[ROM] Unwatermarked, Official, Hero

Search This thread

mimic1011

Mar 15, 2009
Olympia, WA
yea i need to do in on the phone, i got lucid's app on the market and ran it then went to the terminal emulator but i dont know if thats all i have to do

alritewhadeva

Mar 26, 2009
Ive run the enable superuser...script and the herospeedup one as well. Im starting to think it would work better if id just run one of them, maybe ill try lucid's (i dont know how and if they interact with each other)

anyway, if i reflash this rom will it be like a clean slate? Where i can start over with the scripts and other methods of optimizaiton?

I think you'd have to wipe and then re-flash, not 100% sure though

tchort

Dec 3, 2008
anyone notice

Not sure if I'm loosing it, but it seems that after changing default wallpaper to another one it seems to run faster.

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX
Not sure if I'm loosing it, but it seems that after changing default wallpaper to another one it seems to run faster.

Only way that would make sense if it was a lower resolution, therefore smaller file size, picture. Since Android has to load the wallpaper along with all the widgets you have on your home screen and home screen icons into memory, the less you load into memory the faster the phone will be

vicmanf

Apr 17, 2009
Help

Originally Posted by Vision77
You still have root, you just don't have superuser access. You can get the superuser batch files from here then adb push them to your g1. Then reinstall your overclocker program and it should work.

Is it possible to push the superuser batch files through Terminal, I don't use ADB if so could anyone post the code that I can use please. thank you
Also, my tether does not work it doesn't send signal to my laptop, I believe it is since I lost superuse availability, whe I installed the tether always asked me if I wanted to allow root access now it doesnt tell me?

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
Im getting the "read only file" when trying to move app_s.zip from terminal.

Ive run a search in this thread a clicked on every single result, but no dice

I already flashed this rom once with no problems, i dont understand why its a read only file, can anyone help?

I have ubuntu and thought i could just drag it into the partition but i dont have "permission" for that. im going nuts why would this work the first time then not the next? thanks

I wouldnt mind just starting over but i cant get my desktop to delete the partition, i dont know how to in ubuntu...

So i tried typing in the commands a fourth time and it worked, how stupid is that

Last edited:

ardaz87

Jun 10, 2009
noobbb

so im a noob, i see there is a lot of info on how to get the hero rom, but most of it is confusing. could someone explain what i need to do i have an unrooted cupcake firm ware g1, from step 1 what i need to do and have. please i appreciate everyone on this forum. you guys helped me update to cupcake manually

Auctionedllama

Jan 20, 2009
so im a noob, i see there is a lot of info on how to get the hero rom, but most of it is confusing. could someone explain what i need to do i have an unrooted cupcake firm ware g1, from step 1 what i need to do and have. please i appreciate everyone on this forum. you guys helped me update to cupcake manually

You lazy piece of ****. Theres a thing right up there, called search. It amazes me that you took the time to register and post that here, instead of clicking search.

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx

to root : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOo2V9qCauc

to get rosie : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3874647&postcount=406

if i were here for the first time id've asked the same way in the same place. just so you know the "dream" forum is more for technical assistance, and people are quick to tell you not to post those questions here, a lot of them think it makes others think they're pretty super cool

Last edited:

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
As for "Auctionedllama"

Learn how to help or offer links and drop your attitude.

No-one here enjoys remarks like the one you made.

Granted he probably didnt search but he asked in a nice way and in the right thread, be helpful.
Wont hurtcha ;)

dglowen23

Jun 7, 2009
spokane
im so lost

can some one inform me how to do this to my g1 i dont have anything special on it except uk 1.5 update which i downloaded myself on my us g1 version can some one please tell me how to do all this cool stuff and be up to date with you guys? PLEASEEEE!!!!!

djdeviance

Sep 15, 2007
can some one inform me how to do this to my g1 i dont have anything special on it except uk 1.5 update which i downloaded myself on my us g1 version can some one please tell me how to do all this cool stuff and be up to date with you guys? PLEASEEEE!!!!!

Read the Stickied Round Up thread on the Dream android developement home page please.