[TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x

Search This thread

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Right, unpacked, I would like the original boot.img.

they don't exist its one issue we have, dell has not released a full-update.zip only patches-update.zip, so there is no full boot.img, recovery.img, or droidboot.img, i can only extract the kernel and ramdisk from the /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (reserved) partition dumps all three are located within this 256MB partition, i'm a hobbyist not a dev so im not to sure how to extract the images as a whole from the /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (reserved) partition dumps.

the tools for unpacking and repacking are on my github but use-less for repacking as it needs the base image for repacking to copy the boot stub from (boot cmd) but even then we couldn't flash unsigned .img through droidboot.

https://github.com/social-design-concepts/intel-boot-tools

original thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1972589

tur1, created the original tools all i did was flip the default padding as it is more common on the Intel images.

i was able to extract the kernel and ramdisk by from the /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (reserved) partition dumps by opening them up in a hex editor and locating the offset of "init=" for each image then changing the HEAD_PADDING in the bootheader.h and the recompile the tool for each offset. and unpack. as i said earlier i'm unsure how to extract the .img as a whole.

Reactions: saturnzeus

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
they don't exist its one issue we have, dell has not released a full-update.zip only patches-update.zip, so there is no full boot.img, recovery.img, or droidboot.img, i can only extract the kernel and ramdisk from the /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (reserved) partition dumps all three are located within this 256MB partition, i'm a hobbyist not a dev so im not to sure how to extract the images as a whole from the /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (reserved) partition dumps.

the tools for unpacking and repacking are on my github but use-less for repacking as it needs the base image for repacking to copy the boot stub from (boot cmd) but even then we couldn't flash unsigned .img through droidboot.

https://github.com/social-design-concepts/intel-boot-tools

original thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1972589

tur1, created the original tools all i did was flip the default padding as it is more common on the Intel images.

i was able to extract the kernel and ramdisk by from the /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (reserved) partition dumps by opening them up in a hex editor and locating the offset of "init=" for each image then changing the HEAD_PADDING in the bootheader.h and the recompile the tool for each offset. and unpack. as i said earlier i'm unsure how to extract the .img as a whole.

Can you get the person with the rooted 8 to dd or cat the image off? That's all we would need. Unless the intel system is different.

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Can you get the person with the rooted 8 to dd or cat the image off? That's all we would need. Unless the intel system is different.

thats how i got the mmcblk0p1.img i extracted the kernel and ramdisk from, they are all contained within the 1 partition not individual locations as you see on most devices, as for the mmcblk0boot, mmcblk0boot1, and mmcblk0gp, dumps are just null space.

id assume it could be dd out of the image with something like dd if=mmcblk0p1.img skip="start of image" count="to the end of image" bs=1 of=whatever-image.img but i don't understand the math well enough to figure out the skip or count. needed for each image.

Last edited:

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
id assume it could be dd out of the image with something like dd if=mmcblk0p1.img skip="start of image" count="to the end of image" bs=1 of=whatever-image.img but i don't understand the math well enough to figure out the skip or count. needed for each image.

Yeah thanks, I was doing some more reading and saw that it was all in one partitions. The math is beyond me as well.

J

jakubekw1997

PEOPLES !!! I FOUND SOME MENU IN SECRET CODES WHERE IS OEM MODE OFF/ON . ITS OFF BY DEFAULT , IN BOOTLOADER WAS : FLASH IS UNSUPPORTED IN PRODUCTION BUILDINGS . WILL TRY TO FLASH CWM AT OEM MODE ON AND POST HERE RESULT ...

Wysłane z mojego Venue 7 3730 przy użyciu Tapatalka

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
PEOPLES !!! I FOUND SOME MENU IN SECRET CODES WHERE IS OEM MODE OFF/ON . ITS OFF BY DEFAULT , IN BOOTLOADER WAS : FLASH IS UNSUPPORTED IN PRODUCTION BUILDINGS . WILL TRY TO FLASH CWM AT OEM MODE ON AND POST HERE RESULT ...

What dial code is this or app did u use?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

J

jakubekw1997

no but some behaviors in flashing is else

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Ok after see what code launches, that's modem related stuff I believe and even if it enabled flashing under droidboot we are still stuck with the issue of not being able to repack the images with out a base image to copy the boot-stub from.

Last edited:
J

jakubekw1997

there is some oemmode

J

jakubekw1997

qynuqysu.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

It was OFF by default

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
qynuqysu.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

It was OFF by default

Its off on all devices by default. Did changing this allow you to flash an unsigned .img ? If it did please state as such.

J

jakubekw1997

no. sill error . so secret codes : no

JoeKimpel

Jan 23, 2014
Somerville
Fastboot under Linux

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get Fastboot to recognize this device from a Linux machine? Adb sees it in Windows or Linux, but Fastboot only sees it from Windows.

-- Joe

Reactions: saturnzeus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @ everyone i am discontinuing myKIT_BATCH and replacing it with a standalone batch script / shell script for rooting & the tethered recovery launcher ; with Intel Tablets increasing in use i feel this is the best course of action and will make it easier for new users . . .
    The new thread is up but its still very much under construction : Intel Android Devices Root / Temp CWM Session

[TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x :
    social-design-concepts : said:
    Disclaimer:
    Before you proceed to the rooting instructions below, please read this disclaimer:
    XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM and I are not responsible for what you are doing to your device. You understand and agree that you are doing this at your own risk.

as for warranty the rule of thumb is if you root you should always consider your warranty voided : i will make no claim otherwise on the subject.
    i am just a simple hobbyist from Cinti. OH USA i have no intention to buy devices or users getting mad that they were under some impression myKIT wouldn't void the warranty.

if you root you should always consider your warranty voided

CLICK HERE DONATE NOW : AND MAKE MY LIFE EASIER BY HELPING BUY ME A VENUE 8

myKIT_BATCH TOOLv1.1.2 : "and Yet Another Generic Android Tool Kit "

any issues using this tool kit please use :
    Code:
    @social-design-concepts : myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2 ISSUE

DOWNLOAD / SETUP myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x
    save the download somewhere on your computer using 7-zip , right click on the file and select extract here

Additional Downloads :
    download any additional _ASSETKIT's / _ROOTKIT's needed for your device save the downloads in folder :
    • mykit-downloads
    located in the top of the myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x directory where the run-me.bat file is located.

note : do not extract the files or rename them each time myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x is started it searches for .7z files with specific name endings and automatically extracts them to the correct location. . .

_PATCHKIT's :
    place _PATCHKIT in mykit-downloads start myKIT_BATCH after patch is applied you'll need to close and restart myKIT_BATCH
    change log :
    • Fix DERP in ADB Driver for Dell Venue 7 / Acer A1-830
    • Make ADB backup Quick Restore select-able instead of typing the full backup name
    • Prep For Flash Tool
    • Other Misc Corrections
    _ROOTKIT'S :
    10/06/2014 TRIAL2 : SDC_INTEL2_ROOTKIT Jellybean 4.1.2 - KitKat 4.4.x
    note : This _ROOTKIT does not require the device specific _ASSETKIT that were needed before , should work on the :
    Dell Venue 7 3730 / 8 3830 Clovertrail Plus , Acer Iconia A1-830 , Acer Iconia B1-730HD ,
    Possibly other Intel Android Devices that have a method of starting the adbd service via fastboot oem command . . .

OLDER _ROOTKIT'S : Recommend using the _ROOTKIT above

Jellybean 4.2.2 - Jellybean 4.3 note : this _ROOTKIT is already loaded in myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x there is no real need to download this . . .
    supported devices :
    Dell Venue 7 3730 / Venue 8 3830 US Wifi / US 3G jb4.2.2 - jb4.3
    Acer Iconia A1-830 jb4.2.2

Kitkat 4.4.2 note : requires device specific _ASSETKIT

DELL VENUE 7 Model 3730 US NoModem / VENUE 8 Model 3830 US NoModem WiFI Only

• Kitkat 4.4.2 Dell SW v1.33 DellVenue-kk4.4.2v1.33_WiFi_ROOTKIT.7z
      ro.build.fingerprint=dell/Tablet7/thunderbird:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.build.2014062.120901:user/release-keys
      ro.build.fingerprint=dell/Tablet8/yellowtail:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.build.20140624.115655:user/release-keys

DELL VENUE 7 Model 3730 US 3G / VENUE 8 Model 3830 US 3G
    IMPORTANT NOTICE : THERE WAS A MISTAKE IN THE ORIGINAL _ROOTKIT FOR DELL VENUE 7 3G DEVICE THAT BRAKES OTA COMPATIBILITY . . .
    IF YOU ROOTED YOUR DEVICE WITH THE OLD ROOT KIT PLEASE RE-ROOT WITH THIS ONE TO RESTORE YOU ABILITY TO INSTALL DELL OTA UPDATES. . .

YOU CAN TELL IF THE OLD _ROOTKIT IS LOADED BY LOOKING AT THE NAME IN myKIT_BATCH THE NEW _ROOTKIT SAYS "KK ROOT TOOL Dell Venue 7 / 8 US 3G SW v1.33 date : 9-01-2014"

• Kitkat 4.4.2 Dell SW v1.33 DellVenue-kk4.4.2v1.33_3G_ROOTKIT.7z
      ro.build.fingerprint=dell/Tablet7/thunderbird:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.build.20140624.122423:user/release-keys
      ro.build.fingerprint=dell/Tablet8/yellowtail:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.XYX.20140624.150615:user/release-keys

_ASSETKIT'S :

_PKGKIT'S :
    • coming soon . . .

ROOTING INSTRUCTIONS :
    please make sure to disconnect all other device besides the device your working on. . . do not disconnect your device during rooting process . . .

