[Q] How to unlock if bootloader if bootloader unlock says NO?

Search This thread

Aoi v1

Aug 9, 2012
Hi guys, I just got my hands on a Xperia ZL... it's quite neat! But I wish I could install CM or a custom rom on it. Ok, I tried to check the bootloader and it states:

Rooting status:
Bootloader unlock allowed: no

Is it really locked?? I wanted to unlock it to change to a diferent phone career (which now is not really a problem), but now it seems I won't be able to install a custom rom :( can it be done? Do I need to specify any other characteristic in here?

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Hi guys, I just got my hands on a Xperia ZL... it's quite neat! But I wish I could install CM or a custom rom on it. Ok, I tried to check the bootloader and it states:

Is it really locked?? I wanted to unlock it to change to a diferent phone career (which now is not really a problem), but now it seems I won't be able to install a custom rom :( can it be done? Do I need to specify any other characteristic in here?

Like 3 year olds say... " no means NO!" lol

Unfortunately you are S.O.L for unlocking the BL :(

Aoi v1

Aug 9, 2012
Damn, I haven't done anything to this device! I don't understand why it is locked like that :( Some guy wants to charge me for doing it (I bet he will try to get one of those unlock codes from unlocking sites), but then I think it will be impossible. Thanks for the help!

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Damn, I haven't done anything to this device! I don't understand why it is locked like that :( Some guy wants to charge me for doing it (I bet he will try to get one of those unlock codes from unlocking sites), but then I think it will be impossible. Thanks for the help!

Ya it's not.possible to unlock it. DO NOT give anyone money to do it.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aoi v1

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks for your help, you saved me $30 US :)

No problem!

One good thing is that you can flash stock based Rom's, and we have one of the best out there in Niaboc's ExistenZ Rom.

Flash that Rom, and used the xposed modules, and you can manipulate it to your liking just as much as aosp or CM roms.

Especially xposed modules like "HK Themer" let you install CM themes to stock roms!

Give it a shot! ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2385313

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ya it's not.possible to unlock it. DO NOT give anyone money to do it.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your help, you saved me $30 US :)