[Theme][FC09][TW] Epic Dark Horse V.3 (7-16-12) {Pulldown Animation!}

Search This thread

samep

Dec 8, 2011
If you don't mind me asking, what did I break on my copy?

I would like to know this also. It would be great to have the flashlight, reboot, and shutdown toggles it the statusbar again. And the swipe away notifications is just the icing on the cake.:victory:

If you're asking about my test, seems the pull-down animation was supposed to be functional but it wasn't.

The MMS Search FC has been with us for awhile but only recently reported. It was suggested that it has something to do with modifying, like changing colors or making it transparent or the apk may be a modded EL30 rather than FC09 release. Ca1ne's mod didn't cause that issue.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
If you're asking about my test, seems the pull-down animation was supposed to be functional but it wasn't.

The MMS Search FC has been with us for awhile but only recently reported. It was suggested that it has something to do with modifying, like changing colors or making it transparent or the apk may be a modded EL30 rather than FC09 release. Ca1ne's mod didn't cause that issue.

No sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to another quote. I do believe the fc issue in Mms has to do with the transparency. I actually did an FC09 Mms.apk transparent and it still happens.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Reactions: samep

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
No sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to another quote. I do believe the fc issue in Mms has to do with the transparency. I actually did an FC09 Mms.apk transparent and it still happens.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Oh because I was told it was due to the app not being updated. But I guess I saved myself some trouble lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Last edited:

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Its working for me! I don't use MMS search since I really don't get any messages worth searching for.

The totally transparent pulldown is...interesting. reminds me of the "Evolved" rom I had on my son's OG Evo.

Thanks again to MJ and ca1ne!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Its working for me! I don't use MMS search since I really don't get any messages worth searching for.

The totally transparent pulldown is...interesting. reminds me of the "Evolved" rom I had on my son's OG Evo.

Thanks again to MJ and ca1ne!

The same with me lol I never have to search msgs. And I'm glad you like it. It just bothered me when I had a notification and I tried seeing it while on my home screen cuz the words would get mixed up and I couldn't read it from the clock and app names on my homescreen.
But ill try to get the animation back or atleast put a light background for it.

Reactions: orlzzt

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Good job man, looks awesome. Love the pull down. I gotta learn how to make those. They really make the theme complete. And thank you MWBehr for help us out so much over in epic land so much lately. Really liking this theme. Gonna play with it for awhile. :cool::cool:

Glad you like it. I couldn't have done it without the help of a few ppl and the motivation from a few more.
And honestly it means a lot that your gonna use my theme since you've taken over the whole theme section with all you themes lol.
And I could help you with the pull down ani its really not that hard just a few xml additions and the .pngs

And I PM'ed you something.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Glad you like it. I couldn't have done it without the help of a few ppl and the motivation from a few more.
And honestly it means a lot that your gonna use my theme since you've taken over the whole theme section with all you themes lol.
And I could help you with the pull down ani its really not that hard just a few xml additions and the .pngs

And I PM'ed you something.

That would be sweet dude. I would really like to make one for Gummy Galaxy. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: lilajrestnom

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I finally get mentioned in an OP, and its a "you're welcome"! (Thank you, MJ, for fixing the icons!!). And thanks for the theme and mentioning me. ;-)

Story of my life. Anyway, just downloaded and flashing. Thanks also to Nash for just being awesome and to Kenny for the "God Of All Roms".

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
When i added the updated version I forgot to include the mms.apk with fixed search. So if you wanted the fixed search heres a link to the mms.apk and you can just push it to your system using whatever file manager you want or you can download the theme again.
http://d-h.st/tvz

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I do love me this theme! Got it installed this AM and all looks great! Thanks again, MJ! I didn't take the MMS search fix as I never search my texts anyway.

EDIT- just noticed the contact icons. Man! Nice idea by me!;)

MJ, you outdid yourself on this one!

Last edited:
Reactions: lilajrestnom

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
I do love me this theme! Got it installed this AM and all looks great! Thanks again, MJ! I didn't take the MMS search fix as I never search my texts anyway.

EDIT- just noticed the contact icons. Man! Nice idea by me!;)

MJ, you outdid yourself on this one!

Well yeah the mms search isn't necessary to everyone that's why I just added it the way I did and didn't update the whole theme because of it.
But I'm glad you like it. I'm going to try and change all the contact pics to the dark horse (like in call logs and favorite).
Any other new ideas to make this even better would be appreciated =).

