FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ ROM / 7-4 ] Calkulin's EViO 3 v1.0 [ 4.24 l Gingerbread l Undervolted l Tweaked ]

1,633 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,142

By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 2nd May 2011, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2011, 04:06 AM |#511  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Post Step by step guide
if ##PRL# just restarts dialer its because your're still using the updated vesion, you need to both disable the previous and install the old one i attached.

ok guys follow this step by step.

1) d/l the EPST.apk i attached previously
2) mount system read/write in file explorer in settings (i personally use ES file explorer)
3) navigate to system/app/EPST.apk
4) change the name of this to EPST in case you need to replace it
5)paste the EPST.apk in this folder
6) click on it and it should prompt you to install it and it will "replace" the current one
7)reboot just in case
8) make sure the 11114.zip is extracted to the sd card and it should read 11114.prl
9) open dialer and dial ##775#
10) if you did everything properly thus far you should see manual prl update and the prl should be listed in the bottom of the screen, might have to minimize keyboard by holding menu button by default
11)commit modifications and it should say applied successfully now reboot, this ROM doesn't reboot automatically so just do it on your own, NOT hot restart but full reboot so it can catch a new tower if need be

i'm on AOSP and if memory serves me correct everything is listed here correctly if not, either repost or PM for more info and if need be i'll nandroid to this and make sure... it's worth it guys, i had a bunch of posts about hopeless dead signals, i'm on ALL latest radios and this PRL and i am happy, my house isn't the same as it used to be prior to losing 3G last week but I go around 900 d/l- 800 u/l right now 10PM EST and this morning at 7AM 1.6mbps!

don't believe me? see for yourself.

attached epst again as well an alternate PRL in case this decreases your speed, since it's all location based. ENJOY!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69322100.png
Views:	263
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	660982   Click image for larger version

Name:	69140685.png
Views:	261
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	660983  
Attached Files
File Type: apk EPST.apk - [Click for QR Code] (240.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: zip 01120.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.1 KB, 64 views)

21st July 2011, 04:16 AM |#512  
Flag NYC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050

Will ##3282# or ##spc# work too?

yes the older EPST adds additional codes if anything. sprint has been removing them with time so you can do less manual manipulation and most of it is OTA. if you google old ## codes you see hundreds that have been active at some point.

i've used this epst for 3282, 775 and gpsclrx
21st July 2011, 05:07 AM |#513  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Ok I just found those instructions before I checked the forum. Ok I did finally got it to work I switched to 11114 yes on speed test it showed 900k but when downloading I'm getting maybe 30k. With the prl 60890 I was getting 100k too 150 when downloading something.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
21st July 2011, 05:09 AM |#514  
Flag houston, tx

More
I'm going to update prl and profile when I'm done downloading what I'm downloading maybe ill get back what I had.

21st July 2011, 05:19 AM |#515  
Flag NYC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.CaSpER

I'm going to update prl and profile when I'm done downloading what I'm downloading maybe ill get back what I had.

Just a note, If you update prl through the OS then it resets any manual prl you may have added. It will install the latest PRL that sprint has determined for your device/account. The 01115 prl was good for me too and that was actually sprints push to me for a while, update to 60680 with mikg2.2 killed my 3G so I went back to deck still didn't work and that's how I ended up on evio 3. It's my go to sense rom and I've got it nandroided with the mod EPST. Had a few bugs with it though so hoping for an update soon.
21st July 2011, 05:39 AM |#516  
Flag Chico
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Finally convinced my boss to root his phone. Then, he wanted me to update his radios. So I convinced him to try out a new gingerbread rom. Evio it is!!!
21st July 2011, 06:29 AM |#517  
Flag houston, tx

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crammed174

Just a note, If you update prl through the OS then it resets any manual prl you may have added. It will install the latest PRL that sprint has determined for your device/account. The 01115 prl was good for me too and that was actually sprints push to me for a while, update to 60680 with mikg2.2 killed my 3G so I went back to deck still didn't work and that's how I ended up on evio 3. It's my go to sense rom and I've got it nandroided with the mod EPST. Had a few bugs with it though so hoping for an update soon.

I had to turn my phone off and pull my battery turn it back on to get my profile and prl to update to work. When it did everything when back to the was it was before well at least the same prl I had but twice the speed. I did a speed test it was at 1.3 MB down and .50kb upload.

PS. Calk your rom rocks!!!!!!!!!

21st July 2011, 08:36 AM |#518  
Flag NYC

More
Quote:

I had to turn my phone off and pull my battery turn it back on to get my profile and prl to update to work. When it did everything when back to the was it was before well at least the same prl I had but twice the speed. I did a speed test it was at 1.3 MB down and .50kb upload.

PS. Calk your rom rocks!!!!!!!!!

Good. As long as something got it to work lol. If this prl is working for you then just a tip from experience, don't change anything. Don't update ur prl or profile if ur speeds are fine and if u notice a Sprint forced update cancel it, recently the new prl's have been about severing agreements and cutting back coverage. Theres actually a surprising thread about it on sprint.com support. Sprint totally cancelled roaming agreements in a huge chunk of the country that if you look at before and after maps of the past few months it's like 50% less if not more, reminds me of cell coverage over 10 years ago. So anyy long story short the majority of sprints coverage is actually preferred roaming, ie you still think it's sprint and ur device says so but it's actually, us cell, alltel or vzw etc. Same thing goes for local and regional so if it ain't broke don't fix it. And yeah this rom with a working radio is killer fast for sense.

Like I said before, it's like an AOSP/sense blend, keep it simple yet powerful!
21st July 2011, 05:24 PM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Quote:

When I put ##775# my call log goes blank and nothing happens. Diag, debug and one more works but prl don't.

Same happened to me, EPST.apk was installed successfully but doesn't work for me... Back to CM7...
21st July 2011, 10:00 PM |#520  
Flag rosamond

More
does anybody know if this rom is still being updated?
21st July 2011, 11:16 PM |#521  
Flag HBG, PA
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtubbs85

does anybody know if this rom is still being updated?

Last update was 7/4...Calkulin is not normally an update every few days type, which I like because I hate updating all the time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)