FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,187 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

474 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

345 Vote(s)
17.20%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,857

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th May 2013, 11:39 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flashing Jelly Bean on to sgs 2 i9100
Welcome everyone

This morning i decided to update my sgs to jelly bean and i think things could have gone wrong...
Simply, flashing stuck on MLO and its been like that for a last hour and what im wondering is can i stop the process without damaging phone or shall i just wait till it finish?How long does it normally take to flash? Im little worry that i lost my phone

Cant put ss because less then 10 posts sorry
Bruce Wayne
4th May 2013, 11:49 AM |#72  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by havrannek

Welcome everyone

This morning i decided to update my sgs to jelly bean and i think things could have gone wrong...
Simply, flashing stuck on MLO and its been like that for a last hour and what im wondering is can i stop the process without damaging phone or shall i just wait till it finish?How long does it normally take to flash? Im little worry that i lost my phone

Cant put ss because less then 10 posts sorry

Never mind. I understand your problem.
What you got to do now is pull out the battery. Keep it like that.
Follow my instructions here.

See for odin flashable stock roms from your region in your device's forum. Download one. Download odin from same thread(i am sure it'll be there). Install samsung mobile drivers on your PC. Open odin.
Now put back the battery. Press vol. down + power on + home button all at same time till your phone's logo appears. It'll show a warning status. Press up button again. You will now see the downloading screen. Connect phone with usb cable to PC. wait for odin to show a blue box on top left side with something like COM : idxxxx written on it. Select files you wan't to flash and click on start. It'll do the rest. Again if you didn't understand my instructions, read from the thread where you will be downloading the firmware. Or simply watch a youtube video to be clear. Goodluck

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 11:52 AM |#73  

More
Good day sirs!

I stumbled upon Sir Hafidzduddin's work here..

Can anyone please tell me if I could use this custom kerrnel in my rooted I8160 in JB please?
I can't post in the exact forum yet so I asked it here...

Thanks in advance!
4th May 2013, 11:53 AM |#74  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne

Never mind. I understand your problem.
What you got to do now is pull out the battery. Keep it like that.
Follow my instructions here.

See for odin flashable stock roms from your region in your device's forum. Download one. Download odin from same thread(i am sure it'll be there). Install samsung mobile drivers on your PC. Open odin.
Now put back the battery. Press vol. down + power on + home button all at same time till your phone's logo appears. It'll show a warning status. Press up button again. You will now see the downloading screen. Connect phone with usb cable to PC. wait for odin to show a blue box on top left side with something like COM : idxxxx written on it. Select files you wan't to flash and click on start. It'll do the rest. Again if you didn't understand my instructions, read from the thread where you will be downloading the firmware. Or simply watch a youtube video to be clear. Goodluck

Thaks for quick response
Thats exaclly what ive dont to start flashin jelly.
Just one more question by "stock rom" you mean 2.3.5 gingerbread (thats what i had)?
Bruce Wayne
4th May 2013, 12:12 PM |#75  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by havrannek

Thaks for quick response
Thats exaclly what ive dont to start flashin jelly.
Just one more question by "stock rom" you mean 2.3.5 gingerbread (thats what i had)?

What you just had officially from samsung. Or else you can simply flash of any other custom rom from cwm recovery by wiping data/cache and dalvick cache. It should work both ways. Use the button if you need to say thanks. Also go through the first post of this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Bruce Wayne
4th May 2013, 12:14 PM |#76  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_0806

Good day sirs!

I stumbled upon Sir Hafidzduddin's work here..

Can anyone please tell me if I could use this custom kerrnel in my rooted I8160 in JB please?
I can't post in the exact forum yet so I asked it here...

Thanks in advance!

Yes if the kernel supports JB. Whats the version of kernel?
Also you can ask in your device's Q&A section. You'd get better responses as those people might have tested if its working or not. No problems asking here though

4th May 2013, 12:27 PM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Custom roms
firstly i apogolize if anybody ask this question before;

İf i want to make a custom rom like cyonagenmod, which programming language firstly use.

e.g.; İ will download main android rom and make it like cyonagenmod.

Most develpers modify cyonagenmod etc. roms but i wonder which programming language usng for develop a unique rom.

im learning java about 1-2 months and im new and ambitious. am i in the right way?
Bruce Wayne
4th May 2013, 12:34 PM |#78  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharatlil

firstly i apogolize if anybody ask this question before;

İf i want to make a custom rom like cyonagenmod, which programming language firstly use.

e.g.; İ will download main android rom and make it like cyonagenmod.

Most develpers modify cyonagenmod etc. roms but i wonder which programming language usng for develop a unique rom.

im learning java about 1-2 months and im new and ambitious. am i in the right way?

I think you should first learn to write some basic apps. There is thread for this by cyanogen himself. Wait till I get you the link.

Edit. Here is the link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=667298
Go through the first page. Also goodluck for the developement.
4th May 2013, 07:56 PM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
help please
hello everyone..i need help....i'm traying to root prestigio 4040 but i fail....can some one help me please....what program do i juse? link for it? or tell me what i had to do?? and why my prestigio dosent have a beeter recovery mode? ples help in here or contact me on private message....sry for bad english
4th May 2013, 08:03 PM |#80  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 9,192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeby

hello everyone..i need help....i'm traying to root prestigio 4040 but i fail....can some one help me please....what program do i juse? link for it? or tell me what i had to do?? and why my prestigio dosent have a beeter recovery mode? ples help in here or contact me on private message....sry for bad english

I'm not familiar with the device, but I did find this thread with steps to root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1991842

Post # 3 has the steps taken to gain root. If you have any other questions, problems or concerns, feel free to ask
5th May 2013, 01:11 AM |#81  

More
Hi all, does anyone knows how can i create a shortcut or mirror folder to a network folder?
Would like to download some torrents with tablet, saving on network hard drive...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)