[APP] Outlook Cleaner 0.991 [2009.08.21]

Search This thread

GeekBoy

Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
This version is working quite nicely now zaijian (iPaq 210 VGA WM6.0).

nice work!:D

would like to exit from the "clean" screen rather than having to go back to the "warning" screen. Perhaps conside making the warning a splash screen.

Shouldn't merging 2 contacts result in having just one?

zaijian

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2006
would like to exit from the "clean" screen rather than having to go back to the "warning" screen. Perhaps conside making the warning a splash screen.

Good idea, i'll add in an "Exit" menu item from each screen (in addition to "Back").

Shouldn't merging 2 contacts result in having just one?

Yes it should, can you tell me what you're doing in the merge screen and what the result is?

dgalietto

Feb 24, 2009
Lake Forest, CA
WinMo 6.5 Chrome ROM - App works Magnificently

I have been plagued with a cluttered contact list for longer than I can remember. This app installled perfect on my ROM and deleted 255 duplicates and found 48 sets of near duplicates. I was thinking of taking a day to do what this app did in less than 2 minutes.

Thank you so much,
Dan

zaijian

Oct 24, 2006
I have been plagued with a cluttered contact list for longer than I can remember. This app installled perfect on my ROM and deleted 255 duplicates and found 48 sets of near duplicates. I was thinking of taking a day to do what this app did in less than 2 minutes.

Thank you so much,
Dan

Glad you found it useful, Dan. Thanks for the donation!

tugas2khas

Dec 15, 2006
I just install it (v 0.99) to PDA Corner WM6.5 rom on kaiser...
When i first run it detect and delete few hundreds of duplicate contacts... now i have 104 near duplicates...

after close, i was presented with the list of names.... but upon activating it i got error message. The error as below:
Code:
OutlookCleaner.exe
NullReferenceException

at e.z(ContactProperty A_0, Object A_1)
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesEditorDialog`2.e()
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesEditorDialog`2.o(NearDuplicatesRecord`1 A_0)
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesListDialog`2.b()
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesListDialog`2.n(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnItemActivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.HandleItemActivate(Int32 iItem)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
   at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterModalDialog(IntPtr hwnModal)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
   at j.k(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc(Control ctlThis, WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
   at i.f(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc(Control ctlThis, WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
   at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
   at aj.a()
This is really a useful apps... hope you can find what cause the problem.

zaijian

Oct 24, 2006
I just install it (v 0.99) to PDA Corner WM6.5 rom on kaiser...
When i first run it detect and delete few hundreds of duplicate contacts... now i have 104 near duplicates...

after close, i was presented with the list of names.... but upon activating it i got error message. The error as below:
Code:
OutlookCleaner.exe
NullReferenceException

at e.z(ContactProperty A_0, Object A_1)
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesEditorDialog`2.e()
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesEditorDialog`2.o(NearDuplicatesRecord`1 A_0)
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesListDialog`2.b()
   at Com.PhilChuang.Mobile.Apps.OutlookCleaner.Forms.AbstractNearDuplicatesListDialog`2.n(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnItemActivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.HandleItemActivate(Int32 iItem)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
   at j.k(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at i.f(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
   at aj.a()
This is really a useful apps... hope you can find what cause the problem.

Thanks for the bug report - does this happen for every contact, or only certain contacts?

i'm not exactly sure what's causing this error, but I think I can tweak things a bit to prevent this issue.

tugas2khas

Dec 15, 2006
yes, it happens on every contact...
later, i remove some of the near duplicate contact ... and it work all right... maybe too many near duplicates?...

NewYorkLaw

Sep 21, 2008
staten island, new york
I have 1880 contacts. During the "H's" it appears to freeze (version .991). the cursor flickers at: Processing "Ha|
I waited 10 minutes, but nothing. When I re-ran the program, it got stuck in the same place, but i clicked "close" and then i got a menu that showed me about 20 near matches. I went through and either kept or merged them all, continued, and then it started a scan again, again being stuck at the H's.
Any ideas? Do I have too many contacts? I really wanted this to work and will try anything you suggest to help you iron-out kinks.
HTC Touch Diamond, currently running EnergyRom.
Pete

jadorexda

Oct 15, 2009
Works Like a Dream

Thanks loads for this app. Found out about it through wmexperts podcast. Have just downloaded it and it has found 164 duplicates and 17 near duplicates. And to think I was going to get rid of all the duplicates manually - had in fact started recently to do that. I started out with 420 contacts and now reduced to 256 (39% reduction) in about 1min. Whoopee! Know I shouldn't be so pleased by a little bit of housekeeping but am. :)
Thanks once again.

tmushy

Jan 13, 2007
Thanks for the app a lifesaver
I dont know what happened to exchange but i ended up having 12000 duplicate contacts

nhedgehog

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks!

I tried several Apps for this task:
Dupededupe; TrineFix and others
Yours I've found most convenient because:
1) It really found all duplicates.
2) It gives me an option to manually handle not so obvious cases.
3) Its only demanding NetCF 2 and not 3.5, saving me some precious RAM.

Thanks a lot.

Cpt-Future

Dec 1, 2008
Thanks for this great app! Reduced my contacts down from ~1000 to ~300! Now I need such a tool for my SMS duplicates! Will you include SMS function or is an app out there kill redundant SMS?

Thanks,
Future