FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CMC-GUI] [DAILY] [PPA] Cyanogenmod Compiler Daily [Depreciated]

3,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,980
 
By lithid-cm, Inactive Recognized Developer on 28th December 2011, 05:45 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
1st January 2012, 02:04 PM |#301  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Building CM with Patch
I'm interested in building CM with a patch applied, specifically to aid in testing this patch:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...l?id=2801#c192

Is there an easy way with CMC to build CM with custom patch(es) integrated?

Worst case it'll at least fully set up the repos for me.

Thanks for the tool, your timing is excellent.
 
 
1st January 2012, 02:13 PM |#302  
lithid-cm's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf1911

I'm interested in building CM with a patch applied, specifically to aid in testing this patch:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...l?id=2801#c192

Is there an easy way with CMC to build CM with custom patch(es) integrated?

Worst case it'll at least fully set up the repos for me.

Thanks for the tool, your timing is excellent.

I have not had the chance to build the functions to processes custom patches. Something I have been wanting to try out. I will have a few hours today to see if I can get something working.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
1st January 2012, 02:23 PM |#303  
lithid-cm's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of16

happy new year

now i tried to compile it:

Code:
/home/heinzelp/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 392: 19885 Killed                  $CMC_FUNCTIONS/loading  (wd: ~/CMC)


btw. i guess now are root-rights necessary? cause without them ill get this error in the compile log:
Code:
including vendor/cyanogen/vendorsetup.sh

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=2.3.7
TARGET_PRODUCT=cyanogen_vision
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=false
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=GINGERBREAD
============================================

ionice: ioprio_set failed: Operation not permitted
will it be possible to remove all languages except english and another (in my case german)?

btw. can i use the same repo with two users and for two different phones(e.g. with symlinks)?

Root is not needed. If you set it up as root though you need to change ownership. If two users want to build on the report best way would be to create a common partition that a group has access to. For instance the group could be cm. Download the repo to the common partion and allow access to use those files by group. The CMC uses the users local. cmcrc file to save per user attributes. So doesn't matter which user goes to use the cmc (which should be in a common place as well. ) without symlinks it will know what your doing.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
1st January 2012, 03:18 PM |#304  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the prompt response. I have another small suggestion as well, unless I misunderstood one of the prompts during the initial repo setup it seems that both GB and ICS will be downloaded for all platforms. That's a lot of downloading (it's been running for 2 hours for me now), it might be interesting to be able to limit versions and platforms before the initial download.

My apologies if this has been covered in thread already, and thanks again.

Happy New Year.
1st January 2012, 03:23 PM |#305  
lithid-cm's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf1911

Thanks for the prompt response. I have another small suggestion as well, unless I misunderstood one of the prompts during the initial repo setup it seems that both GB and ICS will be downloaded for all platforms. That's a lot of downloading (it's been running for 2 hours for me now), it might be interesting to be able to limit versions and platforms before the initial download.

My apologies if this has been covered in thread already, and thanks again.

Happy New Year.

I wouldn't be able to control that without forking every repository that cm has. Their repos keep every version. I'm not sure if there is a way to do that while syncing their repo.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
1st January 2012, 07:15 PM |#306  
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City, MO
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Code:
/home/warboy/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 393: 16629 Killed                 
 $CMC_FUNCTIONS/loading  (wd: ~/CMC)

What happened here? is it still compiling or what?
1st January 2012, 07:51 PM |#307  
lithid-cm's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboy

Code:
/home/warboy/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 393: 16629 Killed                 
 $CMC_FUNCTIONS/loading  (wd: ~/CMC)

What happened here? is it still compiling or what?

That's what happens when you don't kill a child process correctly. Its not an error. Just the parent script killing the loading process.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
1st January 2012, 07:58 PM |#308  
NOOOOoooooo....
It was so close:

Optimizing MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk...
BFD: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/repack.d/ota/system/lib/modules/st2TDfKQ: warning: sh_link not set for section `.ARM.exidx'
BFD: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/repack.d/ota/system/lib/modules/st2TDfKQ: warning: sh_link not set for section `.ARM.exidx.exit.text'
BFD: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/repack.d/ota/system/lib/modules/st2TDfKQ: warning: sh_link not set for section `.ARM.exidx.init.text'
Zipping package...
Signing package...
Cleaning up...

Package complete: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip
5343b7204113befc7c63b5ea96df9f00 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip
/usr/local/src/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 392: 14459 Killed $CMC_FUNCTIONS/loading (wd: /usr/local/src/CMC)
/usr/local/src/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 394: pwd /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB//out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip.md5sum: division by 0 (error token is "/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB//out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip.md5sum")

-----------

Although:
dir /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 hepcat hepcat 104981756 2012-01-01 10:52 /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip

Hrmmm.. Not sure where that divby0 error is coming from then?
1st January 2012, 08:06 PM |#309  
1of16's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Code:
error: .repo/manifests/: contains uncommitted changes
what does that mean ? tried to sync the repo on another laptop....first used git, cause i couldnt change it from the start...after the usal error i switches to https and wanna sync again and cant
1st January 2012, 08:07 PM |#310  
lithid-cm's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_hepcat

It was so close:


Optimizing MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk...
BFD: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/repack.d/ota/system/lib/modules/st2TDfKQ: warning: sh_link not set for section `.ARM.exidx'
BFD: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/repack.d/ota/system/lib/modules/st2TDfKQ: warning: sh_link not set for section `.ARM.exidx.exit.text'
BFD: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/repack.d/ota/system/lib/modules/st2TDfKQ: warning: sh_link not set for section `.ARM.exidx.init.text'
Zipping package...
Signing package...
Cleaning up...

Package complete: /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip
5343b7204113befc7c63b5ea96df9f00 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip
/usr/local/src/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 392: 14459 Killed $CMC_FUNCTIONS/loading (wd: /usr/local/src/CMC)
/usr/local/src/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 394: pwd /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB//out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip.md5sum: division by 0 (error token is "/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB//out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip.md5sum")

-----------

Although:
dir /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 hepcat hepcat 104981756 2012-01-01 10:52 /usr/local/src/CMC/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/galaxys2/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyS2-KANG-signed.zip

Hrmmm.. Not sure where that divby0 error is coming from then?

It is there the is located in that package complete path

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
1st January 2012, 08:08 PM |#311  
lithid-cm's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of16

Code:
error: .repo/manifests/: contains uncommitted changes
what does that mean ? tried to sync the repo on another laptop....first used git, cause i couldnt change it from the start...after the usal error i switches to https and wanna sync again and cant

Switch it back to git and sync again.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes