FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,186 Vote(s)
59.21%
Yes, kind of.

472 Vote(s)
23.56%
No, needs improvement.

345 Vote(s)
17.22%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,718 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,847

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2013, 10:56 AM |#551  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 175

More
MOMO20 tablet v2 firmware
Hi all,

I desparately need the v2 firmware for my MOMO20 tablet. Just wondering if someone already downloaded it cause the original link has now been removed:

http://download.ployer.cn/pr/MOMO20-...1-20130325.rar

If you do own a MOMO20, I just need the contacts.apk from the \system\app folder as I deleted mine and contacts won't load now!

Please upload link or private message me if you can help. THANK YOU!
28th May 2013, 12:32 PM |#552  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cool flashing supersu and supersu bin HELP
at last i manage to install CWM in my mobile Myphone a919i aka micromax a116 by using sp tools method but the problem now is how to flash supersu and supersu bin
as per advice they said that just install update from sd card from CWM which i did but when i reboot and check there is no super su, i did 2 times any suggestion guys, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
28th May 2013, 12:50 PM |#553  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm about to flash stock JB ROM (Central Europe) to my Xperia P. Does it need to be rooted? I'm gonna use Flashtool. My Xperia's on JB 4.1.2 Chinese software so I can't use Google apps
28th May 2013, 01:46 PM |#554  

More
Arm9 Mode help
hello all,
If you could help me with my problem I would be very grateful. My problem is that I own a Samsung galaxy ace which i purchase in 2011. Now the thing is that whenever my phone is loading a Black screen with the writing ARM9 mode, emergency Download mode is always showing when i try to enter Download mode and also when trying to reset to company default by pressing power and home button on the Samsung logo is displayed I have search every site to solve this problem but got none. Please can anyone help me . Removing the battery and trying to enter DL mode shows the same ARM9 mode. my email address is [email protected] PLEASE HELP
28th May 2013, 02:04 PM |#555  

More
Cool MobileUncle
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jim2003

at last i manage to install CWM in my mobile Myphone a919i aka micromax a116 by using sp tools method but the problem now is how to flash supersu and supersu bin
as per advice they said that just install update from sd card from CWM which i did but when i reboot and check there is no super su, i did 2 times any suggestion guys, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Please help!!! Can i use mobileuncle tools for flashing Supersu and supersu bin .. for myphone A919i aka micromax A116..
28th May 2013, 02:33 PM |#556  

More
Is there a "how to root alcatel one touch T10" tutorial here on xda?

Sent from my one touch T10 using xda premium
28th May 2013, 02:46 PM |#557  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does anyone know where I can find the proper mount points/blocks/vold.fstab for my phone?

StraightTalk Samsung Galaxy Proclaim
Stock ROM, rooted + CMW recovery
External SD with two partitions (first partition is normal storage, second partition is for Link2SD)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
28th May 2013, 02:59 PM |#558  

More
Ok, followed instructions I've seen elsewhere. I checked partitions (No partitioning), and reformatted my SD card with default settings Fat32. Still no luck.
28th May 2013, 03:18 PM |#559  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Add 2-step mod in a zip's rom
Hi everybody, i have a little problem and since i'm almost a noob, i hope somebody can help me.
I'm just starting to learn decompile, modify etc etc but i dont know hot to add a "weird" mod. One of the "flash part 1, reboot , open one time the app, reboot , flash part2. done", in particular this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1679670
I understand that opening the first time "generates" something , so how can i add the final game launcher in a zip's rom, before even install the zip's rom itself?
Anyway, i already deodexed the rom i'm working on (just learn how deodex a few days ago, thanks XDA Kitchen )
28th May 2013, 04:01 PM |#560  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajlund

Ok, followed instructions I've seen elsewhere. I checked partitions (No partitioning), and reformatted my SD card with default settings Fat32. Still no luck.

I think I'm going to partition the card and use link 2 sd, anyone have experience with this? Does it work as advertised? At least this way I can add half the card to the internal and have half the card to store media.
28th May 2013, 04:24 PM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajlund

I think I'm going to partition the card and use link 2 sd, anyone have experience with this? Does it work as advertised? At least this way I can add half the card to the internal and have half the card to store media.

I have done this.

I will be honest and say I've not ready any of the previous posts to understand your problem but to help quickly with Link2SD...

First and foremost, not all phones can recognise all disk formats. Your best bet is to format the SD card on your computer using FAT as all phones can read this format. Make two partitions, both primary. Preferably, so you lose no data, backup your SD card then split the current partition into two partitions, both primary and the new one FAT.

Link2SD does require root and busybox.

Now when you put the card back in, the first partition will act like a normal SD card and Link2SD will create a mount script for the second partition so that it mounts at boot as part of the system.

The only think Link2SD does is gives you the ability to link non-system files to the SD. What that means basically is that the application and/or dalvik-cache file and/or library files are moved to that second partition you created and a symlink is created that causes the phone to believe the applications are installed to the internal device memory.

It does work as advertised, I have and currently use it, but I don't know if it will help with what your problem is (as I didn't read).

Now the reason I used it was because the Stock Samsung ROM's (Android 2.3.5- at last 4.0.1) have some sort of error where if too many apps are installed to the SD, it goes into rebooting infinitely. The Link2SD fixed that issue for me. I've called Samsung 3 times and sent them tons of information about this well documented and well known bug and anyone else who ever has, and some people also have and tell me that Samsung had no idea of this issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)