Low Battery Notification

Search This thread

prlPT

Sep 20, 2007
Hello!

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the low battery notification/warning that windows pops up when the battery reaches the very low level. I searched for some registry hack that allowed me to do this, but only found a way to do this in the Windows Mobile Pocket PC version.

I'm developing an application for Windows Mobile 5.0 and unfortunately the low battery notification is too intrusive, so I'd like to simply disable it (I warn the user of the battery level on my application).

Thanks in advance,
Paulo

kukingkong

Oct 22, 2007
Just go to Today-Settings-Personal-Sound & Notification.
Select Notification tab, choose Low Battery from drop-down list, you can disable sound and/or warning message.

Deafstarr

Jan 27, 2006
If the low battery warning option does not appear in the drop down list, you will need to edit the following registry entry first;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Open the String value with the name "Default" and add the value "Low Batt Warning".

Eer

Jun 8, 2009
How to change battery noification levels?

This also worked on my phone DX900 but I don't want to switch off the notification levels but change the levels.

Does anybody know how to change the 30% level to 5% and 10% level to 2%?

I did check Internet but can't find a registry change.

zackob

Aug 5, 2009
OK im new to this. I just got my 910 today. Can someone give me a walkthrough on how to turn this low battery beep off? Its amazingly annoying. Thanks

Eer

Jun 8, 2009
OK im new to this. I just got my 910 today. Can someone give me a walkthrough on how to turn this low battery beep off? Its amazingly annoying. Thanks

Just found it somewere, can't remember where but it works :D
Customize 'Low Battery' alerts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408

Create a String value named "Default"
Set its value to "Low battery warning"

Now go to Start > Settings > Personal tab > Sounds & Notifications applet > Notifications tab, select "Low battery warning" in the "Select an event" drop-down list and you can customize it

zackob

Aug 5, 2009
Ok i read that earlier, but where do i do that at, where do i edit that registry entry at? Thanks

eselle

Dec 26, 2007
This also worked on my phone DX900 but I don't want to switch off the notification levels but change the levels.

Does anybody know how to change the 30% level to 5% and 10% level to 2%?

I did check Internet but can't find a registry change.

Facing the same problem! Anyone knows how to set this?

Voltron8Myhat

Feb 2, 2009
If the low battery warning option does not appear in the drop down list, you will need to edit the following registry entry first;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Open the String value with the name "Default" and add the value "Low Batt Warning".

I don't see a string called default. Only duration, options, and wave.

I created the default option and it worked fine. I'd really rather know how to disable the 40% warning and leave the 20% one though.

Last edited:

Eer

Jun 8, 2009
Guys, I think we must be able to solve it our selves...

We have now three phones with six different levels:

Phone, Level 1, Level 2
Voltrons phone, 40%, 20%
DX900, 30%, 10%
LG KS-20, 10%, 5%

It must be a registry value or a value stored in a settings file.
What kind of value is most likely to be stored in the registry? DWORD? Value?
What kind of files has settings of the phone stored in?