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Well yeah the mms search isn't necessary to everyone that's why I just added it the way I did and didn't update the whole theme because of it.
But I'm glad you like it. I'm going to try and change all the contact pics to the dark horse (like in call logs and favorite).
Any other new ideas to make this even better would be appreciated =).

I love how you get the Dark Horse icon for the contact pic during an active call! It looks great. I'll report back later...

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
I love how you get the Dark Horse icon for the contact pic during an active call! It looks great. I'll report back later...

Lol I'm glad you like it. If you find any problems or maybe things that don't fit right let me know or even any new ideas.
I was thinking about changing the check boxes from white to blue. I think that'll match the theme better?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here's the Dark Horse theme i promised a while ago. Sorry if i took too long to release it, been kind of busy.

Screenshots: (Will update these later)

46045499-9246-e8b4.jpg

485e612c-91c0-c1c9.jpg

485e612c-91d1-49a8.jpg

485e612c-91dd-f877.jpg

485e612c-7c56-182f.jpg

485e612c-91eb-f7f9.jpg

(biggest change in V.2 was the status bar. Here's what it looks like.)

6c027d31-b0e3-1b96.jpg

(status bar in V.2.1)

6c027d31-90de-11b0.jpg

Thanks to:
    Shayne6374 (Best man in the world. Can never be thanked enough!)
    Zanderman112
    RandomKing
    Ca1ne

Included + Themed apps:
    Browser
    Contacts
    Miui music player
    Messaging
    Settings
    Swype
    Phone (in call)

Instructions:
    *Wipe cache/dalvic
    *flash .zip
    *reboot
    (Yup, its that simple)

Changelog:

V.2:
    *Completely re-themed the status bar
    *Added more of the original EDH icons + original font.

V.2.1:
    *Added pulldown animation!!!!!!!!!!
    *Changed notfication colors in status bar.
    *New bootanimation.
    That's all I believe. There may be other little stuff.

V.3:
    *Added ca1ne's swipe notification mod and missing status bar widgets.
    *Fixed pulldown animation. (thanks MWBehr)
    *Themed contact image and in call contact image to dark horse image. (you're welcome orlzzt lol)
    *Fixed some incorrect images.
    *Added a few more themed apps. (thanks nashdogg)
    *Added Mms.apk with fixed search! (thanks samep)
    *A few more minor changes that I can't seem to remember.

Download:
    V.1:
    http://d-h.st/YiP

V.2:
    http://d-h.st/Jm1

V.2.1:
    http://d-h.st/qq5

****V.2.1.1***** (test)
    In this version I added the missing status bar toggles and the swiping notifications (thanks ca1ne). That is all that is added and the pull down ani is gone. The status bar background is now 100% transparent which can be kind of annoying. If you don't have a problem with that then you can flash it, or you may wait till I try and fix the pull down ani. So I'm calling this a "test".

http://d-h.st/v7w

V.3:
    http://d-h.st/9Yl

Donation: (not necessary, but greatly appreciated)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...ode=USD&bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif

A thanks if you like my work would be awesome too =)
    Added brand new picssss =). Hope you guys like it.

Thumbs-up for making a FC09 theme that can be modded without breaking the Sprint Connections Optimizer. Yes, I carried the apks of this theme to UOT Kitchen to remove the rudolf animations, boot ani, swap the font and battery with something I could read without my reading glasses.

What I noticed is that the scrolling toggles didn't make the flash; I still have the TPR 2.2 toggles. I'm currently using the TW Launcher and this modded theme to check battery-"life". Also, some pop-ups are too transparent. The underlying images and font is bleeding-through causing a garbled look.

Overall, nice work. Looking forward to the new changes, AJ.

That's because after you get your UOT zip you need to add lidroid-res.apk into the frameworks folder.
    And I'm glad you like it thought.

I could upload an update now that will mostly change your status bar because that's what I've been working on. I'm just holding it off because I want to add the pull down ani but I'm having some trouble with it, so I don't know when I'll actually get it done.

This is how my status bar looks without the pulldown ani. Ill upload an updated version for those who would rather have this status bar for now until I can add the pulldown ani.

6c027d31-b0e3-1b96.jpg

Ok, been running this now for a week; how can anyone not love this theme? I forgot how cool the SMS apk is. The way the message background changes from highlight to clear after its sent? so cool!

Thanks again, AJ and Shane. True brilliance.

I'm glad you like it. The next update will really blow your mind ;). Just working on one last thing and hopefully will get it done maybe tonight thanks to the help of Shane. Just be patient lol.

Go into play store and search for cm9 themes. There are a few free themes available and paid ones for like a dollar or so
    Oh ok... when where do I find apm themea for download?