[Q] Cyanogenmod 7.2 on Droid 2.3.4 (4.5.621)

Search This thread

promise27

May 16, 2013
Hello, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum section. I'm new to these forums and to rooting/installing ROMs. I recently rooted my Droid 2 using "Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root" method. Everything went well, and was very quick. I then installed Titanium Backup to uninstall some Verizon bloatware.

I want to install Cyanogenmod 7.2. I installed Droid 2 Bootstrapper, and Cyanogenmod 7.2 and placed them on my SD card. I then went to install ClockworkMod ROM Manager on Google Play and it installed.

I was going to backup my current data/apps using Titanium Backup, then backup my current ROM using ClockworkMod. After that I'm a little confised as to which program I'm suppose to install Cyanogenmod 7.2 with.

Do I use from my app screen;

- Droid 2 Bootstrapper and choose "Reboot Recovery"

- ClockworkMod to first backup my current ROM, and then choose its "Reboot into Recovery" option

- Or just reboot my Droid 2 using the "X" key and power button and load the ROM from there? When I do so, Motorola's recovery mode comes up and not ClockworkMod's. Is that normal?

I've also already changed the check_kernel script to "exit 0".

I'm sorry for the long post, this will be my first time and don't want to make my phone useless. Thank you for your help.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Last edited:

jam0688

Jun 27, 2012
Arkansas
you need to use rom manager to flash cwm then use droid 2 bootstrap install the recovery script and then use it to boot into recovery. attempting to use rom manager to boot into recovery will give you the recovery error or itll just normal boot your phone. the reason for bootstrap is bec of the locked bootloader.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
you need to use rom manager to flash cwm then use droid 2 bootstrap install the recovery script and then use it to boot into recovery. attempting to use rom manager to boot into recovery will give you the recovery error or itll just normal boot your phone. the reason for bootstrap is bec of the locked bootloader.
you don't need rom manager for anything. just use the Modified Droid X Bootstrapper
posted in [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X

edit: [HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2/X/3 Bootstrap

Last edited:

jam0688

Jun 27, 2012
Arkansas
But I just noticed if you just use droid 2 bootstrap it flashes the recovery just fine. Before with 2.3.3 it wouldn't without going through ROM manager first.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Oh OK I didn't know that. Never tried it before.

enko93

May 15, 2014
please give me the link in order to download caynogen mode, liberty and other for the droid 2 a955

Last edited:

enko93

May 15, 2014
who has a cm9 with a working camera and how to make the google acount in the cm9?

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Reactions: enko93

enko93

May 15, 2014
thanks i will try

I installed liquid_droid2-ics-v1.5.1 google services are present, photo camera is working and video camera is not working

Last edited:

enko93

May 15, 2014
how to turn off the backlight of qwerty keyboard ? it is always enabled
rom liquid_droid2-ics-v1.5.1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts