Bluetooth Gamepad

Search This thread

GregFromUtah

Dec 19, 2011
West Jordan
Has anyone tested a bluetooth gamepad with the Infinity yet, they they would recommend? Maybe the Phonejoy, or...?

I assume I want bluetooth so I can use it without having to have the dock or a USB adapter connected, but I'm not sure if there are any drawbacks to bluetooth over wired/or wireless USB. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
Has anyone tested a bluetooth gamepad with the Infinity yet, they they would recommend? Maybe the Phonejoy, or...?

I assume I want bluetooth so I can use it without having to have the dock or a USB adapter connected, but I'm not sure if there are any drawbacks to bluetooth over wired/or wireless USB. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have ordered Phonejoy yesterday. Wait for 14 days and i'll let you know :)

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
I hope it works right with the Wii Classic Controller, that's all I have until I get the dock and can plugin an Xbox controller (I wonder if the wireless adapter works?). The Classic controller usually works great on my phone.

Nahakiole

Jul 7, 2012
Xbox Wireless Controller works with Shadowgun, Riptide, GTA and Death Trigger.

Just plug-in the wireless receiver into the dock, and push the xbox symbol on the controller.
After a while, the blinking changes, and you can use the controller.

Badly, it doesn't stop blinking alike when you connect it to a PC or an Xbox.

I also was able to connect PS3 controllers to the Infinity via sixaxis, the controller also worked with all the games i wrote î.

peare

May 10, 2006
Unfortunately PS3 gamepad doesnt work via bluetooth. It works with TF300 though. I thought the same method of attaching via USB syncing with it and removing cable would work. I see PS3 controller in bluetooth paired devices in TF300, not in TF700.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

sandymacjr

May 8, 2011
PS3 Controller will work with root plus utils

I was able to get a PS3 DualShock controller to work via Bluetooth with my TF700T + dock and root.

I plugged the controller into the USB port and then used PS3 Controller Pairing Tool to set the Bluetooth MAC address and then start up Sixaxis Controller app (requires root) to get the bluetooth link working.

PS3 Controller Pairing Tool:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poke64738.ps3pairingtool

Sixaxis Controller:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller

Unfortunately PS3 gamepad doesnt work via bluetooth. It works with TF300 though. I thought the same method of attaching via USB syncing with it and removing cable would work. I see PS3 controller in bluetooth paired devices in TF300, not in TF700.

Last edited:
Reactions: Splaktar

peare

May 10, 2006
I was able to get a PS3 DualShock controller to work via Bluetooth with my TF700T + dock and root.

I plugged the controller into the USB port and then used PS3 Controller Pairing Tool to set the Bluetooth MAC address and then start up Sixaxis Controller app (requires root) to get the bluetooth link working.

Sixaxis Controller:

Yes, I know that. I used that config with my old Samsung 10.1, but I don't want to root TF700. With TF300 it works out of the box. Same company, 2 tablets with so similar specs, and what works in a recent model does not in a newer one. Hard to understand.

Nov 19, 2010
I have been using the Onlive Universal Wireless Controller. It is a really sold piece of hardware and works with most bluetooth devices. For some tabs though it will be detected incorrectly and leave you spinning around uncontrollably in games by default. However I found this fix on an Onlive forum which has worked perfectly for me. You will need root access in order to perform the fix.

"su
cd /system/usr/keylayout/
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl Vendor_2378_Product_100a.kl
exit
exit"

Enjoy!

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
Received a PhoneJoy today. Haven't played much yet, but pretty much unusable with Bluez.
Bought and installed USB/BT Joystick Center which makes wonders.

Currently I have a setup for shadowgun and fantasy drive.

I would LOVE to know if there is any site/forum that has user exports to download, so I could import it in the Joystick Center app for my phonejoy and specific game?

There is some work to be done initially as it seems, but had 0 problems after setting things up.
Currently I have some 20 games, not all are playable with gamepad, but still around 10-15 games for which i will have to find imports or i'll have to go through a hassle myself.