1. open up the myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x folder and double click the run-me.bat to launch myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x

2. at the initial disclaimer screen type " ACCEPT " case sensitive without the quotes to continue

3. next on initial menu screen choose option 1 to update the driver ( update the driver more than likely the driver you have installed doesn't have all the modes included with it.
      note : instructions for unsigned driver installation if running windows 8 or 8.1
      Unsigned Driver Installation Windows 8
      Unsigned Driver Installation Windows 8.1

4. after the driver installation is complete follow the instructions on the screen

5. once at the main menu , verify that your device is visible and showing " DEVICE STATUS: ADB-ONLINE "

6. next choose option A1 ROOT KITS to view the ROOT KIT MENU

7. at the ROOT KIT MENU select the appropriate ROOT KIT
      note : the ROOT KIT MENU is dynamic and the menu option will change depending on the number of root kits found
      please be sure to select the correct ROOT KIT for your Device / Software version. . .

8. next select the su / supersuer installation

9. next type " ACCEPT "

10. device will reboot and rooting / su installation will start after windows installs additional drivers if needed . . .

Driver Installations Language Error :
    language-error.png

if you are getting the above language error when trying to install the driver please see this link for editing dpinst.xml for your language:

The current language is not supported by the device Driver Installation Wizard

the driver is located in the myKIT_BATCHv1.1.xmykitsdriverKITADB

XDA:DevDB Information
    [TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x, ROM for the Dell Venue

Contributors
    social-design-concepts
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2016-05-28
    Last Updated 2016-05-27
    Downloads :

Stock Image Downloads :
    • Note : do not extract the <file name>.system.img.gz contained with in the 7zip file .img.gz is the correct format for flashing through fastboot for intel. . .

Acer
    A1-830_WW_GEN1 :

Dell
    Venue 7 WiFi 3730 :

Venue 7 HSPA+ 3730 :

Venue 8 WiFi 3830 :

Venue 8 HSPA+ 3830 :

Tethered CWM Recovery Trial 11/5/14

Tethered CWM Recovery Trial :
    Note : This is a Trial CWM Recovery for some Intel Devices with locked boot loaders , it still has a few bugs . . .
    WARNING : This is Tethered CWM Recovery is for some Intel Devices with locked boot loaders , it is not intended for installing custom roms as if the devices has a locked boot loader the device will fail to boot the unsigned images

This recovery uses the CWM Recovery @vampirefo built for the Dell Venue 8 3830 NoModem original thread : Dell Venue 8, CWM, unsecure boot/recovery

Tethered CWM Recovery Trial 11/5/14 : INTEL_TRIAL_TETHERED_CWM_PKGKIT.7z
    Launch the recovery by placing it in the mykit-downloads folder the start myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x from the main menu select option A2 then select the tethered recovery program.

See this post for latest version : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57227753&postcount=2310
    Note : WORKING
    • adb root shell
    • backing up to external storage
    • unsigned .zip installation
    • you tell me
    Note : KNOWN BUGS
    • backing up to internal storage is currently broken
    • installing using adb side-loading of zips doesn't work and breaks adb
    • you tell me

myKIT_BATCH for Dell Venue 7 / 8 initial

social-design-concepts said:
    myKIT_BATCH:
    myKIT_BATCH

rootKIT-kkv1.26:
    rootKIT-kkv1.26

nothing in the base package has changed just just linking in case you don't have it yet.

Venue7:
    venue7_jb4.3_sw-ver.1.16-images.zip
    venue7otherKIT-kkV1.26.zip

Venue8:
    venue8_jb4.3_sw-ver.1.16-images.zip
    venue8otherKIT-kkV1.26.zip

Instructions
    i updated the instructions they are still incomplete but you should be able to follow them.
    myKIT_BATCH-instruction-wip.pdf
    the instructions are still a work in progress if you feel i need to cover anything in them more than they have been please use as your quote:
    HTML:
    [QUOTE=social-design-concepts]myKIT_BATCH Instruction[/QUOTE]

make sure to follow the setup instructions take special note to make sure the path you place myKIT_BATCH does not contain spaces.

example: My Document folder in the path will break the myKIT_BATCH

if your user name contains space same applies :
    example: social design concepts instead of social-design-concepts

issues please use as your quote:
    HTML:
    [QUOTE=social-design-concepts]myKIT_BATCH ISSUE[/QUOTE]
    Still Have to make the new thread but here is the windows standalone cwm launcher

@GeeKerGurL @Shreps

Still Have to make the new thread but here is the windows standalone cwm launcher

Intel Fastboot Tethered Recovery Launcher IntelAndroid-FBRL.7z
    fixed backup / restore from internal sdcard
    fixed restoring /system partition

adb sideload of update.zip is still broken

if you want to try this on jellybean you'll need to update the recovery.fstab in the recovery.zip for your devices

support fastboot oem triggers are :
    T1 oem startftm ( very few devices support this command , but its the original used so )
    T2 oem backup_factory ( limited devices support this command )
    T3 oem stop_partitioning ( should work on alot of kitkat builds )

i'm not including any device drivers so you'll have to make sure you install them your self new thread coming soon. . . .

make sure you download UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip and place it on your internal or external_sd the install it through the install zip /option in CWM

This doesn't install a permanent copy of CWM Recovery on your device this is a temporary CWM Recovery Session it has to be launched from a pc ( thethered ) each time you need to access the CWM Recovery.

@vampirefo the new recovery binary you sent wasnt mounting external_sd ? the old one is mounting it fine now but would be nice to have the heading changed. . .