[ROM] [GSM] Roto JMI Pre-Rooted Firmware v2 [Feb 4, 2011]

Search This thread

rotohammer

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
did upgrade to JMI ROTO-upgrade, but not so good as I find some appllicazioni movie store (samsung) samsung apps and there are only three applications, the CSC is set well in ITV, how?

I wroteup notes on how to change the csc without wiping, let me find it and post the link.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10464972&postcount=454

Just use ITV in place of XEU.

Edit: I had to add the command after "remount rw /system":
Code:
mkdir /system/csc/

Last edited:
Reactions: John Crichton

manix2000

Mar 9, 2009
Screen Time Out nor working

Anyone else having problems with screen timeout? Doesn't seem to work on mine... I haven't changed the default setting (30 seconds), but the screen stays on...

I'm having the same problem: screen time out is not working on my device. Nevertheless, great work, Roto!

fei243

Oct 14, 2006
Hi all,

I have two questions:

1.Can I flash the ROM before converting to EXT4?

2.What Pit, Phone and CSC files should I flash? My tab is China unicom edition. Can I use the offical phone and csc files (from ZCKA2 ROM)?

Thanks in advance.

mauwri37

Oct 26, 2010
Modena,Emilia Romagna Italiy
errore reader hub update (samsung apps)

if I try to update when you open hub reader apps for samsung to download it gives me error: service unavailable (4002) and therefore does not update, then I'm not from the 35 applications that should be given but only 3. reflash the csc?

gadgetuk99

Oct 29, 2007
How do you enter this roto..

adb shell
su
remount rw /system
echo XEU > /system/csc/sales_code.dat
remount ro /system

As I'm new to this...to get all the samsung apps back
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

docangle

Feb 3, 2005
Screen Time Out Issues

My system will not go into standby (Screen Timeout) either, even after a full upgrade with nothing installed.

I think it may have to do with 'Airplane Mode' if it in enabled (even with WIFI On or Off) it will not go into standby, but if you take the system out of Airplane Mode it works fine. Can others test this out and see if they can duplicate this issue.

zyborg

Jun 21, 2008
Holmegaard
www.linkedin.com
I just ran the screen calibration once, and now the screen timeout seems to be working as intended. Strange...

My system will not go into standby (Screen Timeout) either, even after a full upgrade with nothing installed.

I think it may have to do with 'Airplane Mode' if it in enabled (even with WIFI On or Off) it will not go into standby, but if you take the system out of Airplane Mode it works fine. Can others test this out and see if they can duplicate this issue.

bert269

Account currently disabled
Jul 17, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
So I was trying to be 'major clever'..and screwed up.

First off: Thanks RotoHammer - Great work. I really appreciate your effort to get this latest ROM out for us.

Then, less bright (on my side). I was on EXT4 rom and wanted to flash this JMI. Well, what I could find out was that you need the .pit file and select 're-partition', together with a ROM. I selected these as well as the original CSC (from the samfirmware package).....no go during boot, just got a samsung logo and bootloop.

I tried everything, Flashing older ROMS, with pit file - no go. over and over. bootloop, time and time again.

Then, eventually I left the CSC file out and wow - it booted. So I guess this ROM does contains a CSC entry and does not like it when one was specified in Odin?

Then it booted, but I had no modem. So I re-flashed the modem and PDA (and to be sure did a repartition with the .pit file) and all is well. Booted fine and modem was working.

Strange. Makes me pray that either everyone will go with CWM + EXT4 or we can get CWM working on RFS (guess that is not going to happen).

Sorry - just me experience last night with JMI.

now I see that MoDaCo has his Beta7 out, so EXT4 here I come (again!)
Does not learn do I? But it's so mucho-funno to be a flash-whore!

xko

Jul 8, 2008
Monaco
Thanks so much roto for your great work my tab working like charm

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

nezr

Oct 20, 2009
Hello
Please help me add on Chinese characters to this ROM.
How can i do that?

