Hide Secret Contact, SMS and other data

Search This thread
I'm pretty new to WM and the THD is only my 2nd after TyTn II.

I believe there has been discussion on available software for hiding secret contact, sms and other data but none so in detail for THD.

I've tried Skb Mobile Safety Suite v2.02 but it does not work properly in WVGA. Can anyone advise what other softwares that have the following features?

1. Hide selective Outlook & sim contacts.

• Hide selective Outlook & sim contacts from public section but accessible from password protected section.

• Hide incoming/outgoing/missed call logs from these hidden contacts from public section but accessible from password protected section so that we still can return missed call.

• Discreetly prompt incoming calls or missed calls from hidden contacts so that we can still choose to answer or return the call. It can be a completely discreet with no clues whatsoever or selectable silent or single ring tone, vibration, flashing icon, fake alerts etc.

• Hide contact photo associated with the hidden contact.

2. Hide hidden contact sms or selective sms.

• Hide incoming, received, sent, saved, deleted, draft sms from/to the above hidden contacts or selective sms even if contact are not hidden.

• Discreet prompt for incoming sms as with incoming/missed calls.

• Hide missed call sms alert from selected hidden contacts.

3. Hide any other data.

• This is pretty self explanatory but recommendation is still welcome.

I know the wish list is exhausive but any recommendation and discussion on currently standalone software that can achieve the above features in parts or a combination of different softwares that offer part solution if not complete would be still be very much welcome. Full compatibility may not be an issue for now so long it is still passable. It will be better than having nothing at all.

In the meantime, I also hope developers would pick up the ideas above.

Cheers!

Last edited:

htckaiseruser

May 8, 2008
@ carz73

you said the mobile safety suite doesnt functions properly in wvga, but for what resolution is it? if it supports vga there is a wvga fix for vga only programs

lol, what are you trying to hide from your girlfriend? :eek: just joking :D

Correction. Not girlfriend but girlfriends :p and it's complicated :eek: but I'm not married so I don't think I'm way off my line too much :cool:

Buy a cheap second phone. Much better chance of having your cake and eating it ;);).

Unless I can hide the 2nd phone inside my ass, I'll be creating more suspicion and inviting much more painful experience. :eek:

@ carz73

you said the mobile safety suite doesnt functions properly in wvga, but for what resolution is it? if it supports vga there is a wvga fix for vga only programs

Thanks! I dig around for more info on wvga fix but I doubt Mobile Safety Suite hides sms based on selected contact at the most basic level and will require very much manual intervention. I may be wrong until I try out the fix.

If there's any appz that that hides sms based on selected phone contacts and a separate one that hides the contacts and call logs, I'll take it.

Come on everyone's so squeaky clean? ;) Anyone has any other recommendation?

Edit:

Seems like WVGAFIX3 does not support WVGA <->QVGA which I think is required by Mobile Safety Suite.

Last edited:

hmoroni

Jun 10, 2008
São Paulo
For most of your needs, there is an app which is called Magic Call (MagicCall). Look for it.

With this app you will be able to block calls and sms from certain numbers. It is really cool.

hausen

Mar 25, 2007
For most of your needs, there is an app which is called Magic Call (MagicCall). Look for it.

With this app you will be able to block calls and sms from certain numbers. It is really cool.

i think he wants to hide calls/sms/email from certain contacts in a "secret" folder/area, 'cause he wants to keep contact to the girls and not ignore them ;-)

regards jan

p.s.1: beware of "cheeters"

p.s.2: would be interested in software like that as well ;-)

i think he wants to hide calls/sms/email from certain contacts in a "secret" folder/area, 'cause he wants to keep contact to the girls and not ignore them ;-)

regards jan

p.s.1: beware of "cheeters"

p.s.2: would be interested in software like that as well ;-)

You got it spot on! ;) The key is being discreet and hide the tracks. I think I might have heard of similar appz for symbian. Wonder if the likes of CIAs and FBIs have such a software to stretch it abit... kidding... Actually, even if the appz/solution/workaround have some loopholes, girls being usually less IT savvy, it might still pass and I'll take it.

Thanks! Really apprecite all forms of suggestion.

Just installed and still figuring it out. It does seems complicated and also "block" don't sound very right as jan understood my requirement. Girls are like money. You won't mind if you have more and you certainly don't "block" them. :p

Edit:
hmoroni, MagiCall is obviously a great appz. However, I'm not too sure if it suits my needs. When creating a new rule for incoming calls for the list of selected contacts, under "Operation" tab, options for "Action1" do not seem to suggest anything that will discreetly alert me so that I can choose to answer them when it is convenient to do so. The closest option is "Ignore" but will the ring tone still sound and/or the screen will still openly announce incoming calls rather than discreetly? If it does discreetly, then I'll still have to use another appz to hide the contact from public viewing, in which case I'm not sure MagiCall will still work as the contacts may no longer be recognised by it and therefore the rules will not apply.

Last edited:

xdaman85

Apr 14, 2007
London
hmm, I am sure the functionality you want can be implemented into an application, just cross your fingers and hope that theres a cheating unfaithful pimp developer reading this thread :D lol

But seriously an app that can do that would most likely become very very popular, so popular in fact that eventually windows mobile would gain 99% of the male market segment, and the remaining 1% would be on the FruitIphone :rolleyes:

hmm, I am sure the functionality you want can be implemented into an application, just cross your fingers and hope that theres a cheating unfaithful pimp developer reading this thread :D lol

But seriously an app that can do that would most likely become very very popular, so popular in fact that eventually windows mobile would gain 99% of the male market segment, and the remaining 1% would be on the FruitIphone :rolleyes:

:D

Then perhaps I should write to M$? Bill Gate$ might already have a ready made appz. If not, it does sound like a great biz strategy. He should rope both of us in as advisers. :p

I've been doing lots of searching and reading. There might be some appz that do what I want in parts but the searching and reading gets very tedious and short of trying each and every appz, I can only begin to understand them a little here and there before I think the appz is worth a try. Surely, there should be something that come close. Anyone?

ad_insane

May 4, 2008
It is really strange that there is no such application for WM devices. I know there are some apps for Symbian OS who are successfully working this what you are looking for.

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Nice idea for an application :)
i think i will start working on it, but i will not be using it so don't think much.

maybe also can have a GPS integration so it will know that you are with X girlfriend and it automatically hides everything related to other ones :D

love the idea, let me plan this right :)

HansiHusten

Dec 19, 2006

Pilligrim

Jan 29, 2009
Try those ones
EZ Secret SMS
Skb SMS Manager and Organizer-Ultimate
EasyHelper SMS Security