Unrevoked 3 for Wildfire is now available

Search This thread

rpearl

Jun 22, 2010
Hello,
Unrevoked 3.14 is now available for the Wildfire.

Grab it here and enjoy!

http://www.unrevoked.com/recovery/

Please read the FAQ:
http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/unrevoked2

And install the HBOOT drivers if you are on Windows:
http://www.unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/windows_hboot_driver_install

Good luck, have fun. Please report issues here.

HTC SYNC CAUSES PROBLEMS. DON'T USE IT.
Other programs which communicate with the phone over USB cause problems as well. Disable them until after you have run Unrevoked 3.14

Last edited:

wuliaosuiyue

Feb 24, 2008
HANGZHOU
So, we have two reasons we haven't gotten this out yet:
1) We're pretty burned out at the moment,
2) And three of us now have full semesters of classes to deal with too. We've been focusing on other things.

I hope to get this out this weekend at the latest. But don't quote me on that. Even though it's printed in text right here.

I will update this thread when I have more information.

See you soon.
It's pity. But understand the situation. Just hope they will be fine.

And update the ROOT soon.

Anyway, Take care.

And thanks for the info from Rpearl

Last edited:

TweetyPeety

Recognized Themer
Aug 22, 2010
They should take the time, better a good running root, as a ok running root with 1000 of questions afterwards.

Take you time, university is more important, and when its done, its done. I also appreciate your work and hope for a release soon.

asharifiz

Jul 30, 2010
Hurry up please :)

Hurry up please guys! You can not count how many folks are refreshing unrEVOked page again and again to see the new face on it!

asharifiz

Jul 30, 2010
Backup everything

Hi

I assume the unrEVOked will install a new ROM on the phone, clearing all the data stored on it. So we have to make backup from the phone before rooting it (Is it true?)

So I tried to make the full backup. The best solutions available were the:

1. The Titanium Backup. It needs the BusyBox to be installed. I tried to install BusyBox on my wildfire which was already soft-rooted using MartinEve great work, but it made errors creating a folder under /system/xbin and failed. So Titanium Backup is not a solution now (Again, Is it true?)

2. The Nandroid Backup which is also a perfect tool, but I think it will not work again with the soft-root and needs the unrEVOked root ROM to be installed. (Is it true?)

Finally I have no idea to backup all the phone except simple tools like ASTRO file manager which makes a backup of all applications, etc.

Is there any better idea?

All the best

adeadrat

Jul 31, 2010
Tibro
No idea what the best backup way is.
But unrevoked will not release a ROM.. they are just releasing a.. ehm dont know how to put it... a something that makes it possible to flash other ROMs to your phone

MartinEve

Aug 1, 2010
Hi

I assume the unrEVOked will install a new ROM on the phone, clearing all the data stored on it. So we have to make backup from the phone before rooting it (Is it true?)

So I tried to make the full backup. The best solutions available were the:

1. The Titanium Backup. It needs the BusyBox to be installed. I tried to install BusyBox on my wildfire which was already soft-rooted using MartinEve great work, but it made errors creating a folder under /system/xbin and failed. So Titanium Backup is not a solution now (Again, Is it true?)

2. The Nandroid Backup which is also a perfect tool, but I think it will not work again with the soft-root and needs the unrEVOked root ROM to be installed. (Is it true?)

Finally I have no idea to backup all the phone except simple tools like ASTRO file manager which makes a backup of all applications, etc.

Is there any better idea?

All the best

Hi,

No, the unrEVOked root will simply flash a custom recovery to your phone -- the main partition remains in-tact. That said, you might still want to do a backup using a 3rd party market app if you feel paranoid.

asharifiz

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks Martin.
By the way, end of week is so close, and still there are only 5 faces on the site. We are really waiting

harmohn

Jan 18, 2010
London
Last edited:

wuliaosuiyue

Feb 24, 2008
HANGZHOU
Hi,Anybody can help out?

I just ROOTED my wildfire based on Spearl's special gift for the weekend.

But i found it is still not possible to delete the original software.

Can anybody tell me how to delete it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts