[ROM][ICS] Team Eos ICS 2.0.0 [Updated 2012/4/27]

Search This thread

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham
Well... after more than 2 intensive hours to reinstall and configure my apps no reboot.

But !!! Just launching a video in YouTube app makes xoom rebooting instantly. Using chrome or reading news are fine si maybe another settings are still set too aggressive? What do you think?

Edit: watching in Window mode is fine but as soon as I press fullscreen, 3 seconds after there is a reboot. Same for games. Menu is working but when playing, there is a reboot.

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Well... after more than 2 intensive hours to reinstall and configure my apps no reboot.

But !!! Just launching a video in YouTube app makes xoom rebooting instantly. Using chrome or reading news are fine si maybe another settings are still set too aggressive? What do you think?

For that issues find the free app, lumberjack in the play store and try to capture a log when it happens. Upload it somewhere then post link for the team to glance at,
Also u can try a nightly and see if problem persists but REMEMBER TO ALWAYS FLASH THAT KERNEL after flashing anything with a overclocked gpu which nightlies do.
Otherwise u will have those problems again
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011

Edit: watching in Window mode is fine but as soon as I press fullscreen, 3 seconds after there is a reboot. Same for games. Menu is working but when playing, there is a reboot.

is this a new xoom or refurb?
it really sounds like there is a gpu bug.
how long did u have the tablet stock? or did u get tab and go straight to unlock and install custom rom?
im really interested in knowing, casue to me it really sounds like the moment there is any real gpu load it just poops outs on you

yosterwp

May 29, 2012
/mnt/sdcard
how long did u have the tablet stock? or did u get tab and go straight to unlock and install custom rom?
im really interested in knowing, casue to me it really sounds like the moment there is any real gpu load it just poops outs on you

Speaking of stock, have you tried flashing your xoom back to stock? If your xoom is rebooting under gpu load with stock firmware, then you may have a bigger issue than you may have thought.. If stock firmware shows the same issues you have now, then you may have a hardware issue.

Hope that helps.

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham
For that issues find the free app, lumberjack in the play store and try to capture a log when it happens. Upload it somewhere then post link for the team to glance at,
Also u can try a nightly and see if problem persists but REMEMBER TO ALWAYS FLASH THAT KERNEL after flashing anything with a overclocked gpu which nightlies do.
Otherwise u will have those problems again
You will find the log files in attachment. In order to reproduce my issue I just boot the tablet, launch Youtube, and select a video. Xoom will reboot after several seconds (10-30) if video remains windowed (first hangs with a strange sound, then reboots) or reboots right after displaying the first images in full screen.

You will find a kernel panic related to nvidia around 00:34 (CET time)

My xoom is not a refurb. I bought it in february in a shop. It was sealed, was stock, and there was no evidence it was refurb (no scratch, all protections in place, "smelt" new). My xoom was locked from this time to 2-3 days ago, using the stock 3.2 EU ROM. No single reboot during this time, only one hang but I would not deduct that it is a faulty hardware because of one hang in 4 months

I can flash it back to stock, I don't have the EU 3.2 zip to flash it back, but I found on motorola support site a series of img to flash to revert it back to stock. If it is required to proove that under stock firmware my xoom works but after installing EOS it is unstable, I will do it...

edit: I made some tests again using the youtube app: xoom can reboot as soon as I click on a link too. So no time for the gpu to get warm or something similar, instant reboot.

Attachments

• xoom_logs.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham
sorry but as I am not so familiar with board acronyms, who should contact you by mail? is it me for my issue with overclocked kernel or this thread creator?

I just gave a chance to the latest nightly of CM9 and guess what... it works pretty well right out of the box. YouTube videos are playing, no hard or soft reboot. This must be an issue between my xoom and tiomat kernel, most probably.

Last edited:

SnapCount

Apr 16, 2009
Quick question guys, do any of you have problems using the visual effects with the camera?

Whenever I want to try an effect (like big eyes) - the camera app just closes down.

Reactions: hochoch

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
Yes, also experienced problems while editing photos using those warmth and saturation toggles
If wonder if that's related to this commit on the AOSP Gerrit:
Code:
commit a901f8861f9b62386ad9729d533db744964a8690
Author: Jorge Ruesga <j.ruesga.criado@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Jun 12 23:28:58 2012 +0200

Gallery2: Check privative effects

Gallery2 has 2 effects (FaceTan and Facelift) from the privative gapps.
    If gapps is not present, Gallery2 gets into a FC when click on this effects.
    This patch checks if the permission "com.google.android.media.effects" exists
    and hide this 2 effects if permission not exists

Patch 2: Use EffectFactory.isEffectSupported to detect if filters exists
    Patch 3: Make isPresent method from effect classes a static method
    Patch 4: Change actions classes for static calling to effects classes

Change-Id: I8f6b59e57e504114835ab3283f65a72b4f6774a8
If this is the bug y'all are seeing, this has been fixed in the AOSP "Master" branch and would presumably show up in our Nightlies soon.

Reactions: adelancker

Scott4006

Mar 13, 2011
I am still in trouble

I have a refurb worked great flashed wiped everything flashed eos2.0 gapp 4/29. Borked !! I used eos touch but seitched to rougue recovery. I would fast boot but drivers wont install because I cant get to adb debug screen. I boot says android phone stopped screen locks then reboot after awhile looks normal until u unlock then Frozen.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I have a refurb worked great flashed wiped everything flashed eos2.0 gapp 4/29. Borked !! I used eos touch but seitched to rougue recovery. I would fast boot but drivers wont install because I cant get to adb debug screen. I boot says android phone stopped screen locks then reboot after awhile looks normal until u unlock then Frozen.