If anyone else has PhoneJoy maybe we can start Export/Import sharing here on this forum (new thread)
Anyone?

spinaldex

Jul 1, 2008
Portland, OR
I've been through a bunch of controllers, and I really prefer the PS3 controller over the phone joy, onlive, etc. I was turned off in the beginning due to people continuously mentioning the sixaxis app, but after getting it set up, it really works well and it just adds one step before gaming.

I'll make it simple.

First Time Setup
===============================================================
1. You get the application from Play.
2. Run it.
3. Hit the start button in the app.
4. Connect controller via USB cable. (you need it anyway to charge the controller)
5. Hit Pair then hit OK button
6. Unplug the controller
7. Hit the PS3 Button on the controller
8. Wait ~10 seconds.
9. Paired and Done! Now you can game.

Each Time You Want to Game
================================================================
1. Start Sixaxis App
2. Press Start in App
3. Press PS3 button on Controller
4. Wait ~10 seconds.
5. Game!

The above "each time you want to game" takes 15 seconds of your life to use a quality controller, so its REALLY not a big deal.

Just, don't buy PS3 controllers from ebay =) You have been warned!

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
I'm using ps3 controller over Bluetooth with six axis tool. Go to there official site for instructions.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

You missed the very first step; use six axis pair tool to change Bluetooth address on ps3 controller to that of your tablets address.

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
No need to use the PC tool, I paired it successfully just plugging the DualShock 3 into the dock. The app then found the MAC address and I could pair it.

Finire

Oct 24, 2010
New York
I've been through a bunch of controllers, and I really prefer the PS3 controller over the phone joy, onlive, etc. I was turned off in the beginning due to people continuously mentioning the sixaxis app, but after getting it set up, it really works well and it just adds one step before gaming.

I'll make it simple.

First Time Setup
===============================================================
1. You get the application from Play.
2. Run it.
3. Hit the start button in the app.
4. Connect controller via USB cable. (you need it anyway to charge the controller)
5. Hit Pair then hit OK button
6. Unplug the controller
7. Hit the PS3 Button on the controller
8. Wait ~10 seconds.
9. Paired and Done! Now you can game.

Each Time You Want to Game
================================================================
1. Start Sixaxis App
2. Press Start in App
3. Press PS3 button on Controller
4. Wait ~10 seconds.
5. Game!

The above "each time you want to game" takes 15 seconds of your life to use a quality controller, so its REALLY not a big deal.

Just, don't buy PS3 controllers from ebay =) You have been warned!

Are we requiring root for the above processes to work with Sixaxis? I really don't want to root my Infinity, because I don't see the need to. But I also want a controller that will work well. I wonder when Ouya releases there system, if there controller will work universally across android devices.

I didn't want to get an Ouya system though, because of there refusal to leave the standard android market on it, and refusal to support existing games. All games have to be purchased through there own app market.

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
Are we requiring root for the above processes to work with Sixaxis? I really don't want to root my Infinity, because I don't see the need to. But I also want a controller that will work well. I wonder when Ouya releases there system, if there controller will work universally across android devices.

I didn't want to get an Ouya system though, because of there refusal to leave the standard android market on it, and refusal to support existing games. All games have to be purchased through there own app market.

App calls for root but I was wondering if that is true or not as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

GregFromUtah

Dec 19, 2011
West Jordan
I just pre-ordered the Nyko Playpad Pro from Gamestop,

FYI: As per Nyko, Gamestop will be the exclusive distributor for the Playpad Pro until February 2013.

Amazon has preorders on the Playpad and Playpad Pro but the Pro is not available until February 2013 as stated by Nyko. Bummer, I would have preferred to order almost anywhere other than Gamestop since their return policy stinks compared to most others. But I did not want to wait until February either....

Anyone else going for the Playpad or Playpad Pro?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure the ps3 controller works since it does with the prime.

I use the sixaxis tool which requires root but I got my dualshock 3 paired and working in no time.
    PS3 Controller will work with root plus utils

Sixaxis Controller: