[Q] Missing YouTube on my new Xoom

Search This thread

EL_G15

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
I picked up my xoom earlier tonight and have been playing with it but I cant seem to find the YouTube app. It says it is installed when I go in settings, but it doesn't show up in the app list. Am i alone on this one?
thanks!

dreys

Aug 26, 2010
Make sure you click "All" in apps (upper left corner).

If you're in "My Apps", you won't see YouTube, as well as many other apps that are pre-installed.

EL_G15

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
Make sure you click "All" in apps (upper left corner).

If you're in "My Apps", you won't see YouTube, as well as many other apps that are pre-installed.

I'm also missing "Books"

When i click "All" the apps are not there

Also

When i click the
Books" icon it says "Application is not installed"

So i went to Settings | Applications |Manage applications |All

Books has 0.00B

Youtube 8.00KB

i factory reset about 3 times... 1st 2 becasue i was under impression that my google settings were syncing and try to download that apps from my phone to my xoom.

3rd time i didnt use a google account and still happening....

Last edited:

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Ive also noticed I can't see apps for tablets in the android market. Anyone worked this one out yet?

Did you buy your Xoom from UK? I bought mine from US and I also don't see featured apps for tablets.

About Youtube, it didn't show up under the apps for me too at first, but when I connected to internet and added a google account it magically appeared. It still shows only 8kb in system settings, so this is normal.

V

vizir

Do a factory reset. This fixed it for several of us.

Settings -> privacy -> factory data reset

MeO'my

Mar 25, 2011
NJ
Missing YouTube Also

I had to exchange for a new Xoom yesterday. I bought it from Costco and cannot get the YouTube app to download. It shows that it is in my system, but it isn't under the apps.
The YouTube app did work on the original Xoom I had, but I can't get it to work on this one. I'm on my 3rd factory reset. :(

Side note, my 'Books' don't work either...like EL_G15, it says 'Application is not Installed'

V

vizir

They're not missing. They're corrupted. If you go to manage apps you'll see that they'll show 0kb size. Not sure what else we tried but I know specifically that after I rooted mine the youtube and books app were at 0kb. Factory reset fixed it.

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
On my Xoom the Youtube app works fine but still shows 0kb under settings menu, so I believe this is normal.

MeO'my

Mar 25, 2011
NJ
Just to add - I just did a Factory reset on a Xoom that the YouTube app worked properly, now it has the same problem as my new one.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Are you familiar with logcat? If we can get details on exactly what's happening, might be able to help.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Just in the park at the mo ill get back to you with details when I'm at a PC. If you do a quick search though, its an invaluable logging tool for android. Useful for finding problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

MitchRapp

Aug 18, 2010
Montreal
funny thing with my xoom (canadian version from best buy) ... youtube is there, but the market shows it as not installed.

also no sign of books

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried to install it from the market, but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread it won't install. It looks like its going to but never does.

Use google search and download the apk, maybe it will install this way.

Edit: youtube 2.1.6 > http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9893281&postcount=5
    I get a 'parse' error when trying to open the apk file.
    I tried with the following file managers.
    Astro
    EStrong
    Adao

Brand new xoom purchased from Staples on April 9th.

Any help wood be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Download the youtube apk on your PC and then copy to Xoom.

Use ES File Explorer to open it on Xoom
    This worked for me as well!!!

Nice one poisike. I installed this via file manager, then robooted and voila. The xoom youtube app is there and working correctly. It even shows as version 3.0.15 in applications not V2.1.6.

Many thanks ;)

I tried this approach using EStrong File Manager (free in Market) and it worked. Just download install, reboot and VOILA!!!

This was driving me crazy as I already spent 2 hours applying the skinomi skin and have factory reset about 5 times.

Many Thanks!!!
    Use google search and download the apk, maybe it will install this way.

Edit: youtube 2.1.6 > http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9893281&postcount=5

Steve--

I got the file from the above link.

Downloaded it to my PC and copied it to the XOOM. (download folder)

Then used EStrong to open and install.

Re-boot immediatley and things were fixed

--Dave
    Activate YouTube and Google Books on your wifi Xoom

Do Not Return Your Xoom

If you have had a problem with the missing YouTube and/or Google Books application, here is the fix that works:

1. Connect to WiFi network.

2. Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

3. Go to the "All" tab and then scroll down and select "Google Partner Setup."
    Clear Data.

Reboot your Xoom. (That is, turn it off and on.)

If this doesn't work, perform a factory reset (Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset) and try the sequence above again.

Good Luck :)