Here is the post
I have a suggestion for you, search the development thread here for the non overclocked gpu kernel, from recover flash rom, gapps, then the kernel... report back your findings

Here is the link, again boot to recovery, use either the EOS one that is NOT touch, or the rouge recovery.
Wipe everything! Factory reset, flash the rom, then gapps, then the kernel
http://goo.im/devs/solarnz/tiamat/kernels/Tiamat-Xoom-3.0.5-stockgpu.zip

Look three pages back, I posted instructions and a link to a non gpu overclocked kernel, try that method and report back please, and thanks

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
[should I PM you] for my issue with overclocked kernel ... ?
I was going to send you a normally-clocked boot.img via E-mail, GuiPoM, but actually, I have a better solution than that for now:

;27725810 said:
I posted instructions and a link to a non gpu overclocked kernel, try that method and report back please
Actually, I'd like you to try that, as well- I believe the issue is your GPU doesn't overclock well (it happens; margins in individual silicon), and if you can get results with a non-overclocked kernel that doesn't crash on YouTube and the like, that may be all you'll need.

(BTW- thanks, "runandhide05"!)

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I was going to send you a normally-clocked boot.img via E-mail, GuiPoM, but actually, I have a better solution than that for now:

Actually, I'd like you to try that, as well- I believe the issue is your GPU doesn't overclock well (it happens; margins in individual silicon), and if you can get results with a non-overclocked kernel that doesn't crash on YouTube and the like, that may be all you'll need.

Hey no problem, just helping the community.. the same type of issue happened to me way back in the day when the first kernels where coming out for the Xoom, although my results where not nearly as bad, only a reboot once or twice when I would do anything that would cause a heavy gpu load for extended period of time. And I think it was one of the first tiamat (can't remember the exact name but I think it was close to that) kernels that was heavily overclocked ( to give u a time reference it was when 3.1 came out)
Edit... face plant name tiamat is in that link...lol

Last edited:

GuiPoM

Mar 10, 2009
Ouistreham

I already reported in this thread that I followed the instructions coming from runandhide05.

I flashed the non overclocked kernel right after wiping and reseting my xoom and it had a positive impact on stability. No hang or reboot at least when booting android, reading mails or browsing. But as soon as I start using youtube to play a video or if I launch a game, my xoom hard or soft reboot.

This is the reason why I gave a try to CyanogenMod9 and I do not have these reboots anymore. Well, I have some, but not exactly for the same reason and it is not known to be stable yet. I can play angry birds for example, I cannot even with non oc eos ...

But as eos 2.0.0 is a lot more stable and functionnal, I would prefer to stick to this rom, if possible.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sE85.png

Motorola Xoom | Asus Transformer | Asus Transformer Prime

Welcome to the evolution of Tiamat XOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Installation notes
    1. Download the correct rom for your device.
    2. Download the google applications package
    3. Place these two files on your sdcard, or somewhere where your chosen recovery image can access them
    4. If you're not flashing from an EOS nightly build, you will need to perform a factory rest within recovery (wiping /data and /cache)
    5. Install the rom by selecting the zip file through the menus.
    6. Install the google applications package IMMEDIATELY after.
    7. Reboot your device and have fun with ICS

Features
    • Tiamat 3.0.15 gpu overclocked kernel
    • AOSP 4.0.4 based rom
    • Busybox
    • USB OTG support
    • Automatic mounting of FAT32 thumb drives
    • Automatic mounting of NTFS thumb drives with write support (doesn't work for everyone)
    • Enable / Disable stock ICS status bar settings
    • Enable / Disable EOS ics status bar settings
    • Enable / Disable Battery percentage text in the status bar
    • Enable / Disable battery icon in the status bar
    • Enable / Disable rotation on the lockscreen
    • User friendly overclocking settings that will detect if the tablet has restarted too often, and disables the overclocking
    • Enable / Disable the automatic brightness to decrease the brightness level
    • Enable / Disable the charging light
    • Define Rotation angles (Full, 90 Deg, 180 Deg, 270 Deg)
    • Face unlock
    • Face unlock retry button on the lockscreen.
    • Last accessed time and date in Browser history
    • Wifi Direct
    • Ability to hide the status bar
    • Show development settings in the browser by default
    • Ability to show and hide the clock in the status bar
    • Lockscreen actions
    • Statusbar clock can have its colour changed
    • Statusbar can have its colour changed

Screenshots

Downloads (also available in Goo Manager)

Google Applications (Required for all devices)

Wifi Xoom (wingray / MZ604)
    US 4G Xoom (stingray / MZ602)
    EU 3G Xoom (umts_everest / MZ601)
    US 3G Xoom (stingray_cdma / MZ600)

Source code

Old releases
    Moved to new thread

Developer Overlay has moved to Tegra Hardware And Feature Implementation
    2.0.0 is out
    do you have to flash GAPPS when coming from EOS 1.0.0?! :confused:

Take a chill pill dude. Let me try to be clear here. We are not in the gapps business. Gapps is not our problem. We are in the AOSP business. If you take the time to actually read the instructions before flashing custom firmware on your expensive tablet, you would know the answer. The newest gapps only contains the minimum system apps that allow gapps to function. For anything else, go to the market. Or do what I do and make your own custom gapps pack.