[ROM][MIUIv5] 3.4.12 - Sky

Search This thread
A

Arisenhavok91

thanks for the rom, any chance of including spanish in the language pack?

Unfortunately Benso stated that the person providing the spanish translation deleted his repository completely and without warning, and hasn't responded to anyone's messages. I took years of Spanish in highschool and jr.highschool, but there's no way I'd have time to do a translation nor would it be even 50% correct >.<... so until someone steps up and does it, unfortunately it won't be included.

Sorry :(

A

Arisenhavok91

Wow now I am stuck on the white AT&T screen. Cant even get into recovery. I tried wiping system and reflashing miui 2.8.10 (Cloud) and I think thats how I got into this messed up state.

To be completely honest your best bet is to boot into download mode and flash back to stock. If you're capable of doing that, boot into recovery and flash into clockwork mod. From there, install the latest JellyBean Kernel, go to Advanced and select Reboot to Recovery, then flash my rom.

And yes, to go from ICS to JB the partitions changed. If you flashed to JB and it didn't work, flashing back to ICS isn't going to work either.

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
To be completely honest your best bet is to boot into download mode and flash back to stock. If you're capable of doing that, boot into recovery and flash into clockwork mod. From there, install the latest JellyBean Kernel, go to Advanced and select Reboot to Recovery, then flash my rom.

And yes, to go from ICS to JB the partitions changed. If you flashed to JB and it didn't work, flashing back to ICS isn't going to work either.

Cant I Odin flash Devil kernel (TAR) from CM10 to get recovery back? Following that won't a nandroid restore put me back into a safe place?

My fear is if I run odin to KK4 I will lose all data in /sdcard which means all my backups would be wiped. This is why it's vital to copy your phone backups to the EMMC/micro-sd card or your PC!

A

Arisenhavok91

You should be able to and I don't think it would hurt to try. Flash devil and restore your nandroid and let me know

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
Flashed Devil3_1.1.3_JellyBean_cappy_CFS_BLN_CMC_20120807.tar using Odin>PDA no reboot or f.reset was successful. Tried three button and either I waited long enough THIS time or flashing that tar fixed it. Re-flashed this ROM and allowed it to boot fully. (Stupid me step) copied backups to PC! Flashed the CORRECT ICS-Miui base ROM I was using and now restoring Nandroid backup. No errors/warnings yet which makes me feel I'm all restored again.

This jelly bean rom seemed to power off without warning and I was not able to attach the debugger to find out what was going on. Thats what prompted me to restore back to ICS and wait for Miui Jelly Bean rev-3 or 4!

-Nandroid restore successful.

Reactions: tkjeeper
A

Arisenhavok91

That's because deep idle is enabled. Use nstools to disable deep idle and it won't die on you randomly

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
That's because deep idle is enabled. Use nstools to disable deep idle and it won't die on you randomly

Anytime I flash new ICS kernels or next versions, deep idle is always disabled. At least thats how I remember it the past few months. If I feel adventerous this weekend, I'll reflash and check those settings. I see Semaphore has a jelly bean kernel, that might help also.

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
Anytime I flash new ICS kernels or next versions, deep idle is always disabled. At least thats how I remember it the past few months. If I feel adventerous this weekend, I'll reflash and check those settings. I see Semaphore has a jelly bean kernel, that might help also.

I'm with you pcguy, I had the same issue. Came from helly bean. Flashed twice, normal, got all set up, worked ok, similar to the other jb miui, started to slow after a half hour, so I tried to restore my nandroid in the same method that has worked 4-5 times coming from cm10, got stuck in devil screen, had to Odin a kernel for the first time in a year! Nandroid restored, should have heeded your warning askpcguy. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

A

Arisenhavok91

Its because of the partition change with cm10. This is cm10 based with a different partition set.

Also, deep idle is automatically enabled with devil 1.2.1 it seems. I'm not a fan >…< and right now the tweak apps from ICS won't work. Those apps are from Andy and I don't want to alter his apps. I will wait for him to make them compatible to include them.

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
That would make sense, except I mentioned I've flashed back to my nandroid from cm10 several times without having to Odin. Fwiw, this rom was much faster during setup than the other jb miui rom. But soon became laggy, that's with only 30 apps restored, and oc'd and tweaked devil! This was the case with cm10 before devil was available for it, and I haven't tried cm10 with devil yet, but I'm hesitant. I am really almost perfect on cbalt's v25 helly bean. It seems data data is really necessary for our cappys and jb. Unless you haven't run a different version of jb, and try cm10, it'll seem ok, but once you try helly bean, you'll see what I mean. Thanks for the effort. Miui still holds the record for me for the longest I stayed with the same rom. Hope to see it again someday.

A

Arisenhavok91

Yeah. I don't have any issues without data data. It really just depends...

A

Arisenhavok91

Just a quick heads up, I removed zipalign from 1.3. After multiple attempts to recreate the issue with and without zipalign, every time it was included in a rom, on reboot it would cause my music files to increase by exactly the amount of music I had. (i.e. 1000 to 2000 to 3000). I believe that when zipalign re-aligns the apk files, it in some way alters the music.apk's ability to see the files that were previously added, so it polls for current music and then adds the new files. However, it doesn't delete the old non-working files.

It may just be a coincidence, but I don't think zipalign's features are beneficial enough to deal with the stress of the music app closing after trying to play 10-15 songs unsuccessfully.

Thanks all.

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
I have seen that music player problem, after a reboot the amount of songs doubles and they are phantom files. The player cannot find them.

About this rom and devil kernel, I have better luck on Semaphore which now has a jelly bean kernel. I may give that a try.

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
I have seen that music player problem, after a reboot the amount of songs doubles and they are phantom files. The player cannot find them.

About this rom and devil kernel, I have better luck on Semaphore which now has a jelly bean kernel. I may give that a try.

Good luck, not this cat, once bitten twice shy.

Golan89

Aug 3, 2010
beautiful rom, I only got 1 issue..

When I first flashed it and tried to turn on the internet using data button, it said I've made the specific amount of data transfer for my package, and if I want to re-enable it.. Pressing "re-enable it" made a FC on system UI.. and no data. Now, after many tries, it stopped with the FC but it doesn't activate my data, not through toggles nor the main settings..

what should I do? It's a really beautiful rom and I'd like to keep it

A

Arisenhavok91

beautiful rom, I only got 1 issue..

When I first flashed it and tried to turn on the internet using data button, it said I've made the specific amount of data transfer for my package, and if I want to re-enable it.. Pressing "re-enable it" made a FC on system UI.. and no data. Now, after many tries, it stopped with the FC but it doesn't activate my data, not through toggles nor the main settings..

what should I do? It's a really beautiful rom and I'd like to keep it

Boot into recovery --> wipe data/factory reset ---> wipe cache ---> advanced ---> wipe dalvik cache --> flash again. See if the issue is still there, as you're the first person to have this issue... and I toggle my data on/off all the time. only 200 meg :/

A

Arisenhavok91

Checking out the new build 2.0 based off 2.8.24 ... will update soon. :)

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
I just realized this, with Jelly Bean being released and available for the Captivate; has development halted for Miui ICS on the Captivate? All the threads that used to be for MIUI ICS are now Jelly Bean.

Top Liked Posts