7105 ROM:

Files to ADD/REPLACE (Yes, every single one counts as they're dynamically linked). The stuff in /system/bin are started by the initramfs in the kernel so add them all in as well:

Code:
    ./system
    ./system/bin
    ./system/bin/qcks
    ./system/bin/sec-ril
    ./system/bin/qmuxd
    ./system/bin/efsks
    ./system/bin/diag_uart_log
    ./system/bin/netmgrd
    ./system/bin/gsiff_daemon
    ./system/bin/ks
    ./system/bin/rild
    ./system/bin/qmiproxy
    ./system/bin/secstarter
    ./system/etc
    ./system/etc/gps.conf
    ./system/lib
    ./system/lib/hw
    ./system/lib/hw/audio.primary.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
    ./system/lib/hw/audio_policy.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
    ./system/lib/libnetmgr.so
    ./system/lib/libaudio-ril.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
    ./system/lib/libqdp.so
    ./system/lib/libdsutils.so
    ./system/lib/libqmiservices.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_adapter.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so
    ./system/lib/libqdi.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi.so
    ./system/lib/libcsd-client.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_eng.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so
    ./system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_cci.so
    ./system/lib/libssaudio-client.so
    ./system/lib/libidl.so
    ./system/lib/libril.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_csi.so
    ./system/lib/libdiag.so
    ./system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.utils.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.so
    To remove !!! Moi importante !
    Code:
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.exynos4.so
    If you don't remove that GPS exynos4 file, HAL will load it and never the gps.default.so file so your gps won't work. Took me three friggin hours to figure out.

4. Lastly, you'll need to change build.prop so that it loads our RILD files instead of the N7100's:
    Code:
    replace
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
    with
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

5. ???

6. Profit.

When I get sometime, I'll try to port CM10 from the N7100 tree. Done.
    CM10 RILD. Done. :victory:

:good::good::good:

apn works now. LTE is a go.

I'm done for the day. Have a good night guys
    guys, AUDIO IS FIXED !

Whaaat up

Lemme try to document the entire thing into my github account. That should be the easy part.

So far, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Audio, RIL.. all works in AOSP.

I think we got some issues with the stylus (like its completely broken) but who cares about that right? j/k