Nexus One OTA Update - Done

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By kevinddavis, Member on 2nd February 2010, 09:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2010, 02:56 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
there is a space in the link.. but androidforum is taking it hard, it got murdered by engadget. So.. anyone copied the DIRECT link to the file not androidforum??

3rd February 2010, 03:10 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortri

there is a space in the link.. but androidforum is taking it hard, it got murdered by engadget. So.. anyone copied the DIRECT link to the file not androidforum??

http://android.clients.google.com/up...9.a487b405.zip

now, if someone can tell me how to apply this OTA update to a unlocked/rooted phone, I'd be happy. Currently I get a assertion of verification failed. Anyone install to unlocked/rooted?
3rd February 2010, 03:11 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Also check out the maps program. Its been updated... we now have turn by turn navigation. Also street view for selected points and you can enable street view compass which allows you to do a google sky map sorta thing and move your phone around and it'll move the street view around. Awesome.

I wanted to see if they fixed the pink that pops up in the center of the image when you're taking a picture and even viewing stuff through it. Unfortunately its not fixed but whats good is I figured out that its probably a software thing. Swipe out the settings on the left side and change the white balance. Seems to go away significantly if not completely on some settings.

And yes OTA updates will work in the future.. even if yo have the cyanogen mod i've heard he has an OTA update feature and typically updates his roms with the new update 2-3 days after the official update. Unless you're up on the forums all the time and checking considering office OTA updates take a day or two to fully go to everyone's handset its not that much of a wait over the official stuff. The official OTA should be working now but they're updating it in batches so it doesn't overload the servers (going by how other phones/carriers do OTA updates).
3rd February 2010, 03:14 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchang

http://android.clients.google.com/up...9.a487b405.zip

now, if someone can tell me how to apply this OTA update to a unlocked/rooted phone, I'd be happy. Currently I get a assertion of verification failed. Anyone install to unlocked/rooted?

you cant. rom update has to be modified
3rd February 2010, 03:23 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan

ah. that's what I thought. Thanks. guess I'll troll around until someone releases it
3rd February 2010, 03:23 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisk

Also check out the maps program. Its been updated... we now have turn by turn navigation. Also street view for selected points and you can enable street view compass which allows you to do a google sky map sorta thing and move your phone around and it'll move the street view around. Awesome.

None of that is new - the stock 2.1 maps already had turn by turn and street view (with compass)...?
3rd February 2010, 03:27 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Someone posted a comment on the web page with the instructions for doing a manual update saying that the following phone number would trigger a checkin that would get you the OTA:

*#*#2432546#*#*

(Note that 2432546 is T9 for "CHECKIN").

I tried it and got a new status bar icon "checkin result: success", but no update notice. Anyone have any idea what this really does - or how it compares to what the "About phone/System Updates" button does?
3rd February 2010, 03:36 AM |#108  

More
Does this update fix the touchscreen calibration issues?
3rd February 2010, 03:47 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan

So you're saying this update can't be applied to a rooted phone that's still running the stock rom?
diversificationied
3rd February 2010, 03:48 AM |#110  

More
I've noticed a littlebetter response with the soft keys but it might just be placebo effect
3rd February 2010, 04:07 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
after doing a manual update on a NON rooted phone does anyone else when using voice search on the google search bar on the home screen getting force closes everytime?

when i use it in messages it works tho
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)