[Q] Want to jailbreak but dont know if boatloader is already unlocked

Search This thread

flow2013

May 16, 2013
Hi everybody.

I just acquiered a note 2 (SCH-i605). And I found that it has been already rooted. I can use non verizon sim whith it. But i dont know if the bootloader is unlocked. I did some researsh but cant find out if there is a relationship between unlocked bootloader and the possibility of using another operator sim. The recovery is stock.
So i want to use "No You Verizon" program from AdamOutler thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066

There are my questions:
- If the bootloader was already unlocked, will using the "No You Verizon" brick the device or cause any problem?
-The current android version on the device is 4.1.1 . After jailbreak, root, recovery with "No You Verizon" can i directly flash any custom rom (like AOKP kitkat or an AOSP 4.2 custom rom ....) without any workaround?
-If i do so (flashing a custom rom), will bootloader still unlocked?

Ps: My understanding is that to be able to unlock the bootloader i should stick to version 4.1.1 up to 4.2 .... of stock touchwise firmware. If i flash the stock 4.3 i wont be able to unlock the bootloader. im i right?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

flow2013

May 16, 2013
I find my answers

Well, i think i find my answers. Maybe it will help someone else.

1- If i flash 4.3 OTA i will have a locked bootloader (forever or use safestrap)
2- To jailbreak, according to the version of my firmware i will use the corresponding Casual program from Adams casual thread
3- After jailbreaking, rooting, installing custom recovery i can flash any custom rom (directly in recovery, not with odin)
4- Depending on the custom rom i will need to update the firmware

Usefull threads are in Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development section.

Reactions: willgreg21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I find my answers

Well, i think i find my answers. Maybe it will help someone else.

1- If i flash 4.3 OTA i will have a locked bootloader (forever or use safestrap)
    2- To jailbreak, according to the version of my firmware i will use the corresponding Casual program from Adams casual thread
    3- After jailbreaking, rooting, installing custom recovery i can flash any custom rom (directly in recovery, not with odin)
    4- Depending on the custom rom i will need to update the firmware

Usefull threads are in Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development section.