[Solution] MUST-HAVE For X2 Users! Speed Tweaks & How to Disable "Slideview" & Panels

Search This thread

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
[Solution] MUST-HAVE For X2 Users! Speed Tweaks & How to Disable "Slideview" & Panels

DISCLAIMER: This works for me 100%. I have noticed 200% - 300% longer lasting battery life, AND at least 3 - 4 times more responsiveness throughout the whole phone, you can even benchmark the difference between stock X2 and an X2 run with my solution. I will not be held responsible for any damage to your phone!

I've read a lot, and done a lot on my X2 recently. From what I tested, black screen of death (when in standby mode) = DONT USE AUTO BACKLIGHT! Try this & see what happens.

Now, my X2 barely freezes or gets any lag at all, in fact, it is SMOOTH. Yes, you heard it, SMOOTH (even when scrolling through start menu).

Using the X2 as of now is a nightmare, but I've come up with a solution until MR2 comes out. And, lets hope MR2 really is for the best.

This solution is based on the standard WM today home screen. I haven't come across ANY problems at all.

One day, I came up with an idea. If I dont use tilewave, why do I have to keep it? Considering growing panel, pixel city panels caused lag to the phone, I decided to delete tilewave altogether and now my phone is significantly faster!

Standard WM today screen I think, is in fact I think its the best:
Less battery drainage, simple, fast, efficient, no black screen of deaths.

This solution works BEST if you follow ALL STEPS BELOW:

1) Uninstall Growing Panel, Pixel City (Day & Night) | (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs)
2) Uninstall all SPB shell and software. (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs)
3) Start -> Settings -> Today -> Tick Date & Messaging (Or any other plug-in of your choice, less the better)
4) Delete tilewave panel in (File Explorer -> Program Files -> Panels)
5) Delete the other panels of your choice, I deleted everything except google panel (In case today panel for some reason crashes, I still got google panel to work with) | (File Explorer -> Program Files -> Panels)
6) SKtools (Search SKtools on XDA forums search function) -> Tweak -> Optimise -> Tick Font cache size and TCP window size -> Action -> Performance -> Optimise -> Soft reset
7) Advanced configuration tool (Search in XDA forums for the program / google it) -> Performances ->

ENABLED
File system cache: 8MB
File system cache size: 16384 sectors
Glyph cache: 32kb

8) SKtools -> Category -> Clean up -> Go to EACH and EVERY option to delete bad registries, temp cache folders, bad uninstall info, etc. MAKE SURE clean up EACH option in clean-up. INCLUDING registry optimiser, do it!

9) To resolve the messaging lag: Search "SMS lag fix" in XDA forums to get rid of lag.

10) Disable Slideview: Delete the string "launch199" from HKLM\init (Use TotalCommander program, credits to bazsikar & jerpelea for this one!)

11) Disable Panel Manager (OPTIONAL): Delete ALL panels except MS_Today panel in programfiles\panels to disable panelmanager.exe

12) Disable XKeyhandler: SKtools-> Services-> Delete xkeyhandler. Step 2: Totalcommander-> HKLM -> init -> Delete Launch65

13) DONE! Soft-reset one last time, and FEEL the difference =)

This solution covers, as far as I know, the general basic operations and responsiveness of the entire windows mobile system for the X2 and/or other WM devices. I don't suffer any MR1 upgrade issues with this solution other than the "Storage card disappearing" issue, which everyone is having a problem with as well.

Disabling slideview is good option for those who think its totally useless (like me) and just causes the system to crash, and hogs A LOT of CPU resources and thus, lags the phone and also plays a role in causing the black screens. You will notice a SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE in battery life and less bugs and crashes with this one!

Credits go to XDA-developers and their respective authors for the posts, you know who you are. All I've done is complile the information and made a solution for the X2 users out there.

UPDATE: To disable slideview, read step 10, credits to bazsikar & jerpelea =)
UPDATE 2: To disable panel manager and panels, read step 11 & 12 =)

ALL THE STEPS COMBINED ABOVE WILL GIVE YOU A FAST, SMOOTH X2 WITH NO BLACK SCREEN OR CRASHES + 400% IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE (1 MONTH SO FAR, I HAVENT HAD A SINGLE CRASH OR BUG)

Feedback welcome, and please report if this works for you, because it worked for me 100% =)

Last edited:

coloboxp

Feb 10, 2009
Just finished with the tunning, it seems faster, lets give it a try

for now i leave my benchmark results

Integer 316.5749
Floating Point 7.565
RAM Acccess 594
Draw Bitmaps 699
MainStor Write 2011.79
MainStor Read 5667.90
Storage Card W 962.86
Storage Card R 1189.31
File List 1443
File List S Card 1034

Mine its a little slower on the internal and external memory.. idk why..

coloboxp

Feb 10, 2009
My programs!!

Hi all

Im having a strange and annoying issue..., i dont know if it was after or before the procedure depicted here by royalbloodvi but maybe you can know what is going on..

If i install software on the storage card, i can see the folder created under "Program Files" and i can execute the software with no problems.

Then when i close the app, somehow, automagically the entire folder structure under "Storage Card\Program Files" gets erased, doesnt matter if i have one or twenty apps there, always happens the same thing :confused::mad: ....

I dont know if i explain myself clearly, in fact english is not my mother language as you can see haha, but i dont know whats going on, even in this case i dont know which keywords i have to use to google it...

Please if you can give me some advice or trick would be very appreciated, even the "right" english keywords to search for it.

Thanks in advance dudes...

Alex
Mexico

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
Hi all

Im having a strange and annoying issue..., i dont know if it was after or before the procedure depicted here by royalbloodvi but maybe you can know what is going on..

If i install software on the storage card, i can see the folder created under "Program Files" and i can execute the software with no problems.

Then when i close the app, somehow, automagically the entire folder structure under "Storage Card\Program Files" gets erased, doesnt matter if i have one or twenty apps there, always happens the same thing :confused::mad: ....

I dont know if i explain myself clearly, in fact english is not my mother language as you can see haha, but i dont know whats going on, even in this case i dont know which keywords i have to use to google it...

Please if you can give me some advice or trick would be very appreciated, even the "right" english keywords to search for it.

Thanks in advance dudes...

Alex
Mexico

This is a KNOWN issue for all X2 users, using my solution or not.. only way it can be fixed is up to SE itself since they screwed the X2 over.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
As I extensively use X2, using most of it's features (besides GPS)

I must say that the main thing FOR ME was to not use extensively TileWave.

After beeing really frustrated and unhappy, I was still tracing the places where the device crash.

And found it was using some functions on TileWave, I can say it
after repeating the patterns about 50 times, I was like a real beta tester....

So avoiding it, the device works almost seamless....

The bugs I see:
As I mentioned, the main SlideView bug is playing and exiting video playback
in landscape... This always crash sooner or later.

Besides that, the device gets stuck in Sound&Notification settings once you go there sometimes
and WM Homescreen sometimes doesn't see the pictures from memory card.

Besides that, it works and if they'll ever make it reliable,
it's my best choice.

sx1-doc

Dec 1, 2005
volks,

i have been using x1 for over an year and been in XDA for yearssss,
that thing that i notice in openGL (msn 7200 platform)freeze the phone and crash the system.

if you wanna crash your sytem use slideview panelmanger ,play xtrakt then run a video and your xperia will crash.

opengl on the msm 7200 platfom is very unstable(maybe its the lack of good drivers or window mobile integration).
avoid opengl stuff and you will be good.

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
UPDATE: To disable panelmanager.exe, simply delete all panels in programfiles\panels EXCEPT MS_Today panel, and panelmanager will no longer run.

Result: Extend battery life EVEN further! Works best for those who dont use panels like me (I find it pointless)

bazsikar

Sep 24, 2008
UPDATE: To disable panelmanager.exe, simply delete all panels in programfiles\panels EXCEPT MS_Today panel, and panelmanager will no longer run.

Result: Extend battery life EVEN further! Works best for those who dont use panels like me (I find it pointless)

Yes, I deleted it aswell from HKLM\init together with xkeyhandler.exe

Good battery life and stable system, no freezing at all, no missed sms or calls.
Although camera still doesn't start sometimes even if saving location is set to phone memory.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
Yes, I deleted it aswell from HKLM\init together with xkeyhandler.exe

Good battery life and stable system, no freezing at all, no missed sms or calls.
Although camera still doesn't start sometimes even if saving location is set to phone memory.

Camera sometimes doesn't start with certain apps in the background
that's my finding.

I've had it with stopwatch running.
Once I turned this off, camera went fine.

As for me - I use panels and SlideView, but just don't use certain
things from these, also no freezes at all.

The main concern is memory card problems now!

okelpoisse

Feb 5, 2010
(please excuse my english)

thanks for this solution, X2 is better whitout slideview.

but i have always probleme this memory card (like everybody)
and some crash in standy by mode -> black screen and soft reset :'(

other problème : illluminations don't work normaly (maybe because i have use a cab find in xda ...)

and picture in mms are very very very small ...

anybody was an idea ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISCLAIMER: This works for me 100%. I have noticed 200% - 300% longer lasting battery life, AND at least 3 - 4 times more responsiveness throughout the whole phone, you can even benchmark the difference between stock X2 and an X2 run with my solution. I will not be held responsible for any damage to your phone!

I've read a lot, and done a lot on my X2 recently. From what I tested, black screen of death (when in standby mode) = DONT USE AUTO BACKLIGHT! Try this & see what happens.

Now, my X2 barely freezes or gets any lag at all, in fact, it is SMOOTH. Yes, you heard it, SMOOTH (even when scrolling through start menu).

Using the X2 as of now is a nightmare, but I've come up with a solution until MR2 comes out. And, lets hope MR2 really is for the best.

This solution is based on the standard WM today home screen. I haven't come across ANY problems at all.

One day, I came up with an idea. If I dont use tilewave, why do I have to keep it? Considering growing panel, pixel city panels caused lag to the phone, I decided to delete tilewave altogether and now my phone is significantly faster!

Standard WM today screen I think, is in fact I think its the best:
    Less battery drainage, simple, fast, efficient, no black screen of deaths.

This solution works BEST if you follow ALL STEPS BELOW:

1) Uninstall Growing Panel, Pixel City (Day & Night) | (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs)
    2) Uninstall all SPB shell and software. (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs)
    3) Start -> Settings -> Today -> Tick Date & Messaging (Or any other plug-in of your choice, less the better)
    4) Delete tilewave panel in (File Explorer -> Program Files -> Panels)
    5) Delete the other panels of your choice, I deleted everything except google panel (In case today panel for some reason crashes, I still got google panel to work with) | (File Explorer -> Program Files -> Panels)
    6) SKtools (Search SKtools on XDA forums search function) -> Tweak -> Optimise -> Tick Font cache size and TCP window size -> Action -> Performance -> Optimise -> Soft reset
    7) Advanced configuration tool (Search in XDA forums for the program / google it) -> Performances ->

ENABLED
    File system cache: 8MB
    File system cache size: 16384 sectors
    Glyph cache: 32kb

8) SKtools -> Category -> Clean up -> Go to EACH and EVERY option to delete bad registries, temp cache folders, bad uninstall info, etc. MAKE SURE clean up EACH option in clean-up. INCLUDING registry optimiser, do it!

9) To resolve the messaging lag: Search "SMS lag fix" in XDA forums to get rid of lag.

10) Disable Slideview: Delete the string "launch199" from HKLM\init (Use TotalCommander program, credits to bazsikar & jerpelea for this one!)

11) Disable Panel Manager (OPTIONAL): Delete ALL panels except MS_Today panel in programfiles\panels to disable panelmanager.exe

12) Disable XKeyhandler: SKtools-> Services-> Delete xkeyhandler. Step 2: Totalcommander-> HKLM -> init -> Delete Launch65

13) DONE! Soft-reset one last time, and FEEL the difference =)

This solution covers, as far as I know, the general basic operations and responsiveness of the entire windows mobile system for the X2 and/or other WM devices. I don't suffer any MR1 upgrade issues with this solution other than the "Storage card disappearing" issue, which everyone is having a problem with as well.

Disabling slideview is good option for those who think its totally useless (like me) and just causes the system to crash, and hogs A LOT of CPU resources and thus, lags the phone and also plays a role in causing the black screens. You will notice a SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE in battery life and less bugs and crashes with this one!

Credits go to XDA-developers and their respective authors for the posts, you know who you are. All I've done is complile the information and made a solution for the X2 users out there.

UPDATE: To disable slideview, read step 10, credits to bazsikar & jerpelea =)
    UPDATE 2: To disable panel manager and panels, read step 11 & 12 =)

ALL THE STEPS COMBINED ABOVE WILL GIVE YOU A FAST, SMOOTH X2 WITH NO BLACK SCREEN OR CRASHES + 400% IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE (1 MONTH SO FAR, I HAVENT HAD A SINGLE CRASH OR BUG)

Feedback welcome, and please report if this works for you, because it worked for me 100% =)