Heppieboeddah

Feb 14, 2008
... or he could just install "Android Terminal Emulator" from Android Market and enter the following lines of code:

Code:
su
remount rw /system
echo XEU > /system/csc/sales_code.dat
remount ro /system

That did it..Thanks.

Are the codes country or region specific? I do have entered the XEU now, and wouldt like to have the code for Europe or more specific the Netherlands?! Or is it even possible to enter more codes in the csc-dir

Tia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since JMG has wifi isuues, I jumped onto JMI !

I've created this for folks who want a safe and easy to install firmware.

This firmware is for any NA, Euro or Asian GSM Tab. They don't contain and won't install protected bootloaders.

All the files are here:
    http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/Rotohammer/JMI/

Note:Please backup your apps and settings with Titanium Backup from the market.
    Write down ALL your current APN settings in Settings/Wireless/Mobile/Access Point Names/, the one with the green dot next to it. There is 14 settings in all.

New Feb 4, 2011 Roto-JMI-v2
    Fixes:
    • Replace cache with that of JMG so Upgrade wont wipe apps.
    • Remove Eng dictionary due to FC's until a fix is found
    Code:
    b708f71257ce83d9bf7089fc2ff623db  Roto-JMI-Full-v2.zip
    66c1b8efbff6f10c8b5b3f26cf11f9d0  Roto-JMI-Upgrade-v2.zip

New Feb 3, 2011 Roto-JMI-v1

Warning: Even the upgrade with wipe your /data, so backup first!

Fixes:
    • Stock JMG Swype (fullscreen version FC's sorry)
    • Added OpenVPN
    • Gallery app from Overcome ROM, as stock one keeps FC'ing
    • Added cifs.ko
    • Added slow-work.ko
    • Added tun.ko
    • Ebook app already there
    • Added car home
    • Added all language locales
    • Added AppWidgetPicker
    • Added module loader script
    • Added perf tweaks
    • Full version wipes sdcard if corrupt
    Code:
    abaa94af8c9fb868459dac0d231dfe9e  Roto-JMI-Full-v1.zip
    8ab42612496640b00a661b8de80f09f6  Roto-JMI-Upgrade-v1.zip

Flash using Odin, using PDA button for any file you flash. If you need/want to flash the addons too, use the PHONE and CSC buttons, they all do the same thing.

Simple how-to guide here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=895827
    i think he got rid of his tab and nolonger does anything with it but gives advice... as far as wifi signal wen using this firmware there were no issuses but also once u change the rom the firmware is gone

Nope, I still have my Tabs and use them every day. So far Jmi has been pretty good,but I'm testing 2.2.1 right now and it looks like its worth switching to. I'm pretty busy with work atm but inclined to port my jmi tweaks to KC1. I'll post my progress here.

For the heck of it, I flashed only factorfs.rfs, param.lfs and zImage from KC1 using Heimdall and I was able to keep all my settings/apps intact, sweet! Of course I had to re-root. Seems much smoother/faster than JMI.
    I flashed successfully with JMI in PDA, JMA in PHONE, no CSC.
    It runs fine and smooth. Unfortunately I continiously get the dict crashing. Anyone else?

Its happening to me as well. I'm looking into it now.

Edit: I think I left a previous lib file in my build tree. Testing a new build now.
    Sweet. Going to try this in a bit. I didn't get a chance to perform the upgrade on JMG to see if that would solve the Wi-Fi issues. Hope JMI does!

So far so good. Maybe I'm mistaken, but damn this firmware is fast! Really fast!
    Installed Roto's JMI-v1 and seems to run very nicely. Fast and stable.
    Thanks Roto for this FW. . . GREAT!
    I have one question so: Is it only me or is the CSC folder in 'systrm' missing?

Yeah, I fixed that 5 minutes ago in v2 :)

If anyone finds a working dictionary apk and lib, post it and Ill put in in v3. I'm too swamped with work to dig into it at the moment.