EASY STEPS [BOG2] SM-N915T -> CF-ROOT -> TWRP RECOVERY -> FIX -> CWM OPTION -> Done!

Search This thread

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
EASY STEPS [BOG2] SM-N915T -> CF-ROOT -> TWRP RECOVERY -> FIX -> CWM OPTION -> Done!

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO ROOT & FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR NEW T-MOBILE N915TUBU1ANL1/N915TUVU1ANJL/N915TUVU1ANK3/N915TUVU1BOD7/N915TUVU1BOG2 KIT-KAT 4.4.4 SM-N915T NOTE EDGE < < <

tekhd_fg_xda_sig.png

GUIDE CONFIRMED WORKING ON LOLLIPOP N915TUVU1BOG2 / N915TUVU1BOD7

UPDATE

N915TUVU2COK2 (5.1.1) -> http://xdaforums.com/note-edge/tmob...dexed-stock-rooted-urv0-t3262270#post64118325

ROM MIRROR: N915TUVU1BOG2_N915TTMB1BOG2_TMB.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789428

Current Kernel -> BOG2_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789446

Previous Kernel -> BOD7_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789445

> New Version of TWRP ADDED to the Guide 06/08/15 - STEP 8.5!!! THANKS TO @micky387
> Rooting Guide works with ALL T-MOBILE N915TUBU1ANL1/N915TUVU1ANJL/N915TUVU1ANK3/N915TUVU1BOD7/N915TUVU1BOG2
> I am returning from the T-Mobile Note 1/2/3/4 Sections...
> New SPRINT LTE Icon! -> post #3!!!
> AT&T users don't forget to take a look at post #3!!!
> NEW! International Boot/Shutdown Animations also on post #3!!!

>>> GIVE THANKS TO @CHAINFIRE EACH TIME YOU SEE A POST FROM HIM & OF COURSE THE TWRP TEAM! (Specially @[SIZE="5"]bigbiff[/SIZE])

> > Before Beginning please note that this will trip your KNOX Counter!!!
> Please read this useful post for more information about KNOX!

divider-line1.png

˅ ˅ ˅ - - - G U I D E - - - S T A R T S - - - H E R E - - - ˅ ˅ ˅

WHAT YOU WILL NEED > > > Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot & RECOVERY TWRP . Also, UPDATE SuperSU-v2.46. &, just in case, Samsung USB Drivers.

Finally Download LOLLIPOP - Ext SD Card Write Fix
Finally Download KITKAT - Ext SD Card Write Fix

ROOTING YOUR ORIGINAL STOCK ROM . . . (NN915TUVU1ANJL/N915TUVU1ANK3/N915TUVU1BOD7/N915TUVU1BOG2)

Before you begin... make sure this 2 files are inside your phone's internal memory:

1. > > > Make sure file UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE
2. > > > Make sure file BOD7_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip (Lollipop) or tmo_n915t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip (Kitkat) is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE

STEP 0 -> Make sure you have already the Samsung USB Drivers installed; if not... Download them from the link above and install them.

STEP 1 -> Unzip the CF-ROOT File (CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip)

STEP 2 -> You will now have a program called Odin3 v3.07.exe... Run the program as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 1 checkmarks on it:

odin-n4.png

ON THE PHONE -> Then Turn OFF Your Phone and Turn it back ON by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE.

> > > NOW CONNECT PHONE TO PC VIA USB < < <

STEP 3 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.tar.md5.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START

-> The program will flash the Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for a few seconds then IT WILL FAIL

THE FLASHING WILL FAIL AT THE END!!! THIS IS NORMAL, DON'T WORRY!

-> At this point, disconnect the phone from the PC, (with the Fail message on Screen) Take Phone's Battery OFF -> Back ON...

FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP RECOVERY)

STEP 4 Now, to DOWNLOAD MODE AGAIN (by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE)

odin-n4_r.png

STEP 5 -> Now open ODIN v.3.07, then click on PDA and browse for the file twrp-2.8.6.0-trltecan.img.tar.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START > > PHONE WILL REBOOT AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY . . .

-> Now you have TWRP Custom Recovery!

STEP 6 -> Now turn OFF Phone Again... This time you are going to the recovery... (Not Download Mode) So basically after the phone is off, you just turn it on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME button together at the same time.

-> You will see this... SEE PIC BELOW . . . (NOT IDENTICAL)

twrp1.png

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip & External SD Card Fix (This will complete the rooting process)

STEP 7 (VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!!) -> Now hit SETTINGS ->SCREEN -> and UNCHECK "Enable Screen Timeout" & Set Brightness to 10% (See Pic Below) -> This will prevent display issues when using TWRP on your Note Edge.

img20141117_165936.jpg

Then go BACK to TWRP's Main Menu...

STEP 8 -> No hit INSTALL (upper left) > then browse for the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip.

And Swipe to Install...

twrp2.png

Root Flashing completed, but don't exit recovery yet...

Now browse for the file BOD7_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip (Lollipop) or tmo_n915t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip (Kitkat).

And Swipe to Install...

twrp2.png

External SD Card Write Fix Flashing is complete...

Exit Recovery... Reboot (System Option in TWRP)

Now boot your Note Edge... You may have SuperSu already installed and working... if NOT! then:

chain_fire.png

TEKXURv3.png

DONE!!!

NEW STEP 8.5!!! (NEW TWRP!!!) -> Flash new TWRP (Full Screen) via TWRP... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347761497

OPTIONAL:

STEP 9 (OPTIONAL) -> You may now install CWM Recovery if you want by flashing via ODIN this file: (same way as you flashed TWRP before)

CWM RECOVERY

Example of CWM Recovery:

img20141201_023345.jpg

STEP 10 -> MORE than 25,000 VIEWS and LESS than 150 THANKS??? CLICK THANKS!!!.

-> DONE!!! Your Note Edge is now ROOTED and has TWRP/CWM Custom Recovery plus External SD Card Write Fix!

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
thanks.png

Last edited:

TEKHD

How to bypass T-Mobile's VPN Connection Restriction: (In case you don't already know) -> This APN is also used for WiFi Tether Router APP

If you want to connect to a VPN and you can't... just add this APN and make sure it is selected, instead of the default one.

img20150104_004823.png

img20150104_004844.png

img20150104_004906.png

img20150104_010752.png

Almost identical to the stock APN, but not the same (see APN Protocol)

Last edited:

TEKHD

divider-line1.png

AT&T_logo_2005.png

Also... a gift for all AT&T users using the T-Mobile Note Edge on AT&T's network...
THANKS TO USER @Datblkbro from the AT&T Forum that gave me the files needed!!!

AT&T Note Edge Original Stock Bootanimation -> Turn your T-Mobile Note Edge into AT&T"s Note Edge...

Flashable zips...

Download: Stock AT&T Note Edge Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note Edge
Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile Note Edge Bootanimation
Download: Stock International Note Edge Bootanimation

REMEMBER TO CLICK THANKS!!!

AT&T:

att.png

internationala2.png

n4_boot_anim.jpg

divider-line1.png

AT&T_logo_2005.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile Note Edge users on AT&T's Network!

From T-Mobile Stock build.prop: (See 4G LTE Icon)

img20141107_132933.png

To AT&T Stock (See 4G LTE Icon & Bootanimation same as AT&T Note Edge User)

img20141107_131045.png

att.png

AT&T FULL Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock AT&T Note Edge 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note Edge

Revert to Stock T-Mobile Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation

divider-line1.png

Sprint-logo.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile Note Edge users that want Sprint's LTE Icon!
Thanks to @bigmase23 (he sent me the original Sprint build.prop)

sprint_lte.png

img20141108_033307.png

Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile Note Edge Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation
Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation

