Memory card class

Search This thread

DEAD_CPU

Jan 21, 2014
I have been using Samsung 32 gb micro sd card class 6 for 4 years since my HTC EVO days. Since I root my android phones and need heavy storage space for nanoid and flashing roms. A nanoid backup on the HTC EVO used to be 500mb, 2 gb on a Samsung s3 and now a wooing 5gb on a note 3. I decideded to upgrade to Strontium 64 gb class 10 Nitro sd card for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It worked fine the 1st day but my phone stopped detecting it the next day my note 3. I tried formatting it but my note 3 just wouldn't detect it. I am seriously disappointed with the Strontium 64gb Nitro Micro Sd card class 10. Since it was in warranty I sent it back expecting a replacement but my exitement turned to disappointment when they refused to replace it saying the took a few photographs and stored it on the sd card and it was fine. Inspite of me telling them to try to store heavy data the would not listen. I had to let of 20% as restocking fees.
On the other hand Sandisk ultra 64gb class 10 card is working fine for past one week which I purchased thereafter. I just find it a little slower on benchmarks as compared to Strontium 64gb class 10. Sandisk is my choice.

What speed did you get on your strontium nitro...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which class sd card is best for samsung galaxy grand duos n which one...16gb or 32gb?

if your gamer use class 10 sd card ... of u wan to plays lots of games then buy 64gb .... 32 gb will be fully stored after installing near about 15 hd games

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda premium
    I just want it for normal use bt i heard from ma frnds that class 4 lags while watching full hd videos
    datz y im confused:(
    GO FOR class 10
    I just want it for normal use bt i heard from ma frnds that class 4 lags while watching full hd videos
    datz y im confused:(

Go for sand disk ultra 64gb class 10 memory cards.. The speed u can get better than any quad core mediatek processor... It will not increase the cpu and ram speed. Sd cards will only help to increase I/O performance of phone which is good advantage for games and hd videos..

Sent from Gt-I9082 stock AMCD firmware
    I am using a class 4 sandisk 32GB card and did experience some lags (very minor) while playing HD games but nothing serious to disrupt gameplay. But I am nearly out of space on the card as I have installed lots of HD games and stored lots of photos and videos etc (I use the Galaxy cam to take lots of photos). So only solution seems to get a 64GB card. But I was told that though Grand supports 64GB card, it hangs frequently and that the Galaxy phones in India do not support class 10 cards !!!...is this true? Now I am in a fix and can't decide what to do.
    Please advise if I shud stick to the class 4 32GB or upgrade to class 10 64 GB. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

am using Samsung 64 GB MicroSD Pro Class 10 & before this used SanDisk MicroSDHC 32GB Class 4
    yet to face any issue

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

What is the cost of 32gb, class 10 card in India?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda premium

SanDisk Memory Card Mobile Ultra 32 GB Class 10
    1725Rs
    I am using a class 4 sandisk 32GB card and did experience some lags (very minor) while playing HD games but nothing serious to disrupt gameplay. But I am nearly out of space on the card as I have installed lots of HD games and stored lots of photos and videos etc (I use the Galaxy cam to take lots of photos). So only solution seems to get a 64GB card. But I was told that though Grand supports 64GB card, it hangs frequently and that the Galaxy phones in India do not support class 10 cards !!!...is this true? Now I am in a fix and can't decide what to do.
    Please advise if I shud stick to the class 4 32GB or upgrade to class 10 64 GB. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

There is no problem in using class 10 64gb for galaxy grand. Myself using class 10 32gb for 5 months without any problem. Thinking to shift 64gb class 10 card..

Sent from my GT-I9082