[Q] Trouble installing kitkat roms on D802, help?

Search This thread

ZombieDawgg

Mar 16, 2013
Hi,

I've recently installed cwm 6.0.4.4 on my LG G2. It installed pretty flawlessly, and I can flash pretty much any custom ROM... Except the ones running 4.4 or higher. I flashed CM 10.2 and it runs well, but when I try to install CM11, or any other kitkat rom I get this error:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

E: Error in /data/media/0/[Insert name of rom here]
(status 7)
Installation aborted

I get the same error every time, no matter what 4.4 rom I try to flash.

I also tried TWRP (whatever the latest version is) and I also get an error.

Any idea how to fix this frustrating issue?

Thanks

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
Try redownloading the ROM or a different ROM sounds like a bad download I can't help you much because I have the verizon variant but try doing that and it sounds like you can restore backups so prob just a bad download

I Am NoT responsible for any bricks when you root flash or anything like that hope you get it working

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

ZombieDawgg

Mar 16, 2013
Try redownloading the ROM or a different ROM sounds like a bad download I can't help you much because I have the verizon variant but try doing that and it sounds like you can restore backups so prob just a bad download

I Am NoT responsible for any bricks when you root flash or anything like that hope you get it working

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I tried that, its literally every KitKat ROM I try to flash.

Mikkey81

May 10, 2010
Milwaukee
goo.gl
I tried that, its literally every KitKat ROM I try to flash.

TWRP 2.6.3.2 isn't the latest release, so that might be your problem. Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469995 flash the new zip from your current TWRP, and you should be able to flash KitKat ROMs now. Or, if you prefer CWM, there's PhilZ Touch CWM here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554053

This guy had a similar issue. I would say try installing PhilZ Touch CWM for the 802.
Maybe try TWRP.

Its gotta be the recovery.

Sorry I have a VS980, I honestly have issues with TWRP and use the recovery you have.
You could use flashify direct from your device if you hunt down the .IMG.

Give it a shot. BTW not my problem it you brick your phone... I will however try to help you get back up and running.

Reactions: ZombieDawgg

ZombieDawgg

Mar 16, 2013
This guy had a similar issue. I would say try installing PhilZ Touch CWM for the 802.
Maybe try TWRP.

Its gotta be the recovery.

Sorry I have a VS980, I honestly have issues with TWRP and use the recovery you have.
You could use flashify direct from your device if you hunt down the .IMG.

Give it a shot. BTW not my problem it you brick your phone... I will however try to help you get back up and running.

Thanks, it worked brilliantly!

Top Liked Posts