Last edited:

nonmindo

Chainfire has added a N915 file to his CF-Root page, however SuperSU does not get installed when you flash it. If you flash Super SU 2.16 from recovery it will give you temp root, in that you can gain root access but when you reboot you will lose Root

Last edited:
Reactions: TEKHD

TEKHD

Chainfire has added a N915 file to is CF-Root page, however SuperSU does not get installed when you flash it. If you flash Super SU 2.16 from recovery it will give you temp root, in that you can gain root access but when you reboot you will lose Root

Thank you... Testing here... if you find a workaround, post it immediately... lol

Reactions: bori1030

nonmindo

Thank you... Testing here... if you find a workaround, post it immediately... lol

I should also note that when flashing through ODIN the N915T tar will return a message that the flash failed
Waited a few min, pulled battery
Booted back up to a "flash failure" message
Proceeded back into Download mode and flashed TWRP
Rebooted and it boots normally

TEKHD

I should also note that when flashing through ODIN the N915T tar will return a message that the flash failed
Waited a few min, pulled battery
Booted back up to a "flash failure" message
Proceeded back into Download mode and flashed TWRP
Rebooted and it boots normally

lol... seen that message like 10 times already... while trying to flash the Tmo Note 4 CF-Root and other things... the first time my heart stopped... now... I just laugh at it... lol

nonmindo

lol... seen that message like 10 times already... while trying to flash the Tmo Note 4 CF-Root and other things... the first time my heart stopped... now... I just laugh at it... lol

Ok....not sure what happened....but I just pulled battery to hard boot phone and test again if root stuck....this time it did!....I'm not entirely sure how stable this is, but i have root, sticking after rebooting....I did nothing different than flashing the root a second time after learning i lost it during a reboot...will keep rebooting every way I can and see if root disappears again

TEKHD

Ok....not sure what happened....but I just pulled battery to hard boot phone and test again if root stuck....this time it did!....I'm not entirely sure how stable this is, but i have root, sticking after rebooting....I did nothing different than flashing the root a second time after learning i lost it during a reboot...will keep rebooting every way I can and see if root disappears again

Flashed CF-AutoRoot Thru odin Twice? or 1st Thru Odin and next thru Recovery? How exactly...?

nonmindo

Flashed CF-AutoRoot Thru odin Twice? or 1st Thru Odin and next thru Recovery? How exactly...?

I flashed everything per your instructions from the Note4, except the SD fix, I replaced all the Note4 files with the N915T files, this did not install SuperSU though
So after all that was done I flashed the SuperSU v 2.16 from Here via TWRP

Booted into OS, checked root with root checker, states it had root, rebooted and lost root, so I flashed the SuperSU zip in TWRP again and so far it has stuck

Last edited:
Reactions: CottonCreeper

CottonCreeper

Jan 14, 2012
Omnipotent Paradox
I flashed everything per your instructions from the Note4, except the SD fix, I replaced all the Note4 files with the N915T files, this did not install SuperSU though

Booted into OS, checked root with root checker, states it had root, rebooted and lost root, so I flashed the SuperSU zip in TWRP again and so far it has stuck

Cool. I'm gonna give it a go right now. I hope I have the same results.

TEKHD

Cool. I'm gonna give it a go right now. I hope I have the same results.

Got it, Thank you again... Will test... but if this is not 100% reliable, will not post in OP (will just stay here between us or any reader) Can't post in OP things that will sometimes work lol... Testing...

CottonCreeper

Jan 14, 2012
Omnipotent Paradox
Got it, Thank you again... Will test... but if this is not 100% reliable, will not post in OP (will just stay here between us or any reader) Can't post in OP things that will sometimes work lol... Testing...

That's cool. I don't really care about knox, or bricking my phone *Don't get me wrong I do care about bricking my phone* but not enough to keep me from doing things that will possibly brick my phone. LOL All you can hope for is that others appreciate your sacrifice...

reo420510

Dec 12, 2012
oakland ca
dammit

so i went and downloaded that new cf root and bricked my phone again man ive done this before im not a noob but i feel like one now lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO ROOT & FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR NEW T-MOBILE N915TUBU1ANL1/N915TUVU1ANJL/N915TUVU1ANK3/N915TUVU1BOD7/N915TUVU1BOG2 KIT-KAT 4.4.4 SM-N915T NOTE EDGE < < <

tekhd_fg_xda_sig.png

GUIDE CONFIRMED WORKING ON LOLLIPOP N915TUVU1BOG2 / N915TUVU1BOD7

UPDATE

N915TUVU2COK2 (5.1.1) -> http://xdaforums.com/note-edge/tmob...dexed-stock-rooted-urv0-t3262270#post64118325

ROM MIRROR: N915TUVU1BOG2_N915TTMB1BOG2_TMB.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789428

Current Kernel -> BOG2_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789446

Previous Kernel -> BOD7_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789445

> New Version of TWRP ADDED to the Guide 06/08/15 - STEP 8.5!!! THANKS TO @micky387
    > Rooting Guide works with ALL T-MOBILE N915TUBU1ANL1/N915TUVU1ANJL/N915TUVU1ANK3/N915TUVU1BOD7/N915TUVU1BOG2
    > I am returning from the T-Mobile Note 1/2/3/4 Sections...
    > New SPRINT LTE Icon! -> post #3!!!
    > AT&T users don't forget to take a look at post #3!!!
    > NEW! International Boot/Shutdown Animations also on post #3!!!

>>> GIVE THANKS TO @CHAINFIRE EACH TIME YOU SEE A POST FROM HIM & OF COURSE THE TWRP TEAM! (Specially @[SIZE="5"]bigbiff[/SIZE])

> > Before Beginning please note that this will trip your KNOX Counter!!!
    > Please read this useful post for more information about KNOX!

divider-line1.png

˅ ˅ ˅ - - - G U I D E - - - S T A R T S - - - H E R E - - - ˅ ˅ ˅

WHAT YOU WILL NEED > > > Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot & RECOVERY TWRP . Also, UPDATE SuperSU-v2.46. &, just in case, Samsung USB Drivers.

Finally Download LOLLIPOP - Ext SD Card Write Fix
    Finally Download KITKAT - Ext SD Card Write Fix

ROOTING YOUR ORIGINAL STOCK ROM . . . (NN915TUVU1ANJL/N915TUVU1ANK3/N915TUVU1BOD7/N915TUVU1BOG2)

Before you begin... make sure this 2 files are inside your phone's internal memory:

1. > > > Make sure file UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE
    2. > > > Make sure file BOD7_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip (Lollipop) or tmo_n915t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip (Kitkat) is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE

STEP 0 -> Make sure you have already the Samsung USB Drivers installed; if not... Download them from the link above and install them.

STEP 1 -> Unzip the CF-ROOT File (CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip)

STEP 2 -> You will now have a program called Odin3 v3.07.exe... Run the program as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 1 checkmarks on it:

odin-n4.png

ON THE PHONE -> Then Turn OFF Your Phone and Turn it back ON by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 3 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.tar.md5.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START

-> The program will flash the Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for a few seconds then IT WILL FAIL

THE FLASHING WILL FAIL AT THE END!!! THIS IS NORMAL, DON'T WORRY!

-> At this point, disconnect the phone from the PC, (with the Fail message on Screen) Take Phone's Battery OFF -> Back ON...

FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP RECOVERY)

STEP 4 Now, to DOWNLOAD MODE AGAIN (by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE)

odin-n4_r.png

STEP 5 -> Now open ODIN v.3.07, then click on PDA and browse for the file twrp-2.8.6.0-trltecan.img.tar.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START > > PHONE WILL REBOOT AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY . . .

-> Now you have TWRP Custom Recovery!

STEP 6 -> Now turn OFF Phone Again... This time you are going to the recovery... (Not Download Mode) So basically after the phone is off, you just turn it on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME button together at the same time.

-> You will see this... SEE PIC BELOW . . . (NOT IDENTICAL)

twrp1.png

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip & External SD Card Fix (This will complete the rooting process)

STEP 7 (VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!!) -> Now hit SETTINGS ->SCREEN -> and UNCHECK "Enable Screen Timeout" & Set Brightness to 10% (See Pic Below) -> This will prevent display issues when using TWRP on your Note Edge.

img20141117_165936.jpg

Then go BACK to TWRP's Main Menu...

STEP 8 -> No hit INSTALL (upper left) > then browse for the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip.

And Swipe to Install...

twrp2.png

Root Flashing completed, but don't exit recovery yet...

Now browse for the file BOD7_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip (Lollipop) or tmo_n915t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip (Kitkat).

And Swipe to Install...

twrp2.png

External SD Card Write Fix Flashing is complete...

Exit Recovery... Reboot (System Option in TWRP)

Now boot your Note Edge... You may have SuperSu already installed and working... if NOT! then:

chain_fire.png

TEKXURv3.png

DONE!!!

NEW STEP 8.5!!! (NEW TWRP!!!) -> Flash new TWRP (Full Screen) via TWRP... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347761497

OPTIONAL:

STEP 9 (OPTIONAL) -> You may now install CWM Recovery if you want by flashing via ODIN this file: (same way as you flashed TWRP before)

CWM RECOVERY

Example of CWM Recovery:

img20141201_023345.jpg

STEP 10 -> MORE than 25,000 VIEWS and LESS than 150 THANKS??? CLICK THANKS!!!.

-> DONE!!! Your Note Edge is now ROOTED and has TWRP/CWM Custom Recovery plus External SD Card Write Fix!

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
    thanks.png
    How to bypass T-Mobile's VPN Connection Restriction: (In case you don't already know) -> This APN is also used for WiFi Tether Router APP

If you want to connect to a VPN and you can't... just add this APN and make sure it is selected, instead of the default one.

img20150104_004823.png

img20150104_004844.png

img20150104_004906.png

img20150104_010752.png

Almost identical to the stock APN, but not the same (see APN Protocol)
    divider-line1.png

AT&T_logo_2005.png

Also... a gift for all AT&T users using the T-Mobile Note Edge on AT&T's network...
    THANKS TO USER @Datblkbro from the AT&T Forum that gave me the files needed!!!

AT&T Note Edge Original Stock Bootanimation -> Turn your T-Mobile Note Edge into AT&T"s Note Edge...

Flashable zips...

Download: Stock AT&T Note Edge Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note Edge
    Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile Note Edge Bootanimation
    Download: Stock International Note Edge Bootanimation

AT&T:

att.png

internationala2.png

n4_boot_anim.jpg

divider-line1.png

AT&T_logo_2005.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile Note Edge users on AT&T's Network!

From T-Mobile Stock build.prop: (See 4G LTE Icon)

img20141107_132933.png

To AT&T Stock (See 4G LTE Icon & Bootanimation same as AT&T Note Edge User)

img20141107_131045.png

att.png

AT&T FULL Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock AT&T Note Edge 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note Edge

Revert to Stock T-Mobile Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation

divider-line1.png

Sprint-logo.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile Note Edge users that want Sprint's LTE Icon!
    Thanks to @bigmase23 (he sent me the original Sprint build.prop)

sprint_lte.png

img20141108_033307.png

Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile Note Edge Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation
    Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation
    thank you i had bricked my phone twice messing around im glab we got something that actually works thanks again

Balls of steel here... no pain no gain... lol
    EDIT: I found the issue: I had to go into settings and uncheck Reactivation Lock.. I think this is what was causing the fail during the second odin flash with the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.1.1-trltetmo.img file. Once I unchecked this box and re-ran the rooting process step by step, wha-laaa TWRP recovery and flash galore. Thanks Chains & TekHD