[APP][BETA][Update: 12/8/10]chaosHUD

Search This thread

chaoscentral

Feb 28, 2009
Revere, MA
Information:
Please leave some feedback, the more detailed the better.

This beta will run till 12/12/2010, at that point the file will be automatically unshared and deleted. So please download and give feedback.

About the application:
This is just a basic heads up display application with a bit more info than the ones that I was seeing on the market. It displays your current Speed, direction and time in both regular display and a HUD mode(where it flips the image vertically). To enable hud mode simply tap the screen. To switch back, just tap the screen once more. You can also change the speed units from MPH to KPH by tapping the settings button in the bottom right corner. This application makes use of the GPS for speed and direction, and the internal system clock for the time.

Please note, the application may not function as intended, in this case please leave a reply with what happened, and any steps required to reproduce the error.

Thanks

Updated the beta build to which will most likely be the final beta before release(any major bugs pending of course)

Changelog:
*Added settings menu to switch between KPH and MPH
*Properly calculates correct speed based on setting
*Fixed large number showing across screen
*Added speed type display below speed

Download:
http://www.box.net/shared/z36yp3di32

SS1.PNG

SS2.PNG

SS3.PNG

SS4.PNG

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBXXDbVbzo

Last edited:

sscholz

Mar 19, 2007
You have to unlock your phone and then use xapdeploy which is part of the SDK in the dev toolkit for Win Pohne.

BTW installed just fine and it appears to be working as intended with the exception of instead of stating 0 when you are not moving is states NAN?

chaoscentral

Feb 28, 2009
Revere, MA
You have to unlock your phone and then use xapdeploy which is part of the SDK in the dev toolkit for Win Pohne.

BTW installed just fine and it appears to be working as intended with the exception of instead of stating 0 when you are not moving is states NAN?

Thanks for the feedback, The updated version is at this link let me know if it changes anything.

Last edited:

talontsi07

Feb 17, 2008
Calgary
Thanks for the feedback, The updated version is at this link let me know if it changes anything.

Device: HTC Surround
Provider: Telus

Works on my device with no flaws however I wasn't moving so I'll update my post when I get a chance to try. The app did display "0" and not "waiting for GPS signal" so I am assuming it is communicating with the GPS properly.

Last edited:

chaoscentral

Feb 28, 2009
Revere, MA
Device: HTC Surround
Provider: Telus

Works on my device with no flaws however I wasn't moving so I'll update my post when I get a chance to try. The app did display "0" and not "waiting for GPS signal" so I am assuming it is communicating with the GPS properly.

Thanks for that bit of feedback, it seems I fixed the previous issue of it displaying "NAN" when you were still, if it isn't displaying waiting for GPS that means it should be finding your location properly. Let me know how it goes after trying it out while moving. if all goes well it should find its way into the market.

talontsi07

Feb 17, 2008
Calgary
So when I am moving it shows a 6-7 digit number that runs off of the screen, seems to change when I change speed but the number makes no sence.

chaoscentral

Feb 28, 2009
Revere, MA
Beta 3 is out, download link is the same, please download again and let me know if it works.

Thank you everyone for the feedback, it is very hard trying to debug a location app without actual hardware. So thank you for all your patience and feedback :)

graememk

Apr 18, 2008
Yeah I have the same large number downloaded it this morning about 9am GMT
It would be better to have what units Its going in, mph or km/h

Do you do any checking of the quality of the GPS fix? using the DOP values, i cant rememeber off the top my head what is a good value but the lower it is the better?

other cosmtic things you could have is that you could change the colour of the numbers

you could have a trip counter so you can calculate the average speed and travel time

Hope this helps

agniusm

Feb 25, 2010
Hi, this looks fantastic, credit to creator. I was wandering if this could be done for WM6.5? There is nothing like this on WM iPhone. Just superb

chaoscentral

Feb 28, 2009
Revere, MA
Well I should have a test device very soon so I can debug properly. Once I finish some testing on my own device I will release a new version.

chaoscentral

Feb 28, 2009
Revere, MA
Alrighty, got my HD7 to test this bad boy on, fixed the issues that it had(rather stupid ones :rolleyes:)

Updated the beta build to which will most likely be the final beta before release(any major bugs pending of course)

Changelog:
*Added settings menu to switch between KPH and MPH
*Properly calculates correct speed based on setting
*Fixed large number showing across screen
*Added speed type display below speed

Download:

SS1.PNG

SS2.PNG

SS3.PNG

SS4.PNG

will update